TE's underwhelming at combine

Mij yllek

Yeah, very "Chandler-esque". None of these guys are gonna be better than Chandler, at least for a couple years. And is a guy available in the 5th just as good as a guy in the 2nd?

There will be 3-4 of these guys better than Chandler next year if given the opportunity that he is given. If you put Maxx Williams in Chandler's spot he would have more catches, yards and TDs. He's just a much better receiver and athlete.

Why is it we auto say a player is not as good as Chandler but a TE like Marques Gray comes in mid season after being released and auto looks just as good as he does and CAN BLOCK

The answer is we overrate Chandler (or Gray was an actual find?)

One, I have say that I like the idea of a FB who can catch a ball.

That said, picking up someone even a project like James, it could at least help with cap space.

Why is it we auto say a player is not as good as Chandler but a TE like Marques Gray comes in mid season after being released and auto looks just as good as he does and CAN BLOCK

The answer is we overrate Chandler (or Gray was an actual find?)

I don't think we overrate Chandler. He's a good Tight End, not an all-pro, but he's the best we've had in a long time.

Our problem is that for the last 2 years, we had a coach and OC who did not know how to properly use Chandler.

How many times did we see 1 yard screen passes designed to go to Chandler? Far too many. That's not how you use Chandler.

I don't think we overrate Chandler. He's a good Tight End, not an all-pro, but he's the best we've had in a long time.

Our problem is that for the last 2 years, we had a coach and OC who did not know how to properly use Chandler.

How many times did we see 1 yard screen passes designed to go to Chandler? Far too many. That's not how you use Chandler.

The problem is that he's the best that we have had doesn't mean that he's good. He isn't a top 20 TE but would be a great #2. If you paired Chandler with Maxx we'd be in good shape.

lol. I had forgotten about the TE slip screens. With Watkins blocking. Thanks for reminding me. :(

Their 40 times were not very impressive with only Wes Saxton running a sub 4.60.

The one TE who I found interesting was Cameron Clear of A and M. He is a great blocker and at 6'6" 280 has the potential to play OT. ( Jason Peters 2.0?) Perhaps a late round pick or high priority UFA.

On another note, Chris Gragg is the 4th fastest TE in the NFL at the moment, faster than any of the

TE's in this years draft. Hopefully we can develop him into an offensive weapon.

Anyone know Gragg's time vs. Marques Gray's ? .... Gray's an interesting prospect and I don't think we've seen the best of Gragg yet, depending on how he'd be utilized in Roman's schemes