9 Who Should Be On The Way Out .....

BuffaninATL

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, ok...everyone is down on the Bills QB's, and justifiably so, I suppose. But the real question is, who do you replace them with? Are Bills fans going to tolerate another rookie? What free agent would be available that won't have as many questions and concerns as Orton & Tuel.

Sure, I would be a little excited if they went after Cutler, because I think he is better than either of the guys we have..but he will likely bring his own issues to the table, least of which would be a fan base that is looking for any reason they can to fry QB's. Just don't think Cutler and Buffalo would be a good mix...I am not sold on Kaepernick or RGIII at this point, either. Who does that leave? Matt Schaub? Brian Hoyer? Are any of these guys an upgrade over what we have?

Adam Schein "obviously" doesn't watch the Bills very closely.

I am with you 26.

What freakin adversity has Marone gone through this year???

Team missed a day of practice, moved a game to Detroit against the worst team in the league. (some suggest was a bonding experience)

That is it......the sum total of his adversity

OTOH

Only one significant injury to an impact starter. One...One... ........ are you kidding me??? What good fortune is that? (maybe you could put Leo in there)

Huge, jacked up beyond normal, emotional crowds for two divisional home games. He loses one.

No Toronto game this year.

One West Coast Game

A defense that keeps his team in every single stinking game ( that he does not coach one iota)

This guy had everything break RIGHT for him this year...the exact opposite of adversity

What is the point of ditching all of our QB's again? I've said it 100000 times in the last week. We'd be better off with Fitzpatrick and we'll be better off with Orton and Manuel then _____ and _____.

way off thread...but i aint buying the Orton part of that equation. EJ i am not so sure yet, but Orton i think after 10 years you know what he is.And that is not good enough to get you to a Superbowl, or even the playoffs, in a normal year.

The only upgrade at QB that will be available and I see as being worth the risk is Bradford. He's been fragile, but I've been trying to watch film of his from past seasons, not highlight reels, and I think he actually has "it". The arm and accuracy are there and his eyes are far from slow. If it's a 3rd or 4th that the Rams are seeking, I'd bite.

Adam Schein "obviously" doesn't watch the Bills very closely.

I think it is actually the opposite. I think many here watch the Bills TOO closely. Every tiny minute move is dissected and discussed until it is beat into the ground. Many here didn't like the Marrone hire and every story they can use to justify their preconceived notions they use.

This is the general consensus about the job Marrone has done from outsiders. We are fans so it is difficult to reconcile the fact that these are the lowly Bills we are talking about. The fact that Marrone has brought them back to respectability is not lost like it is here. Here everyone wants to credit Whaley for the good roster moves and blame Marrone for the bad ones. They want to credit Schwartz and Pettine for the play of the defense and give none of it to Marrone. When Orton plays well it is in spite of the coaching blah blah blah.

Marrone is doing a good job here whether people want to admit it or not. Nobody turns it around overnight anymore especially from the doldrums that were the 2000s Buffalo Bills.

The only upgrade at QB that will be available and I see as being worth the risk is Bradford. He's been fragile, but I've been trying to watch film of his from past seasons, not highlight reels, and I think he actually has "it". The arm and accuracy are there and his eyes are far from slow. If it's a 3rd or 4th that the Rams are seeking, I'd bite.

If he has "it" wtf are the Rams doing to peddling him. Has is not been apparent how hard it is to find an above average qb. Look in the AFC alone ryan Tannehill is the second best qb since chad Pennington in this division. The fins are just getting to a point where they may have finally replaced Marino, bills are yet to replace Kelly and the jets still reminisce about joe Namath....

I think it is actually the opposite. I think many here watch the Bills TOO closely. Every tiny minute move is dissected and discussed until it is beat into the ground. Many here didn't like the Marrone hire and every story they can use to justify their preconceived notions they use.

This is the general consensus about the job Marrone has done from outsiders. We are fans so it is difficult to reconcile the fact that these are the lowly Bills we are talking about. The fact that Marrone has brought them back to respectability is not lost like it is here. Here everyone wants to credit Whaley for the good roster moves and blame Marrone for the bad ones. They want to credit Schwartz and Pettine for the play of the defense and give none of it to Marrone. When Orton plays well it is in spite of the coaching blah blah blah.

Marrone is doing a good job here whether people want to admit it or not. Nobody turns it around overnight anymore especially from the doldrums that were the 2000s Buffalo Bills.

:lol: Is this not expected?

Marrone doing a good job? Well okay, thanks for sharing your opinion. Does he know where Jerry Hughes is and how about that innovative offense? :rolleyes:

Yeah, ok...everyone is down on the Bills QB's, and justifiably so, I suppose. But the real question is, who do you replace them with? Are Bills fans going to tolerate another rookie? What free agent would be available that won't have as many questions and concerns as Orton & Tuel.

I'd take the shotgun approach and bring in the best FA I could get, draft a rookie, the best CFL QB I could find, and Manuel and let them all battle it out.

Marrone doing a good job? Well okay, thanks for sharing your opinion. Does he know where Jerry Hughes is and how about that innovative offense? :rolleyes:

This topic is being discussed in tons of other threads...please consider using the search option before posting!

Just funning with you 26CornerBlitz! :lol:

I'd take the shotgun approach and bring in the best FA I could get, draft a rookie, the best CFL QB I could find, and Manuel and let them all battle it out.

Funny, I meant to say "Orton, EJ and Tuel".

I don't mind that approach, but is Orton that much worse than most of the other guys mentioned? Isn't bringing back Orton, Manuel, Tuel and then signing another guy (either another FA vet, say, like Cousins) or drafting another mid-round guy, kind of the same thing? Just not see that I see the reason to jettison Orton, Manuel, and/or Tuel (if he is even relevant at this point) in favor of a similar bag of toys with different names. The only guy I see metnioned (at this point anyways) that I would see as a clear upgrade is Cutler...and I am not even sure I would want them to make that move... I think he is worlds better, talent wise, but not sure that his personality would mesh well with WNY football fans, and he obviously has his own issues.

Edited by Buftex

Every single decision is critiqued to no end. Please show me one coach who is perfect. Just one. That is what I mean.

Does he know where Jerry Hughes is? Does it matter what he says? These things get handled in house but because we as fans don't know what happened people use it to fit their narrative. You would hate to be a Patriots* fan and the non answers given by Belicheck. On top of that Hughes normally plays about 70% of snaps which in this game would have been 38.5 snaps, he played 31. We want to make a huge deal about 7 snaps?

The innovative offense? It's with the NFL caliber qb. What kind of offense do you expect with Kyle Orton running the show. The guy is a career .500 player and has shown exactly that on the Bills.

I will not admit it :nana: , but my real objection to the article was the "overcome major adversity" line.

I think that everything has broke right for the team this year...can you imagine what would have happened to this team if even "normal" amout of injuries had occurred on the D?

Or if the ownership issue was still not settled?

I will not admit it :nana: , but my real objection to the article was the "overcome major adversity" line.

I think that everything has broke right for the team this year...can you imagine what would have happened to this team if even "normal" amout of injuries had occurred on the D?

Adversity this year off the top of my head:

1. Ownership - sure it is settled now but it wasn't all the way through training camp and through the first week of the season.

2. Having to put a qb in who had no camp and less than a month with the team before the wr corps mutinied.

3. Lost both starting rbs in the span of a few minutes.

4. No practice for almost an entire week, having a home game against a division rival moved to a different city.

5. A schedule that has feature 4 games total in the first 13 against teams with a losing record. 1 of those teams counts twice and is a division rival (Jets) the other is 6-7.

Maybe this isn't major adversity but points 1,3,4, and 5 are certainly nothing to sneeze at.

We lost Kiko for a year, Gilmore for a little bit, AW for a game, Searcy is out now.