Hackett leaving Henderson out to dry

Bocephuz

Glaring inexcusable error. At very least give him TE help.. At most put in Hairston. Clearly he hit the rookie wall .. And whether it was Mack or Tuck or whoever he was abused all day.. And Hackett did absolutely nothing to adjust. That more than anything cost us the game. I'm no Orton acolyte but he was under pressure all day today.. Hard to fault him too much

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I thought the same thing. They did not adjust, even when it was brazenly obvious that Henderson was getting toasted again and again. Not even backs or tight ends chipping. Hackett is just bush-league - the entire organization and fanbase are paying for Hackett to learn (slowly) on the job.

Glaring inexcusable error. At very least give him TE help.. At most put in Hairston. Clearly he hit the rookie wall .. And whether it was Mack or Tuck or whoever he was abused all day.. And Hackett did absolutely nothing to adjust. That more than anything cost us the game. I'm no Orton acolyte but he was under pressure all day today.. Hard to fault him too much

He wasn't under any more pressure than usual, Orton just needs to be in no huddle all the time.

He wasn't under any more pressure than usual, Orton just needs to be in no huddle all the time.

I'll reserve final judgement until I can watch the All 22 film to confirm.. But to my eye Henderson was beaten at least 10 times today. In past games he was only beaten 2 or 3 times.

We should change the title of this thread to leaving Henderson out to dry is Hackett. I read "Hackett is leaving" and I got excited becaus I thought i could refer to Nate Hackett as our former offensive coordinator. Then I read the rest of the title and was disappointed. Again.

I was most amazed at how one of the announcers kept applying suction to Hackett's private member by stating what a "great job" he was doing with the Bill's offense.

yeah.. Chris Simms did a pretty good job except for his praise of Hackett desling with the yoing guys

The entire O-line looked over matched today. That line may be big, but they are weak. Hacket sucks, but the O-line is garbage. The only way that anyone could get them to possibly play better is with the use of cattle prods. With enough voltage, I am sure that these guys would produce, but they are p*****s.

Guys c'mon. Hackett just calls plays blindly, and doesn't take anything into account that could disrupt the plays. The opponents coaches are playing chess, and Hackett is playing checkers.

Oakland had the #24th ranked run defense, and the 7th ranked pass defense going into this game. So what game plan should we expect from Can't Hackett? Yep, Bills with 49 passes vs 13 rushes....exactly :bag:

Good call by the OP. I think a lot of people noticed after about the 3rd or 4th series that Mack was killing our tackles and they needed help!

Mack was certainly a dominant force today as well as Tuck chipping in here and there but it's not just the coaches that have to take accountability for putting Seantrel on meat hooks - Orton could have easily changed protection assignments so he wasn't eaten alive nearly every play. I say Orton has to take some form of ownership for this issue as well as the coaching due to the majority of the pressure coming from inside Seantrel rather than out.

I am not an expert in the nuances of protections through and through but do know that Orton and any of the following: Marrone, Hackett, Morris or Hostler could have done something to prevent this from being such a glaring problem all game.

Guys c'mon. Hackett just calls plays blindly, and doesn't take anything into account that could disrupt the plays. The opponents coaches are playing chess, and Hackett is playing checkers.

Oakland had the #24th ranked run defense, and the 7th ranked pass defense going into this game. So what game plan should we expect from Can't Hackett? Yep, Bills with 49 passes vs 13 rushes....exactly :bag:

It's really incredible sometimes. I almost hung myself after he called a play action pass on first down with 2:51 left down by two scores. Are you kidding me? The Raiders were looking for a run there? If we had run from 300 yards instead of 13 it would have been a horrendous call. And Orton set up and immediately got sacked. That's one of the worst calls I have ever seen. Unconscionable.

Mack was certainly a dominant force today as well as Tuck chipping in here and there but it's not just the coaches that have to take accountability for putting Seantrel on meat hooks - Orton could have easily changed protection assignments so he wasn't eaten alive nearly every play. I say Orton has to take some form of ownership for this issue as well as the coaching due to the majority of the pressure coming from inside Seantrel rather than out.

I am not an expert in the nuances of protections through and through but do know that Orton and any of the following: Marrone, Hackett, Morris or Hostler could have done something to prevent this from being such a glaring problem all game.

yes.. Perhaps he could have figured that out.. But hard for him to objectively realize what's happening regarding 1on1 matchups with his linemen. It's one thing if he sees a blitz or stunt and adjusts.. But if he sees one on one ( which is where most of thr damage was done) what is he supposed to do? Hackett is the one sitting up in the booth watching it all. My gut tells me Hackett focuses too much on the other team's scheme and not enough on what his own guys are doing Edited by Bocephuz