PFF releases Bills 2015 depth chart

YoloinOhio

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm clearly biased, I see a bunch of guys rated about one level too low... as it is, that roster looks like a pretty bad team, ouch.

They only have a few teams done so far for this year but if I remember correctly from last year, there were other teams that looked a lot worse (that you wouldn't expect). They also don't include FAs so I wonder where Hughes, Searcy, and Dpiller would be. Last year I believe CJ was either blue or dark green.

They only have a few teams done so far for this year but if I remember correctly from last year, there were other teams that looked a lot worse (that you wouldn't expect). They also don't include FAs so I wonder where Hughes, Searcy, and Dpiller would be. Last year I believe CJ was either blue or dark green.

CJ dark green or blue would be too high... at least under Marrone.

meh. I think their ranking on many guys is quite low.

Mario is elite

Watkins and Aaron Williams are atleast Good to Very Good

Wood, Chandler and Colton Schmidt are Good.

Absolutely. I'm not sure if you can put Watkins at very good quite yet but he is definitely at least "good" and not "average". It will be interesting to see how the rest of the rookie WO's land in player category - Benjamin is also "average".

Manuel, even though people bellow otherwise, is at least "below average" and at best (right now in his career) "average". He can win you games and lose you some. Poor is a bit of a far cry.

Anyone that does not classify Mario Williams as elite has no credibility. I guess that JJ Watt is the ONLY DE that they consider elite? There is not another DE in football as good as Mario. He was voted a 1st team All-Pro this year and rightfully so.

I think that will be interesting - speaking of Houston players, I'm interested to see if they grade Clowney as anything. If he gets anything other than "unknown" then any sort of grading credibility can go completely out the window if it hasn't already from the Mario categorization.

Anyone that does not classify Mario Williams as elite has no credibility. I guess that JJ Watt is the ONLY DE that they consider elite? There is not another DE in football as good as Mario. He was voted a 1st team All-Pro this year and rightfully so.

yea, and they have consistently done it. id be curious to hear more discussion on their reasons. could just be some sort of perception theyve held onto, instead of watching him extensively and currently.

yea, and they have consistently done it. id be curious to hear more discussion on their reasons. could just be some sort of perception theyve held onto, instead of watching him extensively and currently.

It's a numbers thing, I bet. If Mario does his job perfectly and sets the edge, and someone else makes a tackle, it gets less points than Watt bull rushing and making the tackle himself.

It's a numbers thing, I bet. If Mario does his job perfectly and sets the edge, and someone else makes a tackle, it gets less points than Watt bull rushing and making the tackle himself.

but thats A guy. mario still makes a ton of plays, and should be racking up numbers in their system still for simply executing his job properly which many of the speed ends dont. theres no one else putting up Watt-style numbers and mario is in that group right behind while still doing the dirty work too.

how many elite DEs did they give out/who got them?

Edited by NoSaint

Yea the bloke who runs the site loves Kyle. Since meeting the bloke who runs PFF (he is a Brit) my respect for it as an analytics tool has gone through the floor. He is one of those blokes who massively has favourites and if you are one of his favourite players you are magically assured a top grade every year.

Mario Williams is not only elite, I don't see a better pure defensive end in football. JJ Watt is the best D-lineman but he lines up as a DT and a DE.... Williams as a guy purely playing defensive end is, in my view, unmatched in the NFL.

Edited by GunnerBill