[Please Change Title]mike williams part 2

uticaclub

JH, Caveman Mike cleared waivers and is currently sitting at home as a FA.

Kellyto83TD, this is comical. Williams had 3 very good years for Tampa, almost identical stats: 65, 65, and 63 receptions for 964, 771, and 996 yds.

His production fell off in 2013 when he only played 6 games. That was also the year Josh Freeman fell apart and got benched for Mike Glennon, which may have had most to do with it.

Now there might be something there which would keep us from wanting him back. Maybe he was a bit like Ochocinco, undisciplined route runner whom Carson Palmer accommodated but who flamed out under Brady who expected crisp, precise routes run as he expected. Maybe Williams was someone Freeman (in his good days) accommodated but Glennon would not; maybe Manuel liked him but Orton demanded routes run as expected. (This is speculation on my part)

But blurting out stuff that can be unambiguously shown false with a couple mouse clicks doesn't confer any credibility.

Um, IR late in the season? Not many teams have a use for an injured WR who needs to learn their offense on the fly? Bills didn't reach a settlement with him until 8 December and IIRC, injury settlement doesn't mean you're healthy, just means you think you might be able to play for someone before season's end.

It was reported he he is now healthy and free to sign with any team a couple weeks ago, and the Bills then released him. That said, I don't know his much sense it makes to add a WR for the playoffs who has zero chemistry/reps with the QB unless they have a ton of injuries and need depth or for ST. He will probably get a look in the offseason.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would fair to say Marrone went out of his way to make Whaley's decisions look bad.This is just another reason why it was a blessing this guy is gone, Williams was a big play making WR and all of a sudden is replaced on the field by street players.Hogan was cut how many times before landing with the Bills?Just look how many touches per game Sammy was getting, seems like he wanted him to look average/good and not great so Whaley could take heat for trading-up.Marrone was all about him and the team was second, not starting EJ on the last game of year was about him and building his resume with cheap wins.

He was not.

What did he do? Please enlighten me

Called out his coaching staff to the reporters. It's a big no-no in just about every sport.

Jerry Hughes did too. And after Marrone left. How many other guys said what they felt. And I didn't see it as calling or the coach.

Called out his coaching staff to the reporters. It's a big no-no in just about every sport.

In the interview where he said "we" didn't adjust after the Houston game? Outside of it being correct, he also included everyone in that statement. Do you really think Marrone is so vindictive, thin skinned and protective of his concierge Hackett that he'd submarine a guy's career and decline to put his best squad on the field?

LOL just kidding. Of course he would.

What did he do? Please enlighten me

Jerry Hughes did too. And after Marrone left. How many other guys said what they felt. And I didn't see it as calling or the coach.

Hughes is also ten times the player.

In the interview where he said "we" didn't adjust after the Houston game? Outside of it being correct, he also included everyone in that statement. Do you really think Marrone is so vindictive, thin skinned and protective of his concierge Hackett that he'd submarine a guy's career and decline to put his best squad on the field?

LOL just kidding. Of course he would.

Close enough.

none of this makes any sense....marrone coached williams in college. this is all so odd, being a syracuse fan, we never heard one word of him being a head case, just the opposite....now all of a sudden marrone is cancerous....i really can't wait to see how this all shakes out, it is a real head scratcher.....

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.

The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.