So, the best potential scenario for a meaningful final game against NE

Taking a look at likely, or rather reasonable, outcomes predicted at NFL.com, the most likely for us to still be in it leading up to the NE season finale is:

1). Obviously, we have to win our two games; and

2). San Diego goes to Denver and loses as predicted and then goes to San Fran...with San Fran pulling an upset which I think is reasonable.

Given the other predictions hold (other than our loss to GB), the ravens and steelers would almost be locks in the 10-5 range, while the bills would be the only other 9-6 team (kc, texans and phins would all seem to be in the 8-7 or less range, as predicted). Still possible if chargers are 9-6, as long as kc loses at least one before finishing against chargers, with kc pulling an upset at home against the chargers...well, I mean for us to actually have the chance of getting in.

I would be fairly satisfied with this season if the NE game mattered, the same way the Steelers game did 10 years ago.

Thoughts on likelihood or comments, in general?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

If we beat GB tomorrow, and with the ways things are going around the rest of the AFC, I really think that we have a great chance to be alive in the playoff race heading to NE in week 17. I read somewhere that if we go into week 17 with a 9-6 record that we would have around a 50% chance to make the playoffs. With the way things have been going the past decade, ill gladly take those odds at earning a playoff berth.

Meh. I'll just watch the games and not pay proper attention to the potential possibilities that could lead to us grabbing a playoff spot. They're incredibly slimmer than prior to the Denver game. Which, I thought we would win and still have a plausible percentage to make them. Now? Let's just hope for wins and that things can, but unlikely, pan out.

Regardless of playoff scenarios, that game matters. Even if they are eliminated. I think Marrone needs to have his team make a decent showing against the P*ts. Marrone needs to show (maybe just me, but I think others who are more important) that he can take the field with them without looking like the Washington Generals.

kj

What? You are ill-informed my friend. We want the patriots to win that game for multiple reasons. Let's just worry about the bills. If they win this week they are very much alive. If they lose they're done.

Edit: Sorry Metzelaars, don't know why I quoted your post because obviously you agree Pats need to win tomorrow.

I'm not 100% sure about that. If Miami wins tomorrow against N.E. , odds are they win out and go 10-6, their two remaining games would be against the Vikings and Jets. I think at this point you have to assume one of either Baltimore or Pittsburgh locks up one of the wild card spots. Or possibly even one of them wins the division and Cinci falls back to one of the wild cards.

If that is the case, if the Bills also win out and finish 10-6 would we win tie breakers over the Dolphins, we will have split the head to head and also have identical division records. I think the next tie breaker would probably be common opponents. If so, we may finish ahead based on Bills beating Green Bay and Detroit (miami loss to both) while Miami only holds a victory over San Diego who we loss too.

However, if the next tie breaker is conference record then we would lose out to miami 6-6 to their 8-4.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

Edit: Sorry Metzelaars, don't know why I quoted your post because obviously you agree Pats need to win tomorrow.

I'm not 100% sure about that. If Miami wins tomorrow against N.E. , odds are they win out and go 10-6, their two remaining games would be against the Vikings and Jets. I think at this point you have to assume one of either Baltimore or Pittsburgh locks up one of the wild card spots. Or possibly even one of them wins the division and Cinci falls back to one of the wild cards.

If that is the case, if the Bills also win out and finish 10-6 would we win tie breakers over the Dolphins, we will have split the head to head and also have identical division records. I think the next tie breaker would probably be common opponents. If so, we may finish ahead based on Bills beating Green Bay and Detroit (miami loss to both) while Miami only holds a victory over San Diego who we loss too.

However, if the next tie breaker is conference record then we would lose out to miami 6-6 to their 8-4.

I would rather concede the division to the Pats, root for a Broncos loss so that the Pats have nothing to play for in week 17 and deny the Dolphins 10 wins because you are right, the Dolphins are winning their last two. But again, I really only care about the Bills winning tomorrow. If they win, they will still be alive regardless.

Metz. get real. The Bills will not make the playoffs.

If you keep dreaming that then the losses will hurt even more.

Whatever strunz, if they win tomorrow they're still alive. That's it. And even if they don't make the playoffs, if they are still alive going into week 17 and that game matters, that would be nice. They're 5 point underdgos tomorrow, it's not inconceivable that they could win. Especially if you happened to see what Green Bay's defense looked like on Monday night.

Your head will explode with considering all scenarios. They just hopefully win tomorrow and we are still in the race. Nothing could be better than actually going into NE and the game matters. That's a tall order though with the Packers.

SWAT and Woods need to have incredible games along with Orton.

The packers come into Orchard park with a 10-3 overall record, but only a 3-3 Road record with losses at Seattle, Detroit and New Orleans. They have squeaked by with last second finishes at Miami, at Minnesota and a close one to Atlanta @ home. The team is definitely beatable. Their biggest power is that they have scored FIFTY ONE (51) TDs. The Bills on the other hand have scored 28 TDs. That is where the difference in the game is going to be.

The packers come into Orchard park with a 10-3 overall record, but only a 3-3 Road record with losses at Seattle, Detroit and New Orleans. They have squeaked by with last second finishes at Miami, at Minnesota and a close one to Atlanta @ home. The team is definitely beatable. Their biggest power is that they have scored FIFTY ONE (51) TDs. The Bills on the other hand have scored 28 TDs. That is where the difference in the game is going to be.

Is it not a Fact. That GB has not beaten Buffalo at home ?

Rodgers has mentioned how fun it "will" be to break that streak.

FU RODGAS!

blood will be left on the field.

Is it that time of the month for Orton?

LOL !

Well lets at least hope he gets all cranky and irritable irrational and aggressive!

I expect the team in general is going to leave it all on the field. what more could we ask ?

What we offer the Pats ? i dont know yet.

But if the Bills are going to finish the season with a statement? i know of no better opportunity

Given my original scenario, though, it is crazy to think that we could be going into the final week actually in the final playoff spot.

...I just think it is to much too ask for a road win against NE, regardless of whether NE has anything to play for in that game.

Given my original scenario, though, it is crazy to think that we could be going into the final week actually in the final playoff spot.

...I just think it is to much too ask for a road win against NE, regardless of whether NE has anything to play for in that game.

May be that is where the change of guards happen. Just like how Jacksonville sent the Bills spiralling 19 years ago. Can't believe that is 19 years since Kelly was left lying on the ground.

I screwed up with my whole thread and original post, but in my defense the nfl.com playoff predictor completely left out the bengals and had the chargers in the playoffs...us overtaking them was part of the basis for my thread.

...BUT WE STILL WON AND WE ARE STILL IN IT SO ALL IS GOOD WITH THE WORLD!

So, to do some repair work here is the most likely beneficial outcome:

We win both games;

Bengals lose both games (broncos and steelers);

San Diego loses tonight and at least one more (San Fran and kc);

KC loses at least one more, preferably against the steelers.

Edit: AND I DONT MIND GOING TO INDY FOR THE FIRST PLAYOFF GAME!!