Vincent Jackson could be cut...

YoloinOhio

That's a huge IF on Goodwin and even then he is only situational to stretch the field on passing downs.

Hogan is always good for 6 yards (when it's 3rd and 7).

I am sorry but we need a real 3rd WR in the mix and Mike Williams was pretty much this guy. A TE is going to do a lot but a 3rd WR is big, too.

Im really pissed right now that we wasted our shot with Mike Williams on Marrone and Hackett. Would love to see what wouldve happened with Mike coming to the Bills this year with Rex and Roman.

I wonder what really happened with him last year...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im really pissed right now that we wasted our shot with Mike Williams on Marrone and Hackett. Would love to see what wouldve happened with Mike coming to the Bills this year with Rex and Roman.

I wonder what really happened with him last year...

its clear he lost a step. He wasn't the same Mike Williams he used to be. And he was never the dynamic player Vincent Jackson was but he was a very good wr. He brought more to this team then Goodwin or hogan did. Both the latter two are grossly overrated. I think he could end up being a great fit in NY on the jets or giants who would benefit from a big target. The giants can't seem to lock down the extra te that manning needs. Williams could fill that role. And the jets need anyone big to catch the wild balls thrown by geno. Same with Carolina and newton.

He won't put up 600 yard in 2015 but he's going to make key catches.

Also so glad you're back to regularly posting. Missed ya man

its clear he lost a step. He wasn't the same Mike Williams he used to be. And he was never the dynamic player Vincent Jackson was but he was a very good wr. He brought more to this team then Goodwin or hogan did. Both the latter two are grossly overrated. I think he could end up being a great fit in NY on the jets or giants who would benefit from a big target. The giants can't seem to lock down the extra te that manning needs. Williams could fill that role. And the jets need anyone big to catch the wild balls thrown by geno. Same with Carolina and newton.

Yeah, my point exactly. Even with losing a step he still should have been a pretty good option at the #3 spot. Wonder if there is any chance at bringing him back...

Good to be back! We'll see how long it lasts once FA and the real offseason madness starts! :thumbsup:

Hogan is a Welker about to happen. My gut tells me that he's going to have a great year this year.

actually the opposite, sj made all easy catches and dropped any long or slightly difficult ones. Either way no thanks.

I hate to enlighten you but lets give Stevie credit. He made some great catches as a Bill like the one in this clip.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000112189/WK-15-Can-t-Miss-Play-Stick-to-Stevie

Hogan is a Welker about to happen. My gut tells me that he's going to have a great year this year.

Based on what? He caught 41 balls for 426 yards with a coaching staff that LOVED him. That put him at 99th in receptions last year (or a high end 4th option). Welker has 5 seasons of over 111 catches. Hogan is a number 3 or 4 receiver. He is better than I give him credit for but when I hear that he is Welker waiting to happen I need something to back that up.

Based on what? He caught 41 balls for 426 yards with a coaching staff that LOVED him. That put him at 99th in receptions last year (or a high end 4th option). Welker has 5 seasons of over 111 catches. Hogan is a number 3 or 4 receiver. He is better than I give him credit for but when I hear that he is Welker waiting to happen I need something to back that up.

Better career than Rogers though. :)

And you can improve at the #3 wr spot but Hogan is more than serviceable. Like all players, I think he has a chance to improve without Marrone/Hackett.

Hogan's stats in his 3rd year in football are not that different to Welkers 3rd season. However one glaring difference is Hogan caught 4 tds compared to to Welkers 0. I saw a lot of progression over the season from the former College lacrosse player. He only had one year of college football which has slowed his progression. I really think the penny has dropped for him and we'll see great things this year from him as a possession receiver. The kid can get open and can catch and run, plus he's a gritty type of player.

Hogan's stats in his 3rd year in football are not that different to Welkers 3rd season. However one glaring difference is Hogan caught 4 tds compared to to Welkers 0. I saw a lot of progression over the season from the former College lacrosse player. He only had one year of college football which has slowed his progression. I really think the penny has dropped for him and we'll see great things this year from him as a possession receiver. The kid can get open and can catch and run, plus he's a gritty type of player.

Yes, he has a chance to be a poor man's Wayne Chrebet. Let's not compare him to a guy that is potentially a HOFer just yet. His numbers put him as a low end #3 or a high end 4th option. We get way carried away when we start talking about hard working, scrappy, white slot receivers. At this point in his career he is nowhere near Edleman, Welker or even Brian Hartline (more good years). He's a good story and not a horrendous player but he is Cole Beasley, not Wes Welker.

The last coaching staff adored him and gave him every chance in the world. He did okay but I would guess that he takes a slight step back this year. This coaching staff seems to want big and physical all over. If I had to guess they are going to go after a number 2 target that is big and slide Woods into the slot. You may be looking at something like Watkins, Crabtree, Woods.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Yes, he has a chance to be a poor man's Wayne Chrebet. Let's not compare him to a guy that is potentially a HOFer just yet. His numbers put him as a low end #3 or a high end 4th option. We get way carried away when we start talking about hard working, scrappy, white slot receivers. At this point in his career he is nowhere near Edleman, Welker or even Brian Hartline (more good years). He's a good story and not a horrendous player but he is Cole Beasley, not Wes Welker.

The last coaching staff adored him and gave him every chance in the world. He did okay but I would guess that he takes a slight step back this year. This coaching staff seems to want big and physical all over. If I had to guess they are going to go after a number 2 target that is big and slide Woods into the slot. You may be looking at something like Watkins, Crabtree, Woods.

Crabtree is completey mediocre. Hogan actually had a higher ypc and the same amount of tds. Again, his name is bigger than his game and he will want a contract he doesn't deserve.

Crabtree is completey mediocre. Hogan actually had a higher ypc and the same amount of tds. Again, his name is bigger than his game and he will want a contract he doesn't deserve.

I am not a Crabtree fan myself. Roman is familiar with him and he fits that physical mold that we are looking at. The Bills are going to be looking for a big, physical pass catcher at WR and/or TE (a TE for sure). I throw Crabtree out as A name not THE name. It could be a variety of guys and may come in the draft. There will be a big physical WR added to the roster IMO. Kenny Britt is another guy to keep an eye on.

Time will tell whether my opinion on Hogan is correct. You have to remember though that Welker was just some undrafted receiver until he joined the Pats, his 3rd team in 4 years. Chrebet was a long shot as well and the "teams mascot" in some people's mind. Lets revisit 2/2016 when we can see how Hogan did next season.

I am not a Crabtree fan myself. Roman is familiar with him and he fits that physical mold that we are looking at. The Bills are going to be looking for a big, physical pass catcher at WR and/or TE (a TE for sure). I throw Crabtree out as A name not THE name. It could be a variety of guys and may come in the draft. There will be a big physical WR added to the roster IMO. Kenny Britt is another guy to keep an eye on.

There's a chance Hogan is better than Crabtree. I get it. You don't like the guy but he keeps on improving and he still is a raw football player.

If he played in NE, he'd be a very valuable player.

Time will tell whether my opinion on Hogan is correct. You have to remember though that Welker was just some undrafted receiver until he joined the Pats, his 3rd team in 4 years. Chrebet was a long shot as well and the "teams mascot" in some people's mind. Lets revisit 2/2016 when we can see how Hogan did next season.

Welker is arguably the greatest punt returner in NCAA history. He was always thought of to be a star. If you look at what he did prior to Texas Tech and then at Texas Tech it is not a surprise that he became a great player. He went undrafted based on his size alone but his play has been at a high level for his whole life.

There's a chance Hogan is better than Crabtree. I get it. You don't like the guy but he keeps on improving and he still is a raw football player.

If he played in NE, he'd be a very valuable player.

What is it that people love about him? He is a slot guy that gets a lot of chances and catches 2 1/2 balls a game for 26 yards. He is Cole Beasley. I am reading comparisons to a guy headed for the HOF. We should be comparing him to Josh Reed. This is the reason that I don't like him. He averages 2.5 catches a game and 26 yards a game and we are saying, "I see him as the next Wes Welker." Everyone loves scrappy, white slot receivers and we have one. He is Cole Beasley at this point which is fine. If he catches 60 balls are we going to put him on the wall of fame?? He is a low end 3rd option that doesn't do anything particularly well. He never knows where the markers which is a staple of that scrappy slot receiver. He is a below average football player that belongs on the roster but not in a conversation with Wes Welker.

Welker is arguably the greatest punt returner in NCAA history. He was always thought of to be a star. If you look at what he did prior to Texas Tech and then at Texas Tech it is not a surprise that he became a great player. He went undrafted based on his size alone but his play has been at a high level for his whole life.

Just so I understand, Welker was always thought of as a star and always played at a high level. He was undrafted because of size but size did not stop Steve Smith from being drafted, hmmm. He was on 3 different teams in his 4 years so the Chargers and Dolphins must have felt that there was better out there. The Patriots created a gameplan that suited his skills. At the time that they acquired him for a 2nd round pick no one thought that they were getting the value that they did. I don't know if Chris Hogan personally pissed in your Cheerios but I think you should go back and look at what he did well this year. He knows how to find space, catch and run. Welker was not always the great Wes Welker. It is my opinion, just an opinion, that Hogan will really step it up this year and show his full potential.

Just so I understand, Welker was always thought of as a star and always played at a high level. He was undrafted because of size but size did not stop Steve Smith from being drafted, hmmm. He was on 3 different teams in his 4 years so the Chargers and Dolphins must have felt that there was better out there. The Patriots created a gameplan that suited his skills. At the time that they acquired him for a 2nd round pick no one thought that they were getting the value that they did. I don't know if Chris Hogan personally pissed in your Cheerios but I think you should go back and look at what he did well this year. He knows how to find space, catch and run. Welker was not always the great Wes Welker. It is my opinion, just an opinion, that Hogan will really step it up this year and show his full potential.

Welker was the state player of the year in high school and scored 80 TDs. He is probably the greatest returner in college history. In his 1st 3 years in the NFL only Gayle Sayers has more all-purpose yards. It's fine to have an opinion but the hyperbole is out of control on Hogan. He may be a decent player but people (not just you) constantly say that he could be the next Welker. Is it okay if I say that Randell Johnson will be the next James Harrison? That sounds ridiculous -right? That's kind of the equivalent of comparing Hogan to Welker. It doesn't sound ridiculous to say that Johnson could develop into Manny Lawson which would be a nice career. Hogan could be Brian Hartline which would be a nice career (Hogan may have had a better year actually).

In terms of Hogan doing well he averaged 2.5 catches and 26 yards a game. That doesn't impress me. It's okay and has him as a high end 4th option. He isn't useless but we are comparing him to a HOF player. We don't compare our 4th LB to a future HOF player.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Welker was the state player of the year in high school and scored 80 TDs. He is probably the greatest returner in college history. In his 1st 3 years in the NFL only Gayle Sayers has more all-purpose yards. It's fine to have an opinion but the hyperbole is out of control on Hogan. He may be a decent player but people (not just you) constantly say that he could be the next Welker. Is it okay if I say that Randell Johnson will be the next James Harrison? That sounds ridiculous -right? That's kind of the equivalent of comparing Hogan to Welker. It doesn't sound ridiculous to say that Johnson could develop into Manny Lawson which would be a nice career. Hogan could be Brian Hartline which would be a nice career (Hogan may have had a better year actually).

In terms of Hogan doing well he averaged 2.5 catches and 26 yards a game. That doesn't impress me. It's okay and has him as a high end 4th option. He isn't useless but we are comparing him to a HOF player. We don't compare our 4th LB to a future HOF player.

What did you expect from Hogan? He was a 3rd or 4th option on terrible offense. He essentially won us the Minnesota game catching a prayer from Orton.

You're a good poster but man do you hate on Hogan. You were part of the crusade of Da'Rick and Hogan is having a better NFL career. You pretend like Hogan is some scrub athlete. He was able to play D1 lacrosse and lead his team in scoring. And he got himself invite to a NFL camp and has carve out a NFL career.

He's 6'1" 220. He put up better combine numbers than Woods. He got voted fittest Bill and reps 275 bench 8 times. This guy is a legit NFL player and is produced better than guys who have "more talent."