CJ Spiller Activated

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is actually concerning to me. The run game has been at its best the past few weeks. I hope we don't just keeping Spiller for a loss all game long.

If we are gonna pound the rock like that, we only need Fred, Boobie, and Bryce.

@buffalobills

Doug Marrone: @CJSPILLER will be added to the 53-man roster. He's officially listed as PROBABLE for Sunday. #BUFvsOAK

Bills add C.J. Spiller to 53-man roster

Following the team’s Friday practice session the Bills announced that they took Spiller off of injured reserve and added him to the active roster making him eligible to play in Sunday’s game at Oakland.

This is actually concerning to me. The run game has been at its best the past few weeks. I hope we don't just keeping Spiller for a loss all game long.

It didn't seem to me that the run game has been at its best...not a lot of yards, though a few tough yards when they've needed them. I don't think this is a bad thing at all. If CJ is healthy enough to be activated, them something tells Marrone & Hackett that he can contribute something.

Besides, it's not like CJ would be featured over Freddy, Boobie, or Bryce, anyway. Probably just a handful of snaps - 2nd/3rd & long plays.

CJ is always gonna be a home run threat that other teams have to game plan for. Let him get his game legs warmed up against a bad Oakland team that will be running for the buses. Then give NE another dimension to our offense to have to worry about, then he'll be ready and important piece of the puzzle for our playoff run. (:

Edited by mastershake

Quite right, adding a major potential offensive weapon to a moribund offense is a bad idea. In the land of Bills fans, at least,

Maybe we will see CJ in rare Chan form. We can dream

Very good news indeed. Spiller with fresh legs should concern any defense.

Very good news indeed. Spiller with fresh legs should concern any defense.

Spiller will scare team if we use him like Bryce Brown was for the one play out of the flats down the left side of the field.

CJ Spiller Activated per ESPN

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Bills today announced they have activated RB C.J. Spiller from Reserve/Injured; Designated for Return.

mikerodak Mike Rodak

Bills officially activate C.J. Spiller from IR

While I haven't been the most ardent supporter of CJ, I am interested if his playing helps our pathetic offense. I expect him to be a bit rusty in the intial going. If anything, it is good if he can play in this game and get the rust out before the playing the Pats*.

Not a fan of Spiller as a RB, or a blocker, but I think if converted to WR he'd be deadly. He lacks the vision to read blocks and the toughness to run between the tackles. Plus, he's too fragile. Put him in the slot and I think he'd be a damn good player.

Quite right, adding a major potential offensive weapon to a moribund offense is a bad idea. In the land of Bills fans, at least,

I don't disagree with you. But I think that assuming CJ had been anything more than OK in this offense and pounding it between the tackles is revisionist history. If we keep using CJ the way we used him pre-injury, then yes I expect unspectacular results, and hope for mediocre. The offense needs another playmaker. CJ can be that guy, if we put him in positions to make plays.

Huh? The whole offense has sucked since the Jets game

Obviously. The offense is terrible, but remember when we'd pound him between the tackles for a loss of two, then a gain of 2, and be left at 3rd and 10. Or all the blitz pickups he misses. CJ is a player in this league, but not in the role we continue to use him as.

Having CJ back in Chan form, then that is a HUUUUUGE gain for us. Using CJ like we did in the first part of the season, a waste of talent and production. That is all I am saying. At least we minimize our negative plays with out him, so even a conservative 3.0 yards per carry from or backs, and not taking any loss of yards, is better than what we got out of CJ, with a loss of 3, loss of 1, gain of 1, gain of 2, then a big 20 yarder. I respect the big play, however because our O is so bad, we can't ever afford loss of yardage. Ever.

Again fan of CJ's abilities, just hasn't worked out in this offense this season. Maybe that will change since our O-line has progressed a bit (still not good) as the season has gone on.