What a jerk

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-e...ov=ap&type=lgns

What an ego on this guy retiring during Super Bowl week. He can't wait until next Tuesday to call it quits after the season is done.  Talk about trying to steal the spotlight.

227557[/snapback]

The timing might not have been appropriate...But please....the guy is not a Jerk...

He is a class act. He never bad mouthed any players or behaved in a way that

was detrimental to the team. The guy gave his full effort on sunday afternoons.

What an ego on this guy retiring during Super Bowl week. He can't wait until next Tuesday to call it quits after the season is done.  Talk about trying to steal the spotlight.

227557[/snapback]

I don't get it. It's pretty much impossible to "steal the spotlight" from a Super Bowl. If anything, this took the spotlight OFF of him. If he had done this any other time, there would be nothing for a week on any sportstation other than Emmit Smith. Now, it's Super Bowl, Super Bowl, Super Bowl, and oh yeah....Emmit Smith.

I agree with Cajun onn this. Total Class!! Losing PT to a younger runner who couldnt get it done and Smith knew that. Hambrick sucked then and sucks now maybe Smith saw that huh? Where is this younger runner now??? Smith is ALL Class and the only guy I rather have on the Bills back in the day would of been thurman plain and simple!

Class act?  I live in Dallas and he badmouthed the Cowgirls while still playing here.  He called playing for them like being a diamond surrounded by “trash” (edited).

A real class(less) act.  He was losing PT to a younger runner.

227577[/snapback]

Relatively. Many if not most NFL players are aholes, fueled by adoration. He's less of one than others. Remember, sports is one of the few businesses that can wipe off its feet on the face of the paying customer, pretty much assured that they always come back for more.

common man, the entire football sports reporting world is down there in j-ville, the guy is the nfl career rushing leader, there isn't much outside of the weather happening this week, whats wrong with it

227557[/snapback]

Sour grapes. Smith is one of the class acts; his accomplishments are well-known. The NFL should interrupt their nortoriously banal, cheesy, low class halftime show and honor one of the best ever...

227564[/snapback]

Agreed. As much as I hated and hate the Cowboys I always admired Smiths professionalism and charachter. The last couple seasons Ive thought that he would have made a great addition to the Bills. Not so much as a yardage producer but just as a great influence on the team. A great tutor for Magahee or TH.

What are you people worried that he willl steal Bradies thunder? Who cares if it is during Superbowl Week. It gives the stupid analysts something to talk about instead of how bad jacksonville is. This whole week is so overblown maybe this is a good distraction from the massive wasting of money taking place in Jacksonville.

While I agree Smith's football accomplishments are astounding, as a person, he is an !@#$! I met him in Hawaii for a pro-bowl and I personally witnessed him cussing at fans and children alike telling them that "I don't sign f-ing autograph's, if you want one go online and buy one." Yeah, real class act. :(

227557[/snapback]

Emmit Smith the all time leading rushers is a class act. Let him have as much spot light he wants. He is in the hall in 2010.