Browns part ways with Kyle Shanahan

YoloinOhio

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, everyone on this board and most everyone in the national media thinks he did well. So there's that.

Well if we believed the National Media Marrone would have been a hotter commodity and the next Parcells. Edited by Beef Jerky

@JasonLaCanfora: As reported earlier this week, look for Charlie Weis to be among the possibilities to replace Shanahan in CLE

Poor Pettine. He will experience the same thing that made him the HC, no one else would dare come there so they are stuck with something named Charlie Weiss.

Hoyer is a UFA right? Thus easier to get for the Bills then trading freaking Dareus in some fantasy land trade.

Potentially Mike becomes HC; Kyle OC; Hoyer signs with Bills?

Could be an option I'm not sure I'd be upset with.

I think Hoyer stinks for the most part. Not stinks but extremely average. But I also think that both Shannys could get a decent offense out of the Bills with him. Not a great one but a good enough one.

I think Hoyer stinks for the most part. Not stinks but extremely average. But I also think that both Shannys could get a decent offense out of the Bills with him. Not a great one but a good enough one.

But especially in the aforementioned scenario, is much better than the backup currently on our roster.

I think a pretty decent argument could be made for the Browns having the least offensive talent in the league. Thomas, Mack and Bitonio are nice pieces, but Gordon & Cameron missed a lot of time and though Crowell and Hawkins are decent bit players there's not much else to speak of there.

as did Mack... In fact once he went down they never replaced him effectively and it hurt the running game significantly which made that offense go early in the year. Edited by YoloinOhio

I posted this in another thread:

The Houston Texans were #4 & #1 in passing in 2008-09 with Kyle as OC. Hard to believe that Schaub was the QB of that offense. When Kyle went to Washington in 2010 they were #8 with an aging Mcnabb. Then #14 in 2011 withGrossman. Seems like he knows how to work with lesser than QBs successfully.

Seems to me Kyle did well until this last year with crappy QBs

I wouldn't be opposed to Hoyer, so long as he knows it's no guaranteed starting job. I think he'd be a good guy to have in the QB room, he's guy who gets being a pro, just doesn't have the physical tools to pull off being a 16 game starter.

EJ, Hoyer and a developmental prospect from rounds 3-5 would certainly be better than what we had in house 2 years ago.

Hoyer is a UFA right? Thus easier to get for the Bills then trading freaking Dareus in some fantasy land trade.

Potentially Mike becomes HC; Kyle OC; Hoyer signs with Bills?

Could be an option I'm not sure I'd be upset with.

It might actually be the best (feasible) plan. Bc Kyles offense would be good for EJ too IMO.

I wouldn't be opposed to Hoyer, so long as he knows it's no guaranteed starting job. I think he'd be a good guy to have in the QB room, he's guy who gets being a pro, just doesn't have the physical tools to pull off being a 16 game starter.

EJ, Hoyer and a developmental prospect from rounds 3-5 would certainly be better than what we had in house 2 years ago.

Hoyers talent is on par or maybe worse that Orton IMO ... But he has a ton more heart and is more mobile as well. I wouldn't mind signing him to compete in camp. Would like to see what he could go with these WRs. Edited by YoloinOhio

And yeah, to allay any confusion, that's who I was referring to, assuming Shanny can do with EJ what he's done with other middling QB's.

Yeah, i think Hoyer could add some positive locker room presence, and offer competition to the QB position. I view his performance as similar to Kyle Ortons but maybe with a little more character where hes not gonna pull the plug five minutes after the last game every season.

Plus, it would be hysterical to leave Pettine in Cleveland with only JFF on his roster as QB.

Edited by mastershake

Yeah, i think Hoyer could add some positive locker room presence, and offer competition to the QB position. I view his performance as similar to Kyle Ortons but maybe with a little more character where hes not gonna pull the plug five minutes after the last game every season.

Plus, it would be hysterical to leave Pettine in Cleveland with only JFF on his roster as QB.

yep. I'm not in love with hoyer's ceiling but he has a mega chip on his shoulder to prove he can play in the league. Orton never seemed to care.

He would be a band aid but they would need another FA too I think.

Hoyers talent is on par or maybe worse that Orton IMO ... But he has a ton more heart and is more mobile as well. I wouldn't mind signing him to compete in camp. Would like to see what he could go with these WRs.

Totally agreed on the talent : heart ratio.

At this point, with whats available, id just like to see them bring in highly competitive character guys, no world beaters available. So we just need some team player types, that could push each other to be the best they can.

Without looking up stats, if i recall, Hoyer dosent have great stats, but does have a pretty decent win loss percentage.