Package Deal? (Mike & Kyle Shanahan)

I'll be beside myself if we hire Kyle.

considering he helped RG III to rookie of the year and he has sucked ever since and he actually had Cleveland's offense putting up points with smoke and mirrors for much of the season, I think we could do worse...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hire Kyle as an OC for sure. I think he could work with our offensive personnel very well. I think he would not be here long though. He wants to be a HC soon and is already being considered. I am not sure about him as a HC as it stands today.

Agreed. Without knowing the exact plan the Bills have in mind and having to rely on speculation and rumors, I don't believe he is going to be the HC.

Maybe reality of the Shanahan's coming to Buffalo......just a speculation though, but may be taking shape?

Linky

Yep - I posted this in one of the Kyle threads. He will be gone from Cleveland next year, it is just a matter of where he goes. When you have high-ranking personnel guys (guessing it could have even been the owner) texting play calls down to the sideline, and insisting you play a QB who is not ready while still in the playoff race (and having to deal with a QB who admittedly doesn't work hard and prepare which is incredibly difficult), time to GTFO. Pettine probably wishes he had Marrone's agent (i.e. an opt-out).

Edited by YoloinOhio

Kyle hasn't been all that successful as a college player or coordinator. He is only where he is due to his dad. FYI, he has the initials of Chris Simms tattooed on his lower leg (can anyone say: WEIRD). About as weird as Chris Christie doing a three way with Jerry Jones and his son after the Cowboys win last weekend.

Kyle hasn't been all that successful as a college player or coordinator. He is only where he is due to his dad. FYI, he has the initials of Chris Simms tattooed on his lower leg (can anyone say: WEIRD). About as weird as Chris Christie doing a three way with Jerry Jones and his son after the Cowboys win last weekend.

Agreed. He is the better version of Nate Hackett.

oh. That is very weird.

Interviewing many candidates is a great idea. It essentially allows you to steal "best practices" used by the most successful organizations in the league. As new owners, there is a lot the Pegulas can learn from the process.

outstanding point..

i'd wager that Terry is a fast study, and that he won't hear any references to coaching philosophies, concepts, and structures that he can't relate to his own experiences.. Marrone has inadvertently given Pegula an opportunity to affirm and/or dismiss any assumptions he may have regarding how championship teams are built in the NFL

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/1/8/7510849/mike-shanahan-49ers-head-coach-candidate-odds-gambling

Is there anything to this? I also hear Rex's odds of going to Falcons are moving that way.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/1/7/7512195/dan-quinn-looking-at-kyle-shanahan-as-offensive-coordinator-according

Could the Jets actually go for Dan Quinn with Kyle S as OC?