Jeremy White All-22

The Big Cat

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 10 year vet has to be told when and where he should or shouldn't throw the ball? Sounds like a ****ty QB to me!

You are dead wrong about this.

If Orton expected the receiver to be open deep he certainly would have looked for him and probably thrown him the ball. I don't know why Orton didn't see him and neither do you. You just assume it is because he is a lousy quarterback who hasn't learned how to spot an open receiver in 10 years. And that is just stupid.

Isn't it just a little suspicious that after the friggin revolving door of quarterbacks we have had through here in two years, there was not one single quarterback who could find those open guys deep and throw them the ball. That smells of poor coaching if I ever smelled it.

When you see plays like that develop in a game, a good offensive coordinator will take his QB aside and say, hey we are going back to that play the next series because we know that Robert Woods or whoever it was on the play is going to be running one on one toward the post. And we need to take that shot.

Those are the things you don't see the Buffalo Bills doing. And that is a coaching issue. A quarterback is not going to see every single open guy every single time. This offense patently sucks at choosing plays that have the number one receiver open when he is supposed to be open.

If Orton expected the receiver to be open deep he certainly would have looked for him and probably thrown him the ball. I don't know why Orton didn't see him and neither do you. You just assume it is because he is a lousy quarterback who hasn't learned how to spot an open receiver in 10 years. And that is just stupid.

Isn't it just a little suspicious that after the friggin revolving door of quarterbacks we have had through here in two years, there was not one single quarterback who could find those open guys deep and throw them the ball. That smells of poor coaching if I ever smelled it.

When you see plays like that develop in a game, a good offensive coordinator will take his QB aside and say, hey we are going back to that play the next series because we know that Robert Woods or whoever it was on the play is going to be running one on one toward the post. And we need to take that shot.

Those are the things you don't see the Buffalo Bills doing. And that is a coaching issue. A quarterback is not going to see every single open guy every single time. This offense patently sucks at choosing plays that have the number one receiver open when he is supposed to be open.

Hackett didn't even know what defensive scheme the Texans secondary were playing until last into the third quarter, and Mike Williams then went invisible for voicing that to the Buffalo Bills post game show. He stated 'we adjusted too late". Then he said things tend not to work when you are playing against a different scheme then the one you game planned for.

Most Bills fans just don't really just how bad this offensive coaching is, and has been all year. Kyle Orton is an average QB, and not elite. So why ask the guy to throw 57 times against the #4 ranked defense in the league. Just insane!

The sheer number of bad QB's in the NFL could explain this.

Orton might not trust his arm, not want to get hit, or not want to make a mistake. I don't see 9 weeks of coaching changing a 10 year vets entire game.

Hackett didn't even know what defensive scheme the Texans secondary were playing until last into the third quarter, and Mike Williams then went invisible for voicing that to the Buffalo Bills post game show. He stated 'we adjusted too late". Then he said things tend not to work when you are playing against a different scheme then the one you game planned for.

Most Bills fans just don't really just how bad this offensive coaching is, and has been all year. Kyle Orton is an average QB, and not elite. So why ask the guy to throw 57 times against the #4 ranked defense in the league. Just insane!

Oh, it's insane all right. You've posted this same misleading crap in several threads. And it's intellectually dishonest because I think you would know better if you watched the game.

In the first half, Hackett was pretty well balanced and had some success on the ground.

Please tell me how many pass attempts came after Denver went up 21-3 in the third quarter? When you are three possessions down, you become one dimensional and you can't run the clock out on yourself.

How many pass attempts were made after going down 24-3 and in the fourth quarter?

Please don't act like Hackett went into this game planning on throwing it 57 times.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree completely.

I don't think Orton is anything special. But I think he is the best quarterback this team has had since Fitzpatrick. And yet somehow every single quarterback that has been on this squad since Fitzpatrick has looked bad in this offense. I just find it hard to believe that every single one of these guys has been that bad.

Orton showed that late in the game when he is forced to take charge of the offense because of time constraints, he has the talent to make plays. He is not Superbowl caliber no. But he is plenty good enough to take a team to the playoffs at least. This offensive staff is proving itself incompetent even when a very experienced average quarterback is on their squad.

The sheer number of bad QB's in the NFL could explain this.

Orton might not trust his arm, not want to get hit, or not want to make a mistake. I don't see 9 weeks of coaching changing a 10 year vets entire game.

Why in the world would you try and change a 10 year vet's game?

Why wouldn't you adjust your offense to take advantage of the things he is good at? That is what good coaches do. The hardest position to play is QB. A coach should do everything possible to make his offense easily executable for his quarterback while taking full advantage of whatever strengths his quarterback has.

I agree completely.

I don't think Orton is anything special. But I think he is the best quarterback this team has had since Fitzpatrick. And yet somehow every single quarterback that has been on this squad since Fitzpatrick has looked bad in this offense. I just find it hard to believe that every single one of these guys has been that bad.

Orton showed that late in the game when he is forced to take charge of the offense because of time constraints, he has the talent to make plays. He is not Superbowl caliber no. But he is plenty good enough to take a team to the playoffs at least. This offensive staff is proving itself incompetent even when a very experienced average quarterback is on their squad.

Are you oblivious of the two awful decision he made on the INTs he threw before he was "freed" of the chains of coaching ineptitude? The guy has guts, throws a nice spiral but lets not pretend he's more than an average starter in this league.

There are plays to be made and he sometimes, more so in the last few games, that he's being gun shy with the ball.

Why in the world would you try and change a 10 year vet's game?

Why wouldn't you adjust your offense to take advantage of the things he is good at? That is what good coaches do. The hardest position to play is QB. A coach should do everything possible to make his offense easily executable for his quarterback while taking full advantage of whatever strengths his quarterback has.

You wouldn't change his game. You're saying it's bad coaching. I'm saying the coaching isn't gonna change a ten year vet's game.

Are you oblivious of the two awful decision he made on the INTs he threw before he was "freed" of the chains of coaching ineptitude? The guy has guts, throws a nice spiral but lets not pretend he's more than an average starter in this league.

There are plays to be made and he sometimes, more so in the last few games, that he's being gun shy with the ball.

You obviously didn't even read what I wrote. Or maybe you are oblivious to understanding what is written.

You wouldn't change his game. You're saying it's bad coaching. I'm saying the coaching isn't gonna change a ten year vet's game.

I am saying it is at least as much bad coaching as it is lack of player talent. This offense doesn't know how to use any player's strengths at all. Name one offensive player who is playing above what was expected of him with any consistency at all. Henderson maybe? Is it really plausible to think that every single player on the offense is a bad player?

I don't get the Kyle Orton bashing. He is playing exactly as anyone who has ever watched Kyle Orton would expect the guy to play.

I also think people are forgetting how horrendous EJ was earlier in the year. The guy couldn't accurately throw a 5-yard pass. Orton has done a nice job, making good accurate short and intermediate throws, mixing in some good deep throws, and, of course, making the mistakes you would expect him to make. He's not going to be perfect or great. But he's been serviceable.

You obviously didn't even read what I wrote. Or maybe you are oblivious to understanding what is written.

I am saying it is at least as much bad coaching as it is lack of player talent. This offense doesn't know how to use any player's strengths at all. Name one offensive player who is playing above what was expected of him with any consistency at all. Henderson maybe? Is it really plausible to think that every single player on the offense is a bad player?

Hogan? Dixon? Sammy is playing very well. Woods is better this year than last.

I understand what you said just fine, you just don't want to acknowledge that Orton threw two bad interceptions on two really bad decisions.

Hogan? Dixon? Sammy is playing very well. Woods is better this year than last.

Hogan playing great compared to what? A different number 3 receiver? yay!

Dixon playing good on offense? Nothing special at all on offense. He is a great punt blocker though.

Sammy - 1 or 2 games? not exactly number one receiver talent. He should be a true threat in every game when he is healthy. He has not been a true threat in many games.

Woods - 1 great game. And lots of dropped passes in every other game. Again...not exactly stellar talent.

I will concede you Hogan. But none of those other guys are playing good enough football...none of them.

According to Jeremy White and half the mind slaves on this board, it is all Orton. Before that it was all Thad or Jeff Tuel or EJ.

I am more convinced than ever that Hackett sucks even more than I used to think.

I understand what you said just fine, you just don't want to acknowledge that Orton threw two bad interceptions on two really bad decisions.

I admit the picks were bad in the Denver game. I never said they weren't. Both bad decisions.

Edited by PolishDave