Do you want the Bills to hire a coach fast?

I think they should take their time and get the right guy, I think back when Ralph hired Gregg Williams we were coming off a season where we had the #2 defense in the league, Gregg had the #1 defense with the Titans and proceeded to dismantle our defense to retool it to fit his system which began the 15 year playoff drought. IMHO it's vitally important we hire a coach that is comfortable tweaking the current roster, if they hire a coach that's married to a system, his system better damn well be compatible with our roster. The Bills are as close as they have been in a long time, whoever they hire had better not have the word retool in his vocabulary.....

Are we getting trolled here ptr?

knew this topic would show up here this PM. Dope and Bulldog were talking about this stupid topic today. Babbling about scouring the country for the right guy, not just one of the hot candidates. Hmm, then if the Bills are last team to get their coach, they'll be b*tching that they waited so long.

IMHO, they don't need to be first to hire their coach, but should not be last, either. Being late to the game usually means slim-pickings for assistants as the other new Head Coaches have already snapped up the available ones. In the Bills case, they can (and hopefully will) keep their defensive staff in place, so the new HC will "only" need to find offensive assistants.

When we hired Marrone I think we were the first NFL vacancy filled in 2013. That was the opposite of when we hired Chan Gailey in 2010, when everyone was spoke to said "no thanks" and all that was left was Chan.

But even in 2013, some disliked the Marrone hire based on his unimpressive W/L record at Syracuse.

So it's 2015 and we're coach shopping again. How important is it for the Bills to hire early? Very? Not at all? Would you be okay with the Bills filling their vacancy last?

The fact that Whaley's in charge of this is not a good sign. He's going to hire a yes-man for himself.

Done properly they should have replaced him first, he's made far too many high-level critical errors that have damaged the intermediatre future of this franchise.

They should hire the right coach however long it takes to find him. Whaley's got far too big a personal conflict of interests in this.

I'd like them to hire a coach not too fast, but not too slow. Perhaps at a medium pace.

As fast as possible, but no faster!!!

I think they should take their time and get the right guy, I think back when Ralph hired Gregg Williams we were coming off a season where we had the #2 defense in the league, Gregg had the #1 defense with the Titans and proceeded to dismantle our defense to retool it to fit his system which began the 15 year playoff drought. IMHO it's vitally important we hire a coach that is comfortable tweaking the current roster, if they hire a coach that's married to a system, his system better damn well be compatible with our roster. The Bills are as close as they have been in a long time, whoever they hire had better not have the word retool in his vocabulary.....

This is really good stuff!!!

If Schwartz is not the right fit, make him the highest paid DC in the league

If Schwartz is bypassed, he will leave and sign on someplace else where he thinks he might get to be HC. He will ask for his release from his contract, and the bills will oblidge him, ask you can't ask him to stay around after not giving him the job...especially if its a HC 10 yrs younger.

I'd rather they hire a fast coach.

GO BILLS!!!

If Schwartz is bypassed, he will leave and sign on someplace else where he thinks he might get to be HC. He will ask for his release from his contract, and the bills will oblidge him, ask you can't ask him to stay around after not giving him the job...especially if its a HC 10 yrs younger.

How do you know this?

GO BILLS!!!