Mike Glennon FA

Mike Glennon is worse than Ryan Mallet who is worse than Mike Glennon who is a poor man's Ryan Mallet who is a poor man's Mike Glennon. No thanks.

I seem to recall somebody on TSW who has a hard-on for Ryan Mallett...who was that?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he were a free agent, I would not mind him being brought in for competition since the other options are not overwhelming. But I would not want to give up a draft pick to get him. Now, if Rex decides that a certain player won't fit his defense, then I would not mind a player for player trade. I do think Glennon has potential.

If he were a free agent, I would not mind him being brought in for competition since the other options are not overwhelming. But I would not want to give up a draft pick to get him. Now, if Rex decides that a certain player won't fit his defense, then I would not mind a player for player trade. I do think Glennon has potential.

I think where the Bills are right now, they are not bringing in another young project like Glennon. Given the choice, I'm pretty sure that Roman would rather have an athletic guy like EJ Manuel with a little less accuracy than a very unathletic guy with more accuracy like Mike Glennon. The reason is because NFL defenses are forcing QBs more and more to extend plays. Brady and Manning are becoming outdated models, the game has changed. Defensive players are too fast now. Athletic QBs like Luck, Wilson, Rodgers who extend plays with their legs are what you are looking for now in a QB. So Manuel will be the project "athletic" QB they hope to flip the "franchise QB" switch on this year.

IMO the QB they will bring in to compete for the starting job will be either Hoyer or Sanchez IMO. A cheap veteran QB who is there if Manuel does not step up in a big way and who could be a placeholder for the next young QB they target in either this years or next years draft.

interesting. Personally I don't love either of these guys but I could give a 5th for Cousins. Really not a Glennon fan at all.

I can't believe there are still people on the Cousins bandwagon. He's another one who I would be OK being brought in to compete, but not if we have to sacrifice a draft pick to do it.

I can't believe there are still people on the Cousins bandwagon. He's another one who I would be OK being brought in to compete, but not if we have to sacrifice a draft pick to do it.

what about "I don't love either of these guys" says I'm on the bandwagon of Cousins...

I'm beginning to think that half the posters don't bother reading the posts they quote.

Lol and I knew someone would say something like that but seriously I don't really see him as a great option but we have two 5ths, we need QBs, at one time scouts thought relatively highly of him, pickings are very slim, so I would do it but I would also get another guy too (hopefully.

You said you were willing to give a 5th round pick for him in a trade. (I did read what you wrote).

5th rd pick in a trade for a QB does not equate to I'm on this player's bandwagon. Joe B saying 2015 2nd, 2016 1st plus Marcel Dareus for Jameis Winston = bandwagon.

IMO!

5th rd pick in a trade for a QB does not equate to I'm on this player's bandwagon. Joe B saying 2015 2nd, 2016 1st plus Marcel Dareus for Jameis Winston = bandwagon.

IMO!

Personally, I have no interest in trading any picks for the garbage QBs that are currently rumored to be available. And I certainly want no part of trading up for Winston or Mariota. I'd like to see them give EJ a fair shot. Sign the best FA possible and let them compete. Draft a QB in Rd2, 3 or 4 and develop them so they have a shot in 2016 if EJ or the FA signee fails (maybe we get lucky and the draftee comes in immediately and takes the job like Russell Wilson, but that is VERY unlikely. My feeling is that EJ has a 60-70% chance of being the starter for week 1 of 2015 (barring injury).

The only guy who the rumour mill has as possibly availabe that I would give a pick for is Foles. I like Bradford a little more than Foles but wouldn't trade for him and take on the salary.... I'd only bring him in if he was cut.

Glennon, Cousins or anyone else I might take a FA flier on but I am not giving a pick for.

IMO!

That's what it might take, I would be tempted to do it

I'm beginning to think that half the posters don't bother reading the posts they quote.

This board is terrible...probably like 50% of the posters around here don't even take the time to read what they quote.

Personally, I have no interest in trading any picks for the garbage QBs that are currently rumored to be available. And I certainly want no part of trading up for Winston or Mariota. I'd like to see them give EJ a fair shot. Sign the best FA possible and let them compete. Draft a QB in Rd2, 3 or 4 and develop them so they have a shot in 2016 if EJ or the FA signee fails (maybe we get lucky and the draftee comes in immediately and takes the job like Russell Wilson, but that is VERY unlikely. My feeling is that EJ has a 60-70% chance of being the starter for week 1 of 2015 (barring injury).

regarding a guy like Cousins, I look at it as if he was just coming out of college and available in the 5th rd of this upcoming draft, would I take him? My answer is yes, therefore I would give up a 5th for him esp since we have 2 and this is a relatively weak draft. I would still expect another QB to be brought in in addition to him, but I wouldn't have an issue having him in camp.

I think where the Bills are right now, they are not bringing in another young project like Glennon. Given the choice, I'm pretty sure that Roman would rather have an athletic guy like EJ Manuel with a little less accuracy than a very unathletic guy with more accuracy like Mike Glennon. The reason is because NFL defenses are forcing QBs more and more to extend plays. Brady and Manning are becoming outdated models, the game has changed. Defensive players are too fast now. Athletic QBs like Luck, Wilson, Rodgers who extend plays with their legs are what you are looking for now in a QB. So Manuel will be the project "athletic" QB they hope to flip the "franchise QB" switch on this year.

Most OC's would prefer an accurate qb who has good pocket presence and understands defenses over a great athletic qb who is lacking in the other areas. Having a qb who is inaccurate is being operated by a surgeon who doesn't have steady hands. It's a trait that disqualifies you from having success.

What good is extending plays if you can't consistently hit your receiver? Can an inaccurate qb be taught to be more accurate? Yes, but up to a certain point. When you watch Rodgers, Brady, Manning and Brees there is a precision level that can't be taught to someone who is an erratic passer.

IMO the QB they will bring in to compete for the starting job will be either Hoyer or Sanchez IMO. A cheap veteran QB who is there if Manuel does not step up in a big way and who could be a placeholder for the next young QB they target in either this years or next years draft.

I agree with you that both of the qbs you mentioned are candidates to be brought in, among many others. Who the front office brings in is the most interesting offseason issue to considered. It will give you aclue on how the organization believes EJ is a viable option.