Rex is at the combine in a Thurman Thomas jersey.

fakeeyed

I don't give a rat's ass what Rex wears or says. That anyone cares amazes me. I only care about results.

I live in NYC, and his time here was a disaster. He kept bringing in bad actors until the dressing room and chemistry was a disaster. His first move here is to bring in Incognito. That might work out, but considering how many bridges Incognito has burned, I won't hold my breath.

When he wins, I'll cheer his time as coach. Until then, who cares what he says?

He wears a Thomas jersey and some of you act like he is a great coach. One person here crows that Rex is dressing better than Bellichick. Personally, I'd rather win the division every year and bring 6 Super Bowl rings here.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't give a rat's ass what Rex wears or says. That anyone cares amazes me. I only care about results.

I live in NYC, and his time here was a disaster. He kept bringing in bad actors until the dressing room and chemistry was a disaster. His first move here is to bring in Incognito. That might work out, but considering how many bridges Incognito has burned, I won't hold my breath.

When he wins, I'll cheer his time as coach. Until then, who cares what he says?

He wears a Thomas jersey and some of you act like he is a great coach. One person here crows that Rex is dressing better than Bellichick. Personally, I'd rather win the division every year and bring 6 Super Bowl rings here.

Yet you took the time to write this crap...

I think Kemp is partly right and partly misses the point. The Thurman jersey itself isn't the point, it's that Ryan is reaching out to the local community and trying to tie the current Bills organization to that of 25 years ago. That's important.

But can he coach, that's a good question. Sending Schwartz packing to install his own favorite defense -- could work out, could be a disaster, it's Ryan's call and it's Ryan's responsibility. It was so great to see the Bills playing really good defense the past two years, and I would hate to see the guys who made it work for Schwartz floundering in a new set. I still don't understand how you take Hughes-Williams-Dareus-Williams and play a 3-4. Even if Hughes leaves, how do you play a 3-4 with those guys? Kyle Williams is a great DT but isn't built to be a DE. Mario Williams is a great DE but doesn't have the speed beyond 10 yards to be a good LB. So many people are infatuated with Rex Ryan, but Kemp is right -- it's results that matter.

And, not only can he coach, but can he lead? His time in NY was me unsure. He's doing leadership stuff but a leader also has to let people know what's expected and allowed. I hope this part works out too.

I don't give a rat's ass what Rex wears or says. That anyone cares amazes me. I only care about results. I live in NYC, and his time here was a disaster. He kept bringing in bad actors until the dressing room and chemistry was a disaster. His first move here is to bring in Incognito. That might work out, but considering how many bridges Incognito has burned, I won't hold my breath. When he wins, I'll cheer his time as coach. Until then, who cares what he says? He wears a Thomas jersey and some of you act like he is a great coach. One person here crows that Rex is dressing better than Bellichick. Personally, I'd rather win the division every year and bring 6 Super Bowl rings here.Yet you took the time to write this crap...

I don't know how anyone can like him, all this PR stuff doesn't win games, yet every move this clown makes gets cheers from the kool-aid drinkers, he better put up or all these phony reach outs will be a waste just like his last gig
You two should give each other a hug.

I don't know how anyone can like him, all this PR stuff doesn't win games, yet every move this clown makes gets cheers from the kool-aid drinkers, he better put up or all these phony reach outs will be a waste just like his last gig

Well i gathered you are not a fan.

But i like the guys character, now that we have gotten a bit more tape on him as the Bills HC.

Of course it comes down to wins. That goes without saying. I hope Bills FO is a better fit than the Jets were the last two years.

Even past Jet's players are coming out and reporting the disfunction about Idzik and how he took over the team.

Kellen Winslow backed Chris Johnson's comments and completely blamed Idzik for his poor performance rather than the coach.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/17/kellen-winslow-seconds-chris-johnsons-view-of-the-jets/

Keep in mind Ryan was 34-30 before Idzik, and 12-20 with.

It's not like the Ryan didn't do ANYTHING in New York during his tenure there. He took a Jets team who had ranked 18th or worse defensively in 07 and 08 to first in the league in 09. He led the Jets to two winning seasons in a row for the first time in eight years and finished 2nd in the AFC East behind NE in 4 of his 6 seasons. His 20-12 record and 4 playoff wins in his first two seasons came with one 1000 yard rusher in 09 and zero 1000 yard receivers. He also had a rookie QB Mark Sanchez whose completion percentage was 4% less than Manuel his first two years in the league and a TD/Int ratio of 29/33 vs. Manuel's 16/12.

The Bills are arguably more talented with their current roster right now than the Jets were in Ryan's first two years. And Ryan's 4-2 playoff record in his six seasons as a Jets HC crushes Buffalo's 1-4 playoff record the past 20 years.

Even Gang Green's accessment of the Idzik era was pretty crucifying and also comes to the aid of Ryan's reputation. I think it's spot on.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014/12/29/7459489/john-idzik-a-reign-of-error

I think Ryan reporting to Pegula was more of a request of Ryan than a demand from Pegula. Ryan knew that his next coaching situation (which he made very clear is his last) couldn't repeat the same experience he had in NY. His reporting to Pegula ensures this

Edited by dezertbill

Sending Schwartz packing to install his own favorite defense -- could work out, could be a disaster, it's Ryan's call and it's Ryan's responsibility.

Wait. I thought Schwartz sent Schwartz packing. Didn't Rex meet with Schwartz for the express purpose of trying to work out a staff position for him, only to have that declined by Schwartz?

Rex and Belichick apparently not the mortal enemies we're led to believe.

on the field yes. Off the field why?

Also I just saw an image where other person(s) was not shown

dm_150220_nfl_amigos_combine.jpg

caption please

Rex - Oh I'm gunna kick your azz this season don't you doubt it.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever