NFC Wild Card game 2: Lions at Cowboys

YoloinOhio

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope the Cowboys get sodomized by Seattle.

they're going to green bay

What does that matter ?

The NFL has already decided that they want a Cowboys / Seahawks Championship game.

Certainly, little things like the actual plays in a game shouldn't interfer with that ? ?

Edited by B-Man

Hope the refs can sleep tonight. Disgusting.

Just before that GIF begins there was a really obvious hold of the jersey by the Cowboys player on the Lions receiver which I would have thought was much more obvious than the PI. I thought it was PI but marginal. For sure it was defensive holding. In any case, once you call it how in the hell do you overturn it without any explanation?. If Detroit get that first down they keep marching and maybe add to their lead. Instead I just witnessed something I have never seen in 35 years of watching the NFL playoffs, a flag justifiably thrown, picked up for no good reason and then no explanation!!! What an utter embarrassment!!

Just before that GIF begins there was a really obvious hold of the jersey by the Cowboys player on the Lions receiver which I would have thought was much more obvious than the PI. I thought it was PI but marginal. For sure it was defensive holding. In any case, once you call it how in the hell do you overturn it without any explanation?. If Detroit get that first down they keep marching and maybe add to their lead. Instead I just witnessed something I have never seen in 35 years of watching the NFL playoffs, a flag justifiably thrown, picked up for no good reason and then no explanation!!! What an utter embarrassment!!

Watched it on nfl.com and they show the reaction on cowboys sideline before it was picked up. They're livid about something as if they think it's obviously not PI .... and it's beyond the normal objections. Idk weird call. But overall in the game I didn't see a cowboys bias. For example the Murray TD called back on a questionable hold on witten, the spot over turn late in first half that gave lions a first, as examples of rulings that favored lions. Wrt PI in general I thought they were letting both teams get away with more than usual throughout the game Edited by JTSP

Watched it on nfl.com and they show the reaction on cowboys sideline before it was picked up. They're livid about something as if they think it's obviously not PI .... and it's beyond the normal objections. Idk weird call. But overall in the game I didn't see a cowboys bias. For example the Murray TD called back on a questionable hold on witten, the spot over turn late in first half that gave lions a first, as examples of rulings that favored lions. Wrt PI in general I thought they were letting both teams get away with more than usual throughout the game

I didn't see any obvious Cowboys bias earlier in the game either but that's what makes picking up the flag all the more bizarre. It was good call and should have stood. Then the Cowboys get two first downs on 2 Detroit defensive penalties that were arguably the same as the one Detroit had picked up. Did they mysteriously pick up the flags on the 2 Cowboys calls? Of course not.

Have been saying for YEARS now that Holding calls and Pass Interference calls are VERY subjective, are enforced VERY inconsistently, and are MANY times called in favor of a NFL "favored" team....and are ruining the game. As the latter has continued for MANY years now, with no correction to it, one wonders what is the "real" reason why.

Like many others here, I feel that the ineptitude cheapens the game, and gives it a WWF flavor. It also has caused me to take less interest in the NFL, for sure.

Would love to be a fly on the wall in the Detroit Lions' football offices tonight. LOL

@SBNationNFL: Referees explain why the pass interference flag against the Cowboys was picked up: http://t.co/xJmuLts6ZA

I love how the picture the BS article uses shows clearly that the Lions receiver was being tackled well before the ball got there. I don't think I've seen a worse call in a loooonnnngg time (and I watch most of the Patriots*' games!)

Stupid Lions, its like watching the Bills :doh:

He's a cowboys fan

Ahhh, nothing like a frontrunner.....

From Yahoo Sports:

"Mike Pereira, the well-respected former vice president of officiating in the NFL, was in the booth for Fox’s broadcast and said he thought it was pass interference and wrong of the officials to reverse the call."

Mike Pereira @MikePereira Follow

I am out of here. Biggest call was the DPI pickup. It was DPI and it was defensive holding as well. Not good.

From Yahoo Sports:

"Mike Pereira, the well-respected former vice president of officiating in the NFL, was in the booth for Fox’s broadcast and said he thought it was pass interference and wrong of the officials to reverse the call."

Mike Pereira @MikePereira Follow

I am out of here. Biggest call was the DPI pickup. It was DPI and it was defensive holding as well. Not good.

7:58 PM - 4 Jan 2015

And when Pereira doesn't eve have your back, you done !@#$ed up boy...

Was watching Mike & Mike this morning and they had on a former NFL official and he said it was not PI, and even Chris Carter was saying no PI....kept hearing a bunch of inane excuses for the no PI. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Defensive PI is called EVERY week during the regular season for FAR LESS contact than was made on that play. Surely, as Bills fans we know this all too well. Lol

Was watching Mike & Mike this morning and they had on a former NFL official and he said it was not PI, and even Chris Carter was saying no PI....kept hearing a bunch of inane excuses for the no PI. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Defensive PI is called EVERY week during the regular season for FAR LESS contact than was made on that play. Surely, as Bills fans we know this all too well. Lol

And the defensive back throws up his hands after the receiver goes down, in the international sign of "Yeah, I touched the guy, but you didn't see it!"

Even the DEFENSIVE BACK knew it was pass interference.