Browns seem done with Johnny Manziel; enters rehab

YoloinOhio

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're of the opinion that JF wouldn't have been drafted?

He shouldn't have been drafted. He probably wouldn't have been drafted it didn't look like Jerry Jones people were going to let that happen... Of course always a team like the Browns though.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Johnny Football and Tebow were nothing alike as prospects. 0/2.

They were both great college players that many people could see not transitioning to the NFL. It's like you are angry at me b.c Manziel failed. Don't get angry at me b.c I knew what Manziel was and so did many other teams.

Edited by Beef Jerky

They were both great college players that many people could see not transitioning to the NFL. It's like you are angry at me b.c Manziel failed. Don't get angry at me b.c I knew what Manziel was and so did many other teams.

I'm not angry, your opinions are just incorrect.

I'm not angry, your opinions are just incorrect.

Like I said I wish they were... But Manziel has proven me correct. Hopefully he realizes he isn't a NFL QB. I am just glad we don't have posters in the front office like that other guy who wants to bring Manziel here.

@MaryKayCabot: Breaking: #Browns QB Johnny Manziel has entered treatment Wednesday according to publicist Denise Michaels. Details coming soon

Rehab

@RapSheet: Per Johnny Manziels advisor Brad Beckworth, Manziel entered treatment on Wednesday. He thought the off-season was the right time.

"@JFowlerESPN: Manziel enters treatment to 'improve' self. http://t.co/vlx1xNaEjx"

glad to hear it, although it's concerning that he has to figure out his value system

Sadly I know some people who cover the team and Manziel also has a serious drug problem. The team has been aware of the alcoholism for awhile (last summer). Football is the last thing his family cares about right now. Hopefully he is healthy for training camp not because I am counting on him to be our QB, but because it means there is some hope for him to contribute at some point. That maybe, just maybe, the issues that led to his lack of focus are wrapped up in his drug/acohol problems. And could be "fixable." I never wanted the Browns to draft him because I felt there were better QBs in the draft. But they did, so I have hope left. I feel like a terrible person for being such a fan that I worry our QB situation rather than real life problems of a human being.

I admittedly know nothing about the rehab process so my apologies in advance for sounding ignorant that things can be "fixed" if that is not reality. Brett Favre went to rehab and was able to recover, correct? Any other examples?

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

Sadly I know some people who cover the team and Manziel also has a serious drug problem. The team has been aware of the alcoholism for awhile (last summer). Football is the last thing his family cares about right now. Hopefully he is healthy for training camp not because I am counting on him to be our QB, but because it means there is some hope for him to contribute at some point. That maybe, just maybe, the issues that led to his lack of focus are wrapped up in his drug/acohol problems. And could be "fixable." I never wanted the Browns to draft him because I felt there were better QBs in the draft. But they did, so I have hope left. I feel like a terrible person for being such a fan that I worry our QB situation rather than real life problems of a human being.

I admittedly know nothing about the rehab process so my apologies in advance for sounding ignorant that things can be "fixed" if that is not reality. Brett Favre went to rehab and was able to recover, correct? Any other examples?

don't worry that's most people.

Like I said I wish they were... But Manziel has proven me correct. Hopefully he realizes he isn't a NFL QB. I am just glad we don't have posters in the front office like that other guy who wants to bring Manziel here.

I can assure you, Manziel would have been drafted by just about every other team if Cleveland and Dallas didn't take him.

In fact, I think Houston was hoping he'd be there at 33.

Edited by FireChan

The success rate of AA and rehab is about 10% overall. The odds are not with him.

I can assure you, Manziel would have been drafted by just about every other team if Cleveland and Dallas didn't take him.

In fact, I think Houston was hoping he'd be there at 33.

Doubt it but who knows teams make mistakes all the time. Houston wanted Garopolo. Edited by Beef Jerky

Hey, for all the people that say EJ deserves more time and its unfair to write him off..... why not more time for Johnny ?

Ryan Mallett also has less time on the field then EJ

Too many people here pick and choose WHO deserves more time ?

You got that right.

It's funny....for those saying Johnny Football is not NFL material and what not...

As risky of an NFL prospect as he is...he is much LESS of a risk than freaking EJ Manuel, and I would have said that while both guys were still playing in college.

Don't get me wrong: I think Johnny has a long road to hoe and it is highly unlikely that he turns into a steady NFL QB. But at least he has a pulse. EJ just sucks.

You got that right.

It's funny....for those saying Johnny Football is not NFL material and what not...

As risky of an NFL prospect as he is...he is much LESS of a risk than freaking EJ Manuel, and I would have said that while both guys were still playing in college.

Don't get me wrong: I think Johnny has a long road to hoe and it is highly unlikely that he turns into a steady NFL QB. But at least he has a pulse. EJ just sucks.

So should the Bills try to trade EJ for Manziel?

Manziel is a young man with a substance abuse problem. He has recgonized the problem and entered a re-hab program. If, and its a big if, he is successful, he is likely to be a completely different person entering the next training camp.

Agreed. I'd take him. Doubt we add a QB with more upside.