GMen/Pepper Johnson

"NFL.com Bills beat writer Chris Trapasso recently told me that Johnson has done a "great job" with the Buffalo defensive line."

Did this guy need to be told this by somebody? I think it's pretty obvious.

I hope we get one more year out of him, at least.

He's smart as evidenced by his decision to come to Buffalo. I agree with the above posters that he saw a great line and must have thought if I can be a part of this I can leverage myself for future positions. In saying that I also think he may decide his best opportunity may be to stay and wait to see what happens here.

Pepper played this perfectly. He was getting nowhere in New England. So he comes here to coach basically the most talented group in the NFL. We set all kind of records and he uses it to snag a prominent DC job.

Good for him.

Pepper the business man.

Maybe we can trade him for Fewell. I have a few good memories from his first stint in Buffalo, particularly Dick Jauron getting canned.

Edited by ldandria

I totally agree with whomever here said the other day that Donnie Henderson is really the better DC candidate on the Bills. I would hate to lose him. Pepper obviously did well. But if Schwartz were to leave, I would want Henderson over Pepper to be our DC if we couldnt get a name guy like we did this year in Schwartz.