Okay, Time to sell the fans on next year

Virgil

So, this season is over and I think the question positives and negatives are pretty apparent. Now, the Pegulas have the job of selling this product to the fans next year for tickets. With that, what needs to be done? What would you have to see to keep or start buying tickets? And don't give me that, I'm a real fan and will buy tickets no matter what crap. I get it, no matter what, most will still show up. If we haven't stopped showing up by yet, why would we now?

For me, this is what I need to see

• Re-sign Hughes and Extend Dareus (You need to bring this defense back intact)
  • Fire Hackett (If Marrone won't, then he can go too)
  • Bring in a QB (Orton can't be declared the guy)
  • Focus draft/FA on offensive line)

To me, if they don't do these things, then there is no reason to believe that next year will be any different. The offense wasn't just bad, it was bad and getting worse. There is no reason to believe that things would be any different with the same cast running the show. Maybe even getting rid of Hackett would be enough. It's tough to know how much his system is holding the team back, even though I think Orton's accuracy is an issue.

End of the day, you need to show progress in the right direction. The Defense and Special Teams are fine. The offensive players besides QB and some O-Lineman are more than good enough.

What realistically do you need to see?

A complete overhaul on Offense is needed...And that means Marrone, Hackett, and Orton have to go...The O-Line needs some help as well...

If I believed Marrone was capable of turning his Offense over to a legit NFL OC like he's done with Schwartz and Pettine on Defense that I would give him a chance to return...but I know that's not going to happen...And I don't think he's good enough anyway...So what's the use? B-)

If I believed Marrone was capable of turning his Offense over to a legit NFL OC like he's done with Schwartz and Pettine on Defense that I would give him a chance to return...but I know that's not going to happen...And I don't think he's good enough anyway...So what's the use? B-)

He agreed to hire a QB coach this year. If the boss wants him to get a better OC, he'll do it.

Marrone and Hackett will throw the O-Line and Orton under the bus. The big question is whether or not Whaley and/or Pegula will give them one more chance.

The QB issue will somehow be addressed. Some name with familiarity will get signed to bump up the hype.

Draft picks will be used on the O-Line, and in addition some free agents will be signed.

The positive feelings will be restored, and we will all wait in anxious anticipation of next season.

Marrone, Hackett, Orton, and Manuel all out, and both a veteran QB of some status and a first-round rookie QB on the roster. Without that, same ol' sorry-*** Bills.

After cutting our recent first round QB in Manuel, how do you propose we go about this upcoming draft? Mortgage more of our teams future? No thanks.

They don't need to sell anything. As long as the Bills are in Buffalo they will get support.

Plus at 8-8 they actually achieved their best record in several years.

wow, getting to 8-8 is such a huge accomplishment - is the bar really that low ?

wow, getting to 8-8 is such a huge accomplishment - is the bar really that low ?

Well it's fact. It's not saying the bar is that low, but statistically their record is the best it's been in 10 years I believe. I think that's what he was saying.