Super Bowl XLIX Game thread

YoloinOhio

Who was the better team? Who deserved to win?

That's a tough one. If I had to say, I think the Patriots deserved to win a tad more than the Seahawks. They made a few more plays. They controlled the game a little more. They scored at the end when they had to, the Seahawks didn't. The refs didn't matter. No one got screwed.

Agreed. Fun game to watch

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a tough one. If I had to say, I think the Patriots deserved to win a tad more than the Seahawks. They made a few more plays. They controlled the game a little more. They scored at the end when they had to, the Seahawks didn't. The refs didn't matter. No one got screwed.

The Patriots certainly looked more disciplined out there. And I would say that they were the more well-rounded team going into this matchup. Wilson bought a ton of time and threw up some jump balls, but their offense was otherwise handled very well. Brady did a good job exploiting that early injury and then played lights out in the 4th.

I hate the Pats*, but I agree with this.

The way the Hawks went down left me feeling a little less pissed about the Pats win. Not just Irvin but at least 2 other guys took shots at Gronk. He looked like he was just trying to shove people out of the way. Irvin and any others who threw punches should get minimum $100k fines for that garbage.

And the Patriots played their ass off on every down. I hate them but they deserved to win.

On the plus side the Patriots winning ferreted out the last of the closet Patriots fans left on my Facebook that didn't out themselves during the playoffs. I deleted over a dozen people during the 2 weeks leading up to the game today and think I got the last remaining 5 tonight.

Really, you are going to get rid of friends because they rooted for the Patriots <_<

When the Bills were doing their coashing search, I thought they should take a close look at Seattle's defensive and offensive coordinators. I was surpised by Rex Ryan's hiring but I'm on board. After the Super Bowl, I feel better about Ryan's hiring.

Before the Super Bowl, I kept hearing that Seattle plays the same defense continuously. I'm not a defensive expert but it seemed that way during the Superbowl. Setting aside the interceptions, Brady had the Patriots moving down the field regularly. Brady had a tougher time against the Bills defense.

Good luck to Quinn with the Atlanta Falcons but I'm wondering whether he is a defensive wizard or if he got by based on the team's talent.

I don't know anything about Seattle's offensive coordinator. If he made the play call on the goal line, the Bills did well by not hiring him.

They're a brash bunch, and I think it just blew their minds as they went from a "we just won this thing" to a holy crap we were just robbed of our win, in seconds. Still no excuse.

No excuse and no robbing either. If they wanted to take out their frustrations they should have gone after the OC and Wilson.

Unfortunately true. For this game in a vacuum anyway...

I still find espn's/Collinsworth's "unlucky to not be 6-0" narrative maddening as they ignore the laundry list of breaks in '01, or the fortunate 2-2 mark vs Baltimore with a negative eight billion pt differential in 4 games.

Puke.