What a jerk

While I agree Smith's football accomplishments are astounding, as a person, he is an !@#$! I met him in Hawaii for a pro-bowl and I personally witnessed him cussing at fans and children alike telling them that "I don't sign f-ing autograph's, if you want one go online and buy one." Yeah, real class act.  :(

227980[/snapback]

Not saying this issnt true. He may indeed be a crappy person but on the field is all Ive seen and in that regard he is a true professional.

Not saying this issnt true. He may indeed be a crappy person but on the field is all Ive seen and in that regard he is a true professional.

227997[/snapback]

It takes an all around person for one to be a class act in my opinion. You can't be great on the field and a prick off the field. Just my opinion but from what I witnessed ES is and always will be a two faced jerk.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Emmit. How is Emmit classy? I remember him turning around and waving good bye to a linebacker as he scored a TD. Thats a punk move. What has Emmit done that is classy? Derek Brooks is classy. Warrick Dunn is classy. Emmit is nowhere near their class

What has Emmit done that is classy?

228145[/snapback]

I remember him taking his helmet off in the end zone after scoring a TD against us in the Super Bowl, then the league passing a rule the next year making that classless move illegal.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Emmitt.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Emmit.  How is Emmit classy?  I remember him turning around and waving good bye to a linebacker as he scored a TD.  Thats a punk move.  What has Emmit done that is classy?  Derek Brooks is classy.  Warrick Dunn is classy.  Emmit is nowhere near their class

228145[/snapback]

Enh, I think we are being partly blinded by our understandable hatred of the Cowboys. By comparison, there are lot more people on those SB teams I would call classless before him.

I remember him taking his helmet off in the end zone after scoring a TD against us in the Super Bowl, then the league passing a rule the next year making that classless move illegal.

Emmitt.

are you people joking???

wtf

It takes an all around person for one to be a class act in my opinion. You can't be great on the field and a prick off the field. Just my opinion but from what I witnessed ES is and always will be a two faced jerk.

Fair enough. I hope you don't hold a certain former QB of ours in high regard then.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-e...ov=ap&type=lgns

What an ego on this guy retiring during Super Bowl week. He can't wait until next Tuesday to call it quits after the season is done.  Talk about trying to steal the spotlight.

227557[/snapback]

This is the second post like this I've see this week, and I just don't get it. SuperBowl week is like the NFL's national convention and it has become someting of a forum for star players to announce their retirement at. The national media is all in one place, the country is talking NFL football 24/7 and a lot of players from around the league are in town.

It's a great time/place/opportunity for Emmitt (the all-time leading rusher) to call it quits.

How many more Pat-Eagles stories can we handle anyway. Good for ES, he was a great player and I wish him well.

This is the second post like this I've see this week, and I just don't get it.  SuperBowl week is like the NFL's national convention and it has become someting of a forum for star players to announce their retirement at.  The national media is all in one place, the country is talking NFL football 24/7 and a lot of players from around the league are in town.

It's a great time/place/opportunity for Emmitt (the all-time leading rusher) to call it quits. 

How many more Pat-Eagles stories can we handle anyway.  Good for ES, he was a great player and I wish him well.

228293[/snapback]

OK paco, who else has retired during Super Bowl week?

I rather they spend a few minutes covering a future hall a famer retiring than spend it on yet another piece on Terrell Owens' ankle.

228916[/snapback]

Really, I 'd rather they spend more time bitching about how crappy Jacksonville is for a Super Bowl. I haven't heard enough of that yet.