Brady Quinn wants to give it one more shot

YoloinOhio

As what some would call an "EJ hater," I laughed at this. And yes agreed, Brady Quinn is not a viable option.

See you had me and then you lost me. Yes in his final two starts he was in fact "train wreck bad." And I would bet anything that as an EJ supporter, you find it amusing to make fun of Geno Smith, am I right?

Well, EJ has a better qb rating and pretects the ball better than Geno. Besides those facts, there seems to be this need to call young QBs bust first. I really don't get it. I never liked Johnny Football and think he is an entitled d bag. I think he was completely overrated and not physically skilled to succeed at the NFL level. But I can't call him a bust yet because it still is so early.

Also, the second EJ forgets how to tell time on the West Coast, I'm out on him too.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See you had me and then you lost me. Yes in his final two starts he was in fact "train wreck bad." And I would bet anything that as an EJ supporter, you find it amusing to make fun of Geno Smith, am I right?

Manuel's last two starts were "train wreck" bad. But they don't erase his 12 other starts. Football development is not a straight line going upward. Especially when you had an idiot like Doug Marrone in charge.

I think Manuel's going to have a break out year with Roman coaching him. If not, then it's officially time to move on. We need a professional in charge before we can make an honest assessment of EJ Manuel.

Manuel's last two starts were "train wreck" bad. But they don't erase his 12 other starts. Football development is not a straight line going upward. Especially when you had an idiot like Doug Marrone in charge.

I think Manuel's going to have a break out year with Roman coaching him. If not, then it's officially time to move on. We need a professional in charge before we can make an honest assessment of EJ Manuel.

If Manuel's start against the Texans was a train wreck (and it was bad, no denying that), what was Flacco's 3 qb rating against Houston then?

If Manuel's start against the Texans was a train wreck (and it was bad, no denying that), what was Flacco's 3 qb rating against Houston then?

No need to make excuses for the Texan game by comparing how Flacco did. They were both bad regardless of their QB level. Manuel's a big boy and doesn't need that kind of "well he was bad too" support.

I really think that Manuel will have a huge chip on his shoulder this year to prove Doug Marrone was a buffoon.

No need to make excuses for the Texan game by comparing how Flacco did. They were both bad regardless of their QB level. Manuel's a big boy and doesn't need that kind of "well he was bad too" support.

I really think that Manuel will have a huge chip on his shoulder this year to prove Doug Marrone was a buffoon.

Fair. All Qbs have bad games. Watt was female dogging our oline all game. We gained nothing by switching to Orton. I knew it was a mistake.

Marrone and Orton just wasted a year.

Watt = Aaron Maybin. Dudes a bust.

Seriously, does he get drug tested? He was pretty good at Wisconsin but he is an absolute animal at the NFL level.

Dude works out. Like that's seriously that's all he does. Doesn't drink. Eats perfect. The dude does four things. Football. Workout. Charity work. Endorsements.

I live in Houston. He puts Peyton Manning to shame.

He got picked off by JJ Watt. Of course the dude's a bust.

It's posts like this and my subsequent response that make me question the time I spend on this website. So here's the deal, you ready? The interception by JJ Watt was not an advisable pass. However it was a great play by Watt and a mistake that many a young qb could make. So let's take that play out of the equation. Other than that play against Houston he was f*?@ing brutal, do you understand this? For the umpteenth time, Robert Woods was targeted 12 times and ended up with 3 receptions for 17 yards. It was as bad as a qb can possibly look. And guess what? The previous week against San Diego he was even worse. I don't care what any numbers say, Geno Smith has looked better (granted, he has also looked just as bad) than EJ has ever looked. Let's call it a draw so far for the sake of argument. That being said, if you are an EJ believer you CANNOT make fun of Geno Smith. They have both sucked so far. "But, but, but EJ looked pretty good against Carolina last year.." Guess what- Geno Smith looked WAY better against Miami this year. Case closed. And for the shrewd football analyst who mentioned a poor game Joe Flacco had against Houston, do I really need to say that when EJ Manuel WINS A SUPER BOWL then he gets a pass for a bad outing? If I dressed and played a game at qb against Houston next year would you support me and say (as if you've just outsmarted everyone) "yeah sure he's a bust because he threw one bad pass... Joe Flacco had a bad game against Houston too, let's declare him a bust already..." And I'm not even calling him a bust because he should have went in the third round in which case he kind of looks like a qb who got drafted in the third round- a PROJECT. And none of the EJ supporters (who are really emerging from back out of the woodwork these days huh?) ever acknowledge the fact that aside from playing himself out of a job (no one disputed that Orton deserved a shot at the time) he sucked all camp and all preseason long! So no, buffalo joe or whatever, it was not the one pass that Watt picked off that has led me to believe that EJ is not going to be a franchise qb, it's the eye test- how he's looked ever since he got here. Last year against Chicago he looked serviceable- he made like three semi-downfield throws. If he can be that type of game manager consistently I think he could take us to the playoffs with our defense. But please, PLEASE send me a big fat "I told you so" PM if he ever wins us a game. Edited by metzelaars_lives

I am on record as not being an EJ fan at this point. I sat 3 rows from the field in Houston and that was the worst game that I have ever seen a QB play live. This is not hyperbole on my part. I realize that he is young and everyone has bad games. in terms of that game specifically he was horrible. Does that mean that he will be bad forever -no. That particular performance isn't one worth defending. It should just be chalked up to a young QB playing poorly. All young QBs have bad games. It is when performances like that get justified, that the people that don't think that he can be a franchise guy speak up. It is okay to say that he was brutal against Tampa, Pittsburgh, San Diego and Houston. It is also fine to say that he was great late against Carolina. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

Fair. All Qbs have bad games. Watt was female dogging our oline all game. We gained nothing by switching to Orton. I knew it was a mistake.

Marrone and Orton just wasted a year.

Marrone sticking with Orton was probably a blessing in disguise. Because the offense was so suffocating that Manuel no longer had any shot at being successful. Him sitting probably let him keep his confidence that he can play in this league intact.

As soon as Manuel wins a playoff shootout on the last play in Mile High and then goes on to win the Superbowl, he has my complete blessing to post one 3 qb rating game a year. Flacco has a COMPLETE BELL CURVE of performance, EJ ...not so much. When you've won the masters you can shank one in the woods once in a while and it gets shrugged off, when you've never made a cut, you can't afford to shank. Fair or unfair, right or wrong......perception is reality.

Wait... EJ and Geno are a draw so far? Well, ok.

Not many things on planet earth I could care less about debating but what is your argument here? That by virtue of losing his job because he was so bad and thus being more of an unknown that Manuel is in fact better than a guy who did not lose his job but continued to suck? And please look at Smith's numbers from the finale last year at Miami and then before you tell me the game was meaningless, ask yourself, could you really picture Manuel putting up those type of numbers ever? Even in a meaningless game? Then consider the fact that his only weapon all season was a hobbled Eric Decker. And remember I never said that Smith is better. I just said that in no universe can you declare that Manuel is better. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Not many things on planet earth I could care less about debating but what is your argument here? That by virtue of losing his job because he was so bad and thus being more of an unknown that Manuel is in fact better than a guy who did not lose his job but continued to suck? And please look at Smith's numbers from the finale last year at Miami and then before you tell me the game was meaningless, ask yourself, could you really picture Manuel putting up those type of numbers ever? Even in a meaningless game? Then consider the fact that his only weapon all season was a hobbled Eric Decker. And remember I never said that Smith is better. I just said that in no universe can you declare that Manuel is better.

I'm declaring it in this universe. Manuel is better.

Geno puts up huge numbers from time to time, I totally agree. But EJ, right now, is more consistent (which isn't saying a lot), and makes significantly better decisions with the ball. Both QBs need more time to develop, and neither is a bust yet in my book.

It's posts like this and my subsequent response that make me question the time I spend on this website. So here's the deal, you ready? The interception by JJ Watt was not an advisable pass. However it was a great play by Watt and a mistake that many a young qb could make. So let's take that play out of the equation. Other than that play against Houston he was f*?@ing brutal, do you understand this? For the umpteenth time, Robert Woods was targeted 12 times and ended up with 3 receptions for 17 yards. It was as bad as a qb can possibly look. And guess what? The previous week against San Diego he was even worse. I don't care what any numbers say, Geno Smith has looked better (granted, he has also looked just as bad) than EJ has ever looked. Let's call it a draw so far for the sake of argument. That being said, if you are an EJ believer you CANNOT make fun of Geno Smith. They have both sucked so far. "But, but, but EJ looked pretty good against Carolina last year.." Guess what- Geno Smith looked WAY better against Miami this year. Case closed. And for the shrewd football analyst who mentioned a poor game Joe Flacco had against Houston, do I really need to say that when EJ Manuel WINS A SUPER BOWL then he gets a pass for a bad outing? If I dressed and played a game at qb against Houston next year would you support me and say (as if you've just outsmarted everyone) "yeah sure he's a bust because he threw one bad pass... Joe Flacco had a bad game against Houston too, let's declare him a bust already..." And I'm not even calling him a bust because he should have went in the third round in which case he kind of looks like a qb who got drafted in the third round- a PROJECT. And none of the EJ supporters (who are really emerging from back out of the woodwork these days huh?) ever acknowledge the fact that aside from playing himself out of a job (no one disputed that Orton deserved a shot at the time) he sucked all camp and all preseason long! So no, buffalo joe or whatever, it was not the one pass that Watt picked off that has led me to believe that EJ is not going to be a franchise qb, it's the eye test- how he's looked ever since he got here. Last year against Chicago he looked serviceable- he made like three semi-downfield throws. If he can be that type of game manager consistently I think he could take us to the playoffs with our defense. But please, PLEASE send me a big fat "I told you so" PM if he ever wins us a game.

Hard to argue with any of this.

Still hoping he finds a way to turn it around as he may be our best option next season

I'm declaring it in this universe. Manuel is better.

Geno puts up huge numbers from time to time, I totally agree. But EJ, right now, is more consistent (which isn't saying a lot), and makes significantly better decisions with the ball. Both QBs need more time to develop, and neither is a bust yet in my book.

What?? Based on what? EJ, in his second season, looked putrid throughout camp and the preseason, played, admittedly, serviceably in two games and then looked as bad as a QB can possibly look in the next two. What is consistent about this? The only reason people argue Geno Smith is worse is because he throws more interceptions, which is only because he actually has testicles. If my only objective was to escape a game without throwing interceptions, I could accomplish that. It would entail me devolving into a shell of a man, but I could do it. Now you could argue that Manuel devolved into a shell of a man because of Marrone, fine. But you cannot argue that EJ makes better decisions because he is afraid to throw the football to guys who aren't wide open. And agreed that neither is a bust yet.