Bradham Fined for Spearing Browns' TE Barnidge

Guess his own player shouldn't have speared our DB well after the play...don't make #53 mad.

That was a dirty hit. A clear cut case of spearing. The league office should severely fine him. I would have no problem if he was suspended. That was a dangerous hit that could have caused internal damage.

That was a dirty hit. A clear cut case of spearing. The league office should severely fine him. I would have no problem if he was suspended. That was a dangerous hit that could have caused internal damage.

As I said when CodeMonkey questioned whether or not I found the hit acceptable:

Not even close to what I said...or implied. The implication is quite simple: if a guy makes a dirty play, he should expect dirty plays in retaliation. No, it's not acceptable, and in fact I yelled quite angrily at Bradham for it from the stands.

No problemo. I know it's not always easy to accurately gauge the spirit of a post on the internet.

Dumb hit by Bradham; should've been off-setting PF penalties on he and Greco IMO.

As I said when CodeMonkey questioned whether or not I found the hit acceptable:

I missed the thrust of your response. Sorry about that. Especially after the replay of the hit I got very upset. He should have been thrown out. That was a dangerous play. I recognize that sometimes the speed of the game affects the tackle but the form on the hit was dangerous from the start.

I missed the thrust of your response. Sorry about that. Especially after the replay of the hit I got very upset. He should have been thrown out. That was a dangerous play. I recognize that sometimes the speed of the game affects the tackle but the form on the hit was dangerous from the start.

It's a dangerous hit for Bradham too. He should know better.

Ultimately, Bradham will likely pay a worse price than Barnidge. Hits like that will take their toll down the line when CTE sets in.

I can't believe there are many Bills fans who are also true fans of football as well that could disagree with the NFL on this. We still like Bradham and support him, his hard hitting style of play, the effort and the heart he brings to the team. He just needs to be more careful to "keep it clean". I hope he learns positivily from this without losing his winning intensity we all appreciate.

Say what you want but one thing I noticed during the game was how their WR's arms started to get shorter. IMO, while I think it wa a cheap shot, the BILLS defense has been mising nastiness for a long time. They hit everyone hard ...every play. It is almost like they made a few of the Browns quit because they were so physical. Now jut shorten up all the Denver Thomas' and Welkers arms and we'll be good to go....GO BILLS.

Say what you want but one thing I noticed during the game was how their WR's arms started to get shorter. IMO, while I think it wa a cheap shot, the BILLS defense has been mising nastiness for a long time. They hit everyone hard ...every play. It is almost like they made a few of the Browns quit because they were so physical. Now jut shorten up all the Denver Thomas' and Welkers arms and we'll be good to go....GO BILLS.

This.

The attitude started changing last year and I noted Manny Lawson at the time for bringing bad intentions on every play. Bradham is a bad, bad man and he's another guy who hits hard. He stood out a couple years ago as a rookie as the only guy on a pillow soft defense who would actually hit someone rather that hug and drag. It seems he's gotten himself sorted out personally this year and he's much more consistent.

I seem to remember in the old dark ages of the NFL that a good way to nullify crossing routes was to obliterate the WRs. Denver likes to run a lot of crosses, many are shorter than 5 yards. You can legally decleat somebody running that route so long as you don't grab onto them and the ball isn't in the air yet. Send 83 and 88 flying a couple times and see if they're quite so enthusiastic about running that BS OPI pick play they run all day long.

just because Nigel got carried away, it doesn't mean he is a dirty player, or his actions were premeditated, bottom line **** happens, and it' s always better to give that receive, especially when it comes to crushing hits

I doubt it was premeditated. But it was clearly deliberate.

Edited by CodeMonkey