I don't know if the Bills are a good team...

YoloinOhio

Good teams are supposed to whip 2-8 teams. Good teams aren't supposed to lose to a divisional rival tied at 5-5 or the Kansas City Chiefs when the season is on the line.

Yes it felt good to embarrass the Jets tonight. No that doesn't mean we're a good team. If we were we'd make the playoffs this year which almost definitely isn't happening.

Good teams are supposed to whip 2-8 teams. Good teams aren't supposed to lose to a divisional rival tied at 5-5 or the Kansas City Chiefs when the season is on the line.

Yes it felt good to embarrass the Jets tonight. No that doesn't mean we're a good team. If we were we'd make the playoffs this year which almost definitely isn't happening.

there are good teams who don't make the playoffs. The very good to great ones make it, they only take 6.

Now, if the Bills were able to play this way against the Packers, Broncos, Patriots, or even the Browns it might be a different story this year. The sad fact is this years team might not even beat the lowly Raiders at Oakland even tho they are supposed to be the better team.

The casual fan will ask why can't we do this every week, and the more knowledgeable fan will answer because most teams have an actual half way decent QB. Clearly the Jets don't have one.

I just talked to my dad and that was kind of the topic. He was frustrated when talking about it. He was like, "how can they play like that and then look like they did against Houston and Minnesota?" I thought that it was a fair question. The Bills are talented but need to learn to finish.

I said all offseason that they'd likely be 8-8 or 9-7 with very high highs but due to qb, coach and some general youth that there would be very frustrating lows too if we didn't see big steps up consistently from qb/coach. A ton of talent but real inconsistent at the biggest spots

So far, fair

Edited by NoSaint

Shaky qb and coaching. They are insanely talented. And our defense keeps us in every game.

Also, too bad we can't play the Jets every week. They are a tire fire. Both of those performances were two of the most pitiful efforts I have seen in a long time.

This KO hate you have is very tiresome. I know you worship EJ but the Bills won. Can't you take a day off from the hate and just enjoy a win?

This KO hate you have is very tiresome. I know you worship EJ but the Bills won. Can't you take a day off from the hate and just enjoy a win?

I love how i "hate" Orton. I love him as a backup. Sorry, I don't worship him like you. He is a good backup and spot starter. But if he is your long term starter, you're in trouble.

He has 6 tds and 0 ints against the 2-9 Jets. In the other 5 games, he has 6 tds and 4 turnovers. In our 2 most important games, he helped led us to 1 td.

Trust me, I don't hate Orton. Far from it. I just recognize he's Kyle Orton and he's on his 5th team in 9 years.

I said all offseason that they'd likely be 8-8 or 9-7 with very high highs but due to qb, coach and some general youth that there would be very frustrating lows too if we didn't see big steps up consistently from qb/coach. A ton of talent but real inconsistent at the biggest spots

So far, fair

And that's one thing if we started EJ all year. But to go 8-8 with a veteran is a waste. And we will talk ourselves into another year for Orton and go 8-8 next year. It's Fitz all over.

They are as good as any team in the NFL. They need to develop a take no prisoners mentality. Just go out and beat up the competition Bills!

Ahhhhh ..... no they are not. The D can go toe to toe with anyone, but the offense is nowhere near the top tier yet.

It was a great all around team effort last night to be sure and one to be proud of. But the Jets are a absolute train wreck this season. And their performance last night was enough to get the entire team, coaching staff, and front office fired. A complete and total embarrassment. As much as the Bills have QB issues, how bout them Jets huh. Wow.

KO threw a bunch of crappy passes today that Woods caught. The TD was a bad pass, the out route to Watkins into double coverage was a bad pass, the blocked pass to Woods,CB knocked it away= bad, that wounded duck he chucked for an incompletion=bad. If Woods wasn't on a mission, last night, KO's qb rating isn't nearly as good. I will grant you that he is pulling the trigger faster than EJ but his accuracy isn't that much better. Furthermore, Watkins had a couple bad drops when KO delivered it nicely? Same crap he did to EJ earlier. He's got to make those easy catches. Don't know that he is always dialed in the way he needs to be. He needs some veteran getting on his butt about focus on EVERY play.

The Bills looked great against possibly the worst team in the league. Lucky for the Bills, we got to play them twice.

The Bills are beating bad teams. The only good team they beat was Detroit and that was because Detroit does not have a kicker. When we played the *Pats, we were embarrassed. I think the Bills are a decent team with questionable playcalling and inconsistent OL and QB play. The next 5 games will tell us a lot about the Bills. If they find a way to get to 9 wins, I will say they are a good team.

KO threw a bunch of crappy passes today that Woods caught. The TD was a bad pass, the out route to Watkins into double coverage was a bad pass, the blocked pass to Woods,CB knocked it away= bad, that wounded duck he chucked for an incompletion=bad. If Woods wasn't on a mission, last night, KO's qb rating isn't nearly as good. I will grant you that he is pulling the trigger faster than EJ but his accuracy isn't that much better. Furthermore, Watkins had a couple bad drops when KO delivered it nicely? Same crap he did to EJ earlier. He's got to make those easy catches. Don't know that he is always dialed in the way he needs to be. He needs some veteran getting on his butt about focus on EVERY play.

The TD to woods was a brilliant pass. He throws that anywhere else and it is a pick.

Right now we are still the same old bills. Good enough to beat the lesser teams, however they still struggle mightily against the higher tier teams in the league. The defense is overrated great defenses score points, our unit is lacking and it seems they still get picked apart against the better qbs in the league.

The Bills looked great against possibly the worst team in the league. Lucky for the Bills, we got to play them twice.

The Bills are beating bad teams. The only good team they beat was Detroit and that was because Detroit does not have a kicker. When we played the *Pats, we were embarrassed. I think the Bills are a decent team with questionable playcalling and inconsistent OL and QB play. The next 5 games will tell us a lot about the Bills. If they find a way to get to 9 wins, I will say they are a good team.

Do you not consider Miami a good team? They beat them by 19.

Do you think being in the position to drive for a possibly tying score late in the 4th qtr against the Pats* qualifies as being "embarrassed?" The Bills played them closer than the Broncos, Colts, Lions, Bengals - all strong playoff contenders.

I don't disagree that that they are merely a "decent" team, but I think you are downplaying their performances in a couple games. Also, Detroit hasn't had a decent kicker all year yet still managed to beat 7 other teams. They have missed a total of 12 FGs this year. That's like not giving KC credit for their win in Bflo because Bryce fumbled.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Do you think being in the position to drive for a possibly tying score late in the 4th qtr against the Pats* qualifies as being "embarrassed?" The Bills played them closer than the Broncos, Colts, Lions, Bengals - all strong playoff contenders.

I don't disagree that that they are merely a "decent" team, but I think you are downplaying their performances in a couple games. Also, Detroit hasn't had a decent kicker all year yet still managed to beat 7 other teams. They have missed a tota; of 12 FGs this year. That's like not giving KC credit for their win in Bflo because Bryce fumbled.

I was at the Pats game and I felt that we never had a chance to win that game. NE was the superior team all day. Yes, we beat the Dolphins. I don't think they are a very good team.

I think there are a few VERY good teams in the league right now (NE, Denver, GB) and then A bunch of teams all jumbled together. I think the Bills are in the bottom part of that jumble. The Bills are pretty much what their record says. Just above Mediocre.

I was at the Pats game and I felt that we never had a chance to win that game. NE was the superior team all day. Yes, we beat the Dolphins. I don't think they are a very good team.

I think there are a few VERY good teams in the league right now (NE, Denver, GB) and then A bunch of teams all jumbled together. I think the Bills are in the bottom part of that jumble. The Bills are pretty much what their record says. Just above Mediocre.

Well, they did have a chance. They aren't as good as NE, but they handled them better than some of the best teams in the league. Miami is a good team whether you think they are or not. They beat the Pats and they hung 36 on the Broncos in Denver. Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't disagree that that they are merely a "decent" team, but I think you are downplaying their performances in a couple games. Also, Detroit hasn't had a decent kicker all year yet still managed to beat 7 other teams. They have missed a total of 12 FGs this year. That's like not giving KC credit for their win in Bflo because Bryce fumbled.

Who started the Miami win? :)

I think it is fair to say the defense has proven it is good. Maybe not Superbowl caliber, but definitely playoff caliber.

I think it is also fair to say the offense has proven it is not good. It is below average for sure. This week they took a step forward against a bad team and played above average.

Special teams has been fine.

As of right now (above average defense) + (below average offense) + decent special teams = about average football team.

If they can find a way to keep things going offensively, this team could definitely be a playoff team. They are going to have to beat at least one great team (maybe 2 of them) in order to prove that. If they want it bad enough, the talent is there. They just need to adjust the carburetor and run some higher octane gasoline.