• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting

Scott Chandler: 70.5 percent

Lee Smith: 31.5 percent

I wouldn't have guessed Lee was in on so many plays

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/17219/bills-offseason-preview-tight-ends

That's a big reason that I am glad to see the offensive coaches gone. Lee Smith is one of the worst players in football. Not only was he active every week but he was on the field for 1/3 of the snaps. I don't want to hear people say that he is a good blocker either. What were their YPC this year? He stinks and will be gone. Maybe Doug and Nate can find a place for that stiff in Jacksonville.

Why would cost be a factor in the new Pegula bills?

Given that Roman relies heavily on TE's ....dont be suprised if we spend some there

roman relies on his TE's? Is that why an extremely talented Vernon Davis was under utilized and wasted in San Fran for the most part (sans 13 TDs in 2013, but still only caught 50 balls, red zone target)?

One of the big knocks on roman this past year in San Fran was why he was not using his talented tight end more....

a TE is now even more than ever a luxury with this offense....that said, I do think we will improve the position, but whoever we bring in wont light the world on fire in this offense

Edited by PaattMaann

What might be interesting is Roman really puts a emphasis on his TE's......so either guys we currently have will be used more or we will get better guys.

I gotta say it was pretty infuriating watching Grey get ALL that playing time and every time he caught a ball something good happened.....but like Watkins they didnt seem to look for him enough.

What might be interesting is Roman really puts a emphasis on his TE's......so either guys we currently have will be used more or we will get better guys.

I gotta say it was pretty infuriating watching Grey get ALL that playing time and every time he caught a ball something good happened.....but like Watkins they didnt seem to look for him enough.

Roman said something like "you're going to really see us need up the TE position" in his press conference. My guess is that they certainly get a #1 TE & maybe a number 2 or keep Chandler there.

I think ebron in the right situation will be a star. Lions was a tough rotation to break into with the dept at wr (mega, Tate) and te (fauria, pettigrew). That said ebron still lead their TEs in yards and catches. And though the #'s werent overall great, they are comparable to tony gonzalez rookie year.

With mega getting older and perhaps moving on from the lions, does anyone think lions would trade ebron and their 2015 1st and 4th for Watkins? We get the TE we need (instant upgrade to chandler), and our 2015 picks back

Edited by JTSP

roman relies on his TE's? Is that why an extremely talented Vernon Davis was under utilized and wasted in San Fran for the most part (sans 13 TDs in 2013, but still only caught 50 balls, red zone target)?

One of the big knocks on roman this past year in San Fran was why he was not using his talented tight end more....

a TE is now even more than ever a luxury with this offense....that said, I do think we will improve the position, but whoever we bring in wont light the world on fire in this offense

He was dealing with a back injury all season, which has to have something to do with his 600-yard drop off. Maybe he was the main factor in kaep's regression

I think ebron in the right situation will be a star. Lions was a tough rotation to break into with the dept at wr (mega, Tate) and te (fauria, pettigrew). That said ebron still lead their TEs in yards and catches. And though the #'s werent overall great, they are comparable to tony gonzalez rookie year.

With mega getting older and perhaps moving on from the lions, does anyone think lions would trade ebron and their 2015 1st and 4th for Watkins? We get the TE we need (instant upgrade to chandler), and our 2015 picks back

Your just trolling......that is all there is too it

The problem is your so bad at it

Ha ha, terrible, terrible idea. Trade a guy that EVERYONE except for 1 person on this message board thinks is a franchise player for a mediocre TE and a draft pick in the 20's in a bad draft.

Your just trolling......that is all there is too it

The problem is your so bad at it

ha ha, yep

Ha ha, terrible, terrible idea. Trade a guy that EVERYONE except for 1 person on this message board thinks is a franchise player for a mediocre TE and a draft pick in the 20's in a bad draft.

Stick to the actual trade proposition: ebron + 1st and 4th

Do lions make this trade with us?

Stick to the actual trade proposition: ebron + 1st and 4th

Do lions make this trade with us?

They first ask if you are serious, put you on mute while they laugh and high five and ask where they sign.

Watkins in all likelihood will grade out higher than every player in this draft, he was the highest graded player by many teams in last year's draft (Bills included), and certainly graded higher than evey player from the 20113 draft. He was the highest graded player to multiple team in the last 3 drafts. The Lions would be thrilled to get him in exchange for a pick in the 20's and a decent TE. Get serious.

Rookie years (keep in mind Watkins played with EJ & Orton):

Sammy Watkins: 65 rec, 982 yards, 6 TD

Dez Bryant: 45 rec, 561 yards, 6 TD

Calvin Johnson: 48 rec, 756 yards, 4 TD

AJ Green: 65 rec, 1057 yards, 7 TD

Antonio Brown: 16 rec, 167 yards, 0 TD

Julio Jones: 54 rec, 959 yards, 8 TD

Jordy Nelson: 33 rec, 336 yards, 2 TD

Demaryius Thomas: 22 rec, 283 yards, 2 TD

Edited by Kirby Jackson

They first ask if you are serious, put you on mute while they laugh and high five and ask where they sign.

Watkins in all likelihood will grade out higher than every player in this draft, he was the highest graded player by many teams in last year's draft (Bills included), and certainly graded higher than evey player from the 20113 draft. He was the highest graded player to multiple team in the last 3 drafts. The Lions would be thrilled to get him in exchange for a pick in the 20's and a decent TE. Get serious.

Rookie years (keep in mind Watkins played with EJ & Orton):

Sammy Watkins: 65 rec, 982 yards, 6 TD

Dez Bryant: 45 rec, 561 yards, 6 TD

Calvin Johnson: 48 rec, 756 yards, 4 TD

AJ Green: 65 rec, 1057 yards, 7 TD

Antonio Brown: 16 rec, 167 yards, 0 TD

Julio Jones: 54 rec, 959 yards, 8 TD

Jordy Nelson: 33 rec, 336 yards, 2 TD

Demaryius Thomas: 22 rec, 283 yards, 2 TD

If you're going by draft grade bills may do it since they werent that different (especially since we're constantly told the bills would have taken ebron at 9), and their new offense will feature more TE. Also the first year stats you posted would suggest not to use ebrons rookie performance as indicative of what he'll turn into, which again could argue for the trade (at least from bills perspective).

Edited by JTSP

If you're going by draft grade bills may do it since they werent that different, especially we're constantly told the bills would have taken ebron at 9. Also the first year stats you posted would suggest not to use ebrons rookie performance as indicative of what he'll turn into, which again could argue for the trade (at least from bills perspective).

I liked Ebron and still do. He was going to be the pick if they couldn't get up for Watkins. Ebron to me has a decent future (think Zach Ertz). I use Ertz because he is a solid young TE. There are no indications that Ebron (or any young TE drafted early since Gronk) are franchise changing players (Gresham, Rudolph, Fleener, Ertz, etc...). You never trade a dollar for 4 quarters. If Ebron is like Ertz and a pick in the 20's you are getting 2 solid players. You don't trade 1 franchise talent for 2 solid players. No team in their right mind would ever would do that.

I used the 1st year stats because you are always quick to trade Watkins for "x". The reality is he is a better player at this point than almost all of those guys. He is almost certainly going to be a star.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

child, please

Because they had a second WR in Crabtree this year. He stole a ton of targets from Davis.

They were never going to target Vernon on every play when they had a combination of Crab, Stevie, Manningham and Randy Moss on the field over the past few years - while also feeding Boldin, and occasionally utilizing the 2nd TE/RB/FB in the passing game. Only so many balls to go around...

Because they had a second WR in Crabtree this year. He stole a ton of targets from Davis.

They were never going to target Vernon on every play when they had a combination of Crab, Stevie, Manningham and Randy Moss on the field over the past few years - while also feeding Boldin, and occasionally utilizing the 2nd TE/RB/FB in the passing game. Only so many balls to go around...

was never sold on Davis being in the elite class anyway. his 40 time, vertical, and long jump at the combine were startling for a TE, but it also showed hes sort of a tweener @ 250. Doesnt have the red zone or short yardage presence of some other top TEs like Gronk, Witten, graham, etc. never had a 1,000 yard season like those guys either

Edited by JTSP