How to beat a bully.....You punch them in the mouth

cwchze

I am as fired up as the next fan over the next 4 games. I relate our team to the 2001 patriots, who

had a very good defense with questions on offense(didnt know what brady would be)They had played

st louis towards the end of the regular season and almost beat them. Then they went to the

super bowl and punched them straight in the mouth and walked away with a trophy. For the following

three years they did the same to everybody including Mr. Manning countless times. They have

faltered over the past ten years because they have gotten away from that mantra, a dumb decison

by the quote on quote genius.

Now that brings it to us. We have a punch you in the mouth/throat style of defense, which can

stop the run and wreck havoc on a qb. Now is the time to show it all off. The d was built to go

after brady which we haven t done but he is on our list..

first manning

then rogers

then oak...which is a huge trap game

then brady..

I say bring it on..do what the 2001 pats did and prove everyone wrong

.do what the 2001 pats did and prove everyone wrong

There are bunches of Super Bowl Theories

Did the 2001 (2002) Putrids have the Refs on their side and was there any (pre) Spygate film on tape? Hell not to mention the Tuck Rule brought to life on the spot!!!

How could Patriotic America let the Patriots lose?

President Bush was in attendance and America was gearing up for WAR.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Yup typical of this board.. compare brady to orton..

The issue is the D..that is how we will win these games..and that is

how past defense strong teams won championships. We are not an

offensive juggernaut obviously..and they rarely win it all.

This is how the Giants beat us in superbowl 25..They kept the

ball away from us and smashed andre reed in the mouth every time he touched

the ball..we still almost won..that is how good Jim and the rest of our o was

Yup typical of this board.. compare brady to orton..

The issue is the D..that is how we will win these games..and that is

how past defense strong teams won championships. We are not an

offensive juggernaut obviously..and they rarely win it all.

Quarterbacking is a key element regardless of your attempt to ignore it for the purposes of your comparison of the respective teams.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

There are bunches of Super Bowl Theories

Did the 2001 (2002) Putrids have the Refs on their side and was there any (pre) Spygate film on tape? Hell not to mention the Tuck Rule brought to life on the spot!!!

How could Patriotic America let the Patriots lose?

President Bush was in attendance and America was gearing up for WAR.

:thumbsup:

Quarterbacking is a key element regardless of your attempt to ignore it for the purposes of your comparison of the respective teams.

yup back in 2001..Kurt Warner was a far better qb than Brady, running the greatest show on turf. Brady was struggling with his

reads and accuracy at the time he took over for bledsoe. He really became a Qb when he engineered that last drive.Then he

perfected it in the 2003 season.

The reason the Pats were in that game was the defense...

yup back in 2001..Kurt Warner was a far better qb than Brady, running the greatest show on turf. Brady was struggling with his

reads and accuracy at the time he took over for bledsoe. He really became a Qb when he engineered that last drive.Then he

perfected it in the 2003 season.

The reason the Pats were in that game was the defense...

I agree with you, but I'd take the 2001 infant Brady over Orton right now because even back then he didn't shrink in the bigger moments of big games.

I think the main point here is that to beat the Broncos you need to come out strong and play smart, physical defense. Stop the run and make Peyton a little uneasy in the pocket and you have a chance. I agree.

The OP's post is about riding the defense into the playoffs over the next 4 games. In 2014, you have to get at least a solid contribution from your QB and offense to be a playoff team. The defense cannot do it alone.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I think the main point here is that to beat the Broncos you need to come out strong and play smart, physical defense. Stop the run and make Peyton a little uneasy in the pocket and you have a chance. I agree.

he clearly is avoiding hits more than he has in the past. I saw him bail out of throws because he saw pressure. He just falls down. He can still beat you. He is not the same guy as he was though. His deep ball is a weakness. Passes wobble. Not the pinpoint accuracy he has had in the past. They will run the ball a ton. Or try. Edited by YoloinOhio

The OP's post is about riding the defense into the playoffs over the next 4 games. In 2014, you have to get at least a solid contribution from your QB and offense to be a playoff team. The defense cannot do it alone.

And our quarterback has proven that he can be a solid contributor. Does he do it every play? No. But he's had good games.

And our quarterback has proven that he can be a solid contributor. Does he do it every play? No. But he's had good games.

The two Jets' games have already been played. Beyond those, he's mostly disappointed. When he's needed most in critical games, he does not rise to the occasion.

Yes I am not an Orton supporter. He is at most an average journeyman qb.But he does have

command of the team and receivers.Something our protege that we have invested in could

and is learning.

Im just stating that we can win these games against these elite qb's and teams if we come out

and punch them right in the fuk$$n mouth. Many a team with an average qb have won it all..

We have a punchers chance...

The posting title is correct. I know from experience. I used to bully this kid every day, then he paid this dude that looked like Mr. T $75 bucks to beat me up. I got punched in the face and never bothered that little weasel again.

Cheers op, love the post title!

I do expect our D to beat the snot out of our opponents for the rest of the season. Win or lose, our D is nasty this year

Edited by mastershake