A backup to Losman?

JP-era

He only signed a one year deal with the Jets and screwed himself with his off the field problems. But, he did play pretty decent for the Cowboys, and could be had for probably the league minimum.

Would you take a guy who could start for us if he had to, with a checkered past, if you could get him for the league minimum?

I might take that chance!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He only signed a one year deal with the Jets and screwed himself with his off the field problems. But, he did play pretty decent for the Cowboys, and could be had for probably the league minimum.

Would you take a guy who could start for us if he had to, with a checkered past, if you could get him for the league minimum?

229718[/snapback]

Then you'd love Jeff George... :P:blink:

We already have a veteran backup QB - Shane Matthews.

If Drew wants to stay on the team, let him switch places with JP.

Maybe after months of running the spy team offense in practice, Drew will learn the ropes of how to be a successful NFL QB.

I know your just being cute. But, Jeff George and Quincy are NOT the same! Quincy has actually played well in the past, George NEVER has!

229727[/snapback]

Actually, George has had a much better career than Carter. George has never been associated with illegal drugs in any manner, had a great year with the Vikings a few years ago-better than Carter ever has. George has a reputation as a jerk, but he's done a heck of a lot more than Carter. Here's the facts George 1st then Carter on the links

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1049

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235201

229718[/snapback]

Anyone but Drew... I'd settle for QC if he came cheap.

Anyone but Drew... I'd settle for QC if he came cheap.

229751[/snapback]

Yeah, thats the thing. We need a guy who could win as a starter, Mathews aint it! Drew... sure. Brad Johnson... sure, Warner... sure. The reason Im semi-fond of getting Carter out of that pack is that he is the most mobile/scrambling and he would probably be the cheapest. Those 2 things make me like the move. Its the off the field crap that makes him so cheap, even though I hate the off the field crap, in this case its saving us money and he isnt a starter or a guy who has to be a leader. And hes the youngest of the bunch.

You know alot about football.  [/sarcasm]

229744[/snapback]

If slamming makes you feel good about yourself, hey slam on!

Why am i picturing you as a pencil necked geek with no friends who was constantly picked on at school, lunch money constantly stolen, no girl-friends, whos got hand prints on the screen from all the computer high-fives?

This is the last response Im making to any of your posts, if you can manage to stick to football talk without the slams you will get more friends trust me. Until then, theres lots to talk about with people who want to talk Bills!

So basically thats a big fat....... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Actually, George has had a much better career than Carter.  George has never been associated with illegal drugs in any manner, had a great year with the Vikings a few years ago-better than Carter ever has.  George has a reputation as a jerk, but he's done a heck of a lot more than Carter.  Here's the facts George 1st then Carter on the links

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1049

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235201

229732[/snapback]

OK fine, but why would you even think about a guy who is a has-never-been wash up when Carter is young mobile, has won some games, and would come up here CHEAP!

229718[/snapback]

News out of NYC today via WFAN that Quincy Carter has re-entered drug rehab this weekend. Heard it on the radio this morning, but can't find a link. I'd pass on this guy.

229718[/snapback]

No way. Bledsoe starts. JP backs him up. Then JP starts and Bledsoe backs him up.

Bledsoe is your man next year, dude. May as well get used to it.

Gheez, I wish that TD shared your certainty in Drew!  0:)

229801[/snapback]

he does you idiot

Drew starts until he proves he shouldnt next year

the way he ended the season with a win streak (besides the pitts game) has locked him in place for the start