How's that 'Buffalo Billion' working out for ya?

It must be working a little...

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2015/12/04/buffalo-yes-buffalo-now-ranks-as-the-hottest.html

Though I'm sure someone will find the dark cloud in this silver lining.

Actually means there a bust right around the corner. I was talking with a real estate investment trust guy a few years ago. He said you can tell how close a real estate bust is by the number of construction cranes are in a city. :lol:

Actually means there a bust right around the corner. I was talking with a real estate investment trust guy a few years ago. He said you can tell how close a real estate bust is by the number of construction cranes are in a city. :lol:

Or by whether or not they build a "tallest building."

Works for countries, too. When a country finishes a "world's tallest building," that almost always precedes an economic recession. I think Dubai is the first country in 100 years to buck that trend.

the conundrum that is buffalo's economy: the most cranes, yet its tallest building was sold at auction in October...

The most important indicator from my perspective, it's getting increasingly difficult to get a reservation at some my favorite restaurants.

the conundrum that is buffalo's economy: the most cranes, yet its tallest building was sold at auction in October...

The most important indicator from my perspective, it's getting increasingly difficult to get a reservation at some my favorite restaurants.

This is the downside you're looking for. Buffalo finally catching up to the real estate boom of the mid '00s

Did you try reserving with a different name? :P

We are having a very mild winter. Might as well be the Miami of the North lol

Are they still boating on Lake Erie? They are here on Lake Michigan... Getting tons of bassboaters and duck/geese hunters and it is almost mid-December!!! FWIW.. You CAN hunt in CHICAGO... Wolf Lake and Lake Calumet have a long waterfowl hunting history... Which will be winding down this month (I think last day is 12/15?/).

If this keeps up... We will see sportsman and pleasure boaters ALL winter!

The biggest skyscraper construction boom in Chicago was in the 1980's... When is it goiing to go bust?

Oh wait... Very soon... :nana::nana:

30 years is "right around the corner."

:nana::nana:

Better late than never for Illinois... :pirate::D

10 days ago... Wednesday night (before T-Day... Biggest bar night of the year)... Wife, my two children, and myself walked right into Bar Bill in East Aurora and got a table... Oh wait, that is too low brow... AND not trendy BFLO.. :D

Have you tried tipping? :w00t:

Are they still boating on Lake Erie? They are here on Lake Michigan... Getting tons of bassboaters and duck/geese hunters and it is almost mid-December!!! FWIW.. You CAN hunt in CHICAGO... Wolf Lake and Lake Calumet have a long waterfowl hunting history... Which will be winding down this month (I think last day is 12/15?/).

If this keeps up... We will see sportsman and pleasure boaters ALL winter!

Yes driving home I saw bass boats out on the lake yesterday. I haven't checked the lake temp on the NWS website lately but it's probably in mid 40s