Can EJ be the starting QB for the Bills

Can EJ be a starter for the Bills  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Can EJ be a starter for the Bills

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he's 1 of 2 QBs on the roster. Jeff Tuel can also be the starter. That has nothing to do with his ability.

I call shenanigans. If a QB is on an NFL roster and the team isn't desperate (during season and injuries to #1 and #2) it's because the team thinks he's at least a competent NFL QB.

Not Tom Brady, not Aaron Rodgers, not Drew Brees, not even top-10, but competent. That reflects ability.

I call shenanigans. If a QB is on an NFL roster and the team isn't desperate (during season and injuries to #1 and #2) it's because the team thinks he's at least a competent NFL QB.

Not Tom Brady, not Aaron Rodgers, not Drew Brees, not even top-10, but competent. That reflects ability.

Bingo

This is a poll to judge the general consensus of Bills fans with respect to the abilities of EJ.

More than anything, Manuel needs to project confidence in himself. Every recent interview I see of Bills players they talk about him needing to stop thinking so much and just own the job. Have some cockiness. Players won't have a lot of respect for you as a QB if you show self doubt or if you seem fine with being trashed all the time.

I hope he comes in and says something like, "I'm ready to take over this team. I'm going to prove it to the players, coaches and fans. I'm here to tell you that you're looking at the next Buffalo Bills franchise QB. Let the QB competition begin. To all the doubters...go ahead, I dare you to bet against me."

He needs to not only say it, but to say it with the conviction that it's a fact he knows to be true.

Edited by 1billsfan

A superstar QB is not out there right now. Our best bet is to get a decent veteran like Sanchez, keep our defense together, beef up our line, get a TE and develop a power running game until one comes along. We can win a lot of games and who knows possibly a couple playoff games as well.

Just to be clear I am not suggesting that Tuel would win the job. If EJ gets hurt he would be next in line as of today. So can he be the starter -yes. I don't understand the question? EJ is currently 1 on the depth chart. Obviously he can start. Can he be successful is a totally different question.

Edited by Kirby Jackson