Cam Newton and EJ Manuel

1billsfan

I agree - I just don't think it was a particularly fair way to make the point

I respect your point of view. But that was a stark example of the difference between the two. No HC pulled EJ in his first year. He couldn't stay upright, couldn't survive is rookie year. It's a significant question that did not get answered this season.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a point to be made. EJ is a big solid kid--he needs to be able to take hits week after week. We don't need a QB playing not to get hurt.

The last remaining question (excuse?) regarding EJ Manuel's progressively worse play was Marrone and Hackett's horrible horrible stinkbomb of an offense. So at least with a very good OC coming in (hoping that's the plan) who knows what he's doing, we can get that final question (excuse?) answered once and for all this year. If Manuel doesn't take this blessing of occurrences and make the best of it with greatly improved play then it's truly over for him here.

Watching this game, it's clear Newton is the problem. I mean, hitting KB in the numbers 20 yards down the field only to watch him drop it? Classic Cam.

Yeah Cam's playing great! What did you call this game? A blow out? Why don't you watch more Sportscenter and play some more Madden.

The last remaining question (excuse?) regarding EJ Manuel's progressively worse play was Marrone and Hackett's horrible horrible stinkbomb of an offense. So at least with a very good OC coming in (hoping that's the plan) who knows what he's doing, we can get that final question (excuse?) answered once and for all this year. If Manuel doesn't take this blessing of occurrences and make the best of it with greatly improved play then it's truly over for him here.

That same stinkbomb offense went 7-5 with a journeyman QB fresh off his couch.

Yeah Cam's playing great! What did you call this game? A blow out? Why don't you watch more Sportscenter and play some more Madden.

Wow, getting aggressive. Arizona is done. They are getting dominated.

Edit: I retract all my statements.

Edited by FireChan

I respect your point of view. But that was a stark example of the difference between the two. No HC pulled EJ in his first year. He couldn't stay upright, couldn't survive is rookie year. It's a significant question that did not get answered this season.

And comparing totally unrelated injuries in different circumstances as apples to apples is always a bit sketchy. EJ getting a scope in preseason and being ready for week 1 isn't terrible noteworthy. Then for all we know cam takes that hit to the knee he's out or if it was the playoffs maybe Ej would be in faster. I think your relying on the shock of broken back in car accident in a way that isn't entirely fair to raise an otherwise valid question about ej

Wow, getting aggressive. Arizona is done. They are getting dominated.

Edit: I retract all my statements.

Haha I won't hold it against you.

Just do me a favor...if the Bills somehow make it to the playoffs in our lifetime, please don't tell anyone that they're dominating with a 10-7 lead.

That same stinkbomb offense went 7-5 with a journeyman QB fresh off his couch.

Orton's 2014 last eight starts - Bad, Bad, Great, Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad

BTW, EJ was 2-2 and Orton was given a retirement win by the New England in his final game. Orton's real 2014 win-loss record should have been 6-6.

I know I'm in the minority, but IMO Manuel would not have had that 1-6 stretch of good to bad games that Orton did. Regardless of debating between the two QBs, the common denominator was Marrone and Hackett couldn't make it work with a young QB or a well seasoned veteran QB.

Edited by 1billsfan

And comparing totally unrelated injuries in different circumstances as apples to apples is always a bit sketchy. EJ getting a scope in preseason and being ready for week 1 isn't terrible noteworthy. Then for all we know cam takes that hit to the knee he's out or if it was the playoffs maybe Ej would be in faster. I think your relying on the shock of broken back in car accident in a way that isn't entirely fair to raise an otherwise valid question about ej

Fair enough. We will have to wait until September to begin to know.

Cam Newton is simply not that good. He gets fan fare because he ends up throwing for a billion yards but he is inaccurate, makes poor decisions, cannot get the ball in tight spots, panics and sees ghosts in the backfield and often times makes a bad situation worse. When he is able to pull a rabbit out of his butt and scramble for yards to pick up a first he has often done so neglecting to see that he had at least one option open down field for a larger gain. From Steve Smith being open 15+ yards down field and Newton unable or unwilling to throw it to him to Benjamin only being able to jump so far to try to grab his errant throws; Cam Newton is just barely a top 15 QB in this league at at the bottom end of actual QB ability in the true starter category.

The myth that is Newton is simply that he has thrown for so many yards that you forget what he hasn't done and you forget that he makes far more mistakes then a starting QB should. Wanting anything to do with his style of play to be reflected in our starter is horribly scary.

His fanboys will say that his OL was awful, he had no run support, and he didn't have many weapons down field. That can all be true if you just generalize, but the truth is he played QB horribly this year and fell off his emergence that Dorsey helped him achieve from 2013.

If we want someone to mold Manuels game after it would be Wilson or Tannehill.

On the money boss.....