Any chance Week 17 vs. New England gets flexed to SNF?!

If we beat OAK, DEN beats CIN, SF beats SD, PIT beats KC, I think a very strong chance. Cause this then sets up the BUF vs NE game to be win and in, as long as PIT can take care of business week 17 vs CIN at home.

I think they'd either want the PIT-CIN game moved to prime time or (as Casey D said), if DET-GB is for the NFC North, they'll want that one. Either of those two scenarios would be preferable to the BIlls-Pats.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they'd either want the PIT-CIN game moved to prime time or (as Casey D said), if DET-GB is for the NFC North, they'll want that one. Either of those two scenarios would be preferable to the BIlls-Pats.

Let's hope CIN loses this Monday to DEN and then chokes again in primetime in a flexed SNF game at PIT to get the Bills into the postseason. :thumbsup:

I thought I read there WILL be a game flexed in week 17. I also saw that the announcement must be made at least 12 days in advance. Further, since I believe that regardless of outcomes in week 16, Cincy & Pitt will have playoff implications, that would seem like a far more prudent candidate for switching.

This would be a dream for us given Cincy's propensity for folding in prime time and the fact that we will need them to lose this game!

Odds of flex (in my opinion):

Detroit/Green Bay (50%)

Pitt/Cinci (30%)

Buffalo/Pats* (15%) -- but only if KC and SD lose this weekend and the Bills win

Carolina/Atlanta (5%) -- will be game for NFC South title if Atlanta beats NO this week and Panthers beat Browns

Either I've lost my ability to read, or you missed the "flexible scheduling procedures" link that describes how they make the W17 determination.

75% of statistics are made up

If I recall correctly the game could be flexed to the 4 or 430 times slot due to the Pats/Broncos tiebreaker for the #1 seed scenario (like last year.) I'm not sure if they have a hierarchy of reasons to flex or not. They don't want the Pats winning at 1 and having Denver left with nothing to play for at 4pm vs Oakland... This is assuming NE beats the Jets and Den beats Cincy of course

Except for the fact that NBC looooooooves the Pats* on primetime, and the Bills' attempt to break their playoff drought is a compelling storyline.

If I recall correctly the game could be flexed to the 4 or 430 times slot due to the Pats/Broncos tiebreaker for the #1 seed scenario (like last year.) I'm not sure if they have a hierarchy of reasons to flex or not. They don't want the Pats winning at 1 and having Denver left with nothing to play for at 4pm vs Oakland... This is assuming NE beats the Jets and Den beats Cincy of course

^^^^^^ This.

I also see the Bills/Pats game at the 4pm time slot, and the Pit/Cincy at the 830 time slot (if it is a win and your in game).

I see our game being national. The steelers have a big fan base, as long as we are in contention I am sure we are the national game on CBS.

Anything with huge playoff implications may very well get flexed. Whether it be to a late game or say from CBS to FOX for national coverage.

Those with Sunday Ticket and Game Tracker ... its kind of moot as we see all games and can get scores instantly. if you really want to watch 2 games on at the same time - record one and watch the other.

week 16 implications - I cant see them moving Seattle

Saturday

Philadelphia at Washington 4:30 pm NFLN

San Diego at San Francisco 8:25 pm CBS

Sunday - national?

NY Giants at St. Louis 4:05 PM FOX - not that impressive a match up

Buffalo at Oakland 4:25 PM CBS - not that impressive a match up YET the best D in the NFL striving for a WC spot

Indianapolis at Dallas 4:25 PM CBS - not that impressive a match up as both are in the playoffs

Seattle at Arizona 8:30 PM NBC

in week 17 I left off games I felt were not important WRT the playoffs

Carolina at Atlanta 1:00 PM FOX - playoff implications

Cleveland at Baltimore 1:00 PM CBS - playoff implications

Detroit at Green Bay 1:00 PM FOX - playoff implications

San Diego at Kansas City 1:00 PM CBS - playoff implications

Buffalo at New England 1:00 PM CBS - playoff implications could flex to 4PM in certain regions

Philadelphia at NY Giants 1:00 PM FOX - playoff implications

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh 1:00 PM CBS - playoff implications could flex to 4PM in certain regions

New Orleans at Tampa Bay 1:00 PM FOX - playoff implications

Arizona at San Francisco 4:25 PM FOX - playoff implications

St. Louis at Seattle 4:25 PM FOX - playoff implications

wow what a week 17 it will be

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

in week 17

Carolina at Atlanta 1:00 PM FOX

Cleveland at Baltimore 1:00 PM CBS

Detroit at Green Bay 1:00 PM FOX

San Diego at Kansas City 1:00 PM CBS

Buffalo at New England 1:00 PM CBS

Philadelphia at NY Giants 1:00 PM FOX

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh 1:00 PM CBS

New Orleans at Tampa Bay 1:00 PM FOX

Arizona at San Francisco 4:25 PM FOX

St. Louis at Seattle 4:25 PM FOX

RIGHT NOW, I can only see DET-GB getting flexed. If the CIN-PIT game is for the division, I say that one gets flexed because Pittsburgh has a bigger national following.

The Pats going for the #1 seed combined with the Bills trying to break the playoff drought is compelling, but I don't think it's enough to get them flexed. I see it more like the Bills-Pats gets moved to 4:00 because that's when Denver plays.

RIGHT NOW, I can only see DET-GB getting flexed. If the CIN-PIT game is for the division, I say that one gets flexed because Pittsburgh has a bigger national following.

The Pats going for the #1 seed combined with the Bills trying to break the playoff drought is compelling, but I don't think it's enough to get them flexed. I see it more like the Bills-Pats gets moved to 4:00 because that's when Denver plays.

IMO the Oakland v Denver game means little compared to the win or go home playoff games

that's why I left the games off my list