A backup to Losman?

JP-era

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No way. Bledsoe starts. JP backs him up. Then JP starts and Bledsoe backs him up.

Bledsoe is your man next year, dude. May as well get used to it.

229793[/snapback]

EXACTLY!

Bledsoe will be the perfect personality to take the step down.

This time he will do it without having to lose a spleen!

I can't belive the knuckleheads here wnat the Bills to get in another DF/RJ scenario! :w00t:

I respect your opinion, but I disagree! Drew has shown us everything we need to see at this point.

229817[/snapback]

I think this is actually the correct way to consider this issue. In 2001 Bledsoe showed us a lot of what we need to know (I'd never say I have seen everything in any pro sport) at this point to answer the question of whether he would be a good back-up QB for JP:

1. From what Brady says and all I have heard, Bledsoe did an excellent job helping this second year QB understand a pro offense and be all that he could be (which turned out to be more than Bledsoe could be)

2. Bledsoe answered the call when Brady went down in a must-win game and despite the complaints of some TSW posters who seem to expect more from a back-up than the important "just win baby" Bledsoe played QB for the majority of this winning performance by the Pats and threw the game-winning TD.

3. Though many athletes tend to react negatively and publicly to losing their job to a better player, Bledsoe reacted as a teamer right down the line and never becaome a cancer.

This is a different situation than the Brady deal because the situation was forced upon Bledsoe by the Jets Lewis rather than it being the GMs plan. However, kudos to TD for forcing Bledsoe to choose right now whether he can stomach being a back-up and demonstrate this financially or he can't and he should leave.

I hope Bledsoe remains the team player he always has because the accelerated cap hit from Bledsoe leaving will hamstring this team in a big way when it is combined with the necessary cap hit of hiring another QB as a credible back-up.

However, in the real worl, Bledsoe has shown me what I need to know to be very comfortable with him getting back-up money and forcing JP to prove he is ready to start on the field where this should be decided rather than simply handing him the job based on his college numbers.