Week 16: Raiders' Game Preparation - Spiller Active for OAK

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derek Carr continues to handle self well in tough situaitons

One of the things about Derek Carr that most sticks out is how he handles himself after tough losses.

The kid is going to be a leader for a long time. He never shies away from questions and gives good explanations. That was, once again, the case Sunday after the Oakland Raiders fell to 2-12 with a 31-13 drubbing at Kansas City. Here is a taste of some of the more interesting responses from Carr:

Tony Sparano not pleased with physicality, fundamentals in loss

One of the calling cards of Tony Sparano's 10 games as the interim coach of the Oakland Raiders has been that he is usually highly complimentary of his team.

However, Sparano was somewhat critical on Monday after the team's 31-13 loss at Kansas City, which dropped Oakland's record to 2-12.

I suspect Oakland to try to control the game by running the ball, Bills D has been a little vulnerable in that area lately. If they can control the game through their run game and get a turnover or two, this could be very interesting.

I would imagine Spikes would see the field more, in that case. These aren't the Rogers lead Packers who will just spread you out. This is a rookie QB who most likely wouldn't recognize the mismatch Spikes brings. I can imagine them putting 8 in the box and forcing Carr to throw.

CTE is a helluva injury, ain't it, Merril?

I've gone over this at the UB fan site. They say Mack is having an outstanding year but I have heard little or nothing about him all season. I mean it took almost half the season for him to record his first sack. So how good has he really been? Has he played up to his draft pick?

And promptly threw his iPhone to JJ Watt.

lol. Yeah. Houston was a game we should have won but isn't like they were/are terrible by any means and you saw the change that was made when it didn't happen because the Bills KNEW they should have won. The only "bad" team we have played this year is the Jets, and we thumped them twice. I'd expect the same this week, or at least close to it.

Bills have to travel across the country after a huge home win, that in itself is difficult regardless of the opponent but the Raiders have actually been playing tough at home and I think won last two there. Add in the fact that the Bills travel to the Pats the following week and this has all the makings of a scarey trap game for the Bills.

No such thing.

The Bills under Marrone this year don't lose these games. All of the teams they should beat they have. All of their losses are against teams with winning records. The Raiders are 2-12 going against a 8-6 Bills team. I'm smelling a route here.

I-80?

the hardest team to play against, is the one who has pride on the line

I'd have guessed it was the team with the most talent and best coaching. But what do I know.

I've gone over this at the UB fan site. They say Mack is having an outstanding year but I have heard little or nothing about him all season. I mean it took almost half the season for him to record his first sack. So how good has he really been? Has he played up to his draft pick?

Mack has played GREAT. I'm not trying to say he's been disappointing, he hasn't been. But he's not the best LB in the NFL. I think Nigel has outplayed him this year -- and Nigel isn't the best LB in the NFL either.

Yet.

(I can dream)

Promo, he has been great. I've seen highlights of him all year. He was phenomenal against the Pats early on. Check it out: http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Khalil-Mack-gives-Patriots-firsthand-look-at-his-5773363.php

Edited by dave mcbride

Opponent Profile: Bills Defense Among League’s Best

460465430.jpg?w=594&h=349&crop=1

The Buffalo Bills have a two-game streak going where they’ve held opposing quarterbacks without a touchdown pass, and while that may not seem like a big deal, it’s noteworthy to understand who those quarterbacks were: Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers.

Yeah, the Bills are that good on defense, and even though the Oakland Raiders have a two-game winning streak at home, it’ll be a tall order for the Silver & Black to overcome that kind of challenge in Week 16—even at the Coliseum, where the team has pulled off two consecutive upsets over playoff-contending teams.