Favorite new beer that you have tried recently

Not a beer fan normally but I think I might have found one that's awesome.

Don't like the dark ones, hate all the ones that have a Heineken like aftertaste

Breckinridge Agave Wheat. Anyone had before ? Is this a beer people like or am I drinking the apple martini of beers.

Had 3 huge drafts last night, didn't feel like death after like usual beer does to me

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so if you like Belgian style ales, try some of these Sasions that i think are absolutely fantastic...and i drink as much Saison as i do any other style

And love, love , love the Singel from Hardywood here in Richmond. If you see some ion the store, it is a definite buy

http://www.hardywood.com/content/hardywood-singel

As a Richmonder what are your thoughts on Ardent ? Looks great, but I've been 2x and didn't love any of the beers.

Also Green Flash just opened some monster brewery here, some are acting like that's a huge deal ?

As a Richmonder what are your thoughts on Ardent ? Looks great, but I've been 2x and didn't love any of the beers.

Also Green Flash just opened some monster brewery here, some are acting like that's a huge deal ?

I really like the sweet potato and sage Saison...but i usually can find a way to like most saisons. Love the Hardywood Pumpkin Saison...just a hint of Pumpkin...perfect.

Have two cases of 12 of the big bottles in the garage fridge to last me thru the winter LOL.

Edited by plenzmd1

With the holiday beer selection in full force, here is what is in the fridge at the moment. Magic Hat Snow Roller, Anchor Brewing Christmas Ale, Fat Head Holly Jolly, Elevator Winter Warmer, Great Divide HIbernation Ale, Bells Winter White, Harpoon Winter Warmer, Great Lakes Christmas Ale, Sam Adams Winter White, and a few more that I can't remember.

I love the beer this time of year. I'm really liking genny's winter warmer and rohrbach's kaceys kristmas ale right now.

It's all good man. 4.4 is like a Mormon beer, but drink what you like. I really enjoy Founders All Day which is a really low ABV beer. Tastes good and you're not slurring your words after a 6 pack.

My guts just don't let me drink most beers. Can have 3 miller lights at a show and just turn to crap.

Stomach just turns and puking ain't out of the question. I will go in on some Irish carbombs tho.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

A fantastic American IPA made here in New Zealand.

Dump The Trump - Behemoth Brewery, Auckland NZ

"This beer will build a wall of hops around your taste buds and make Mexico pay for it."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/drinks/77696287/auckland-brewery-creates-antitrump-beer

Is there a comp with higher ABV ? Drank 3 was fine.

That to me is beer Nirvana...finding a beer you love with low ABV. I am on the eternal quest to find good, low ABV, beer.

Love Tank 7 Saison from Boulevard, but its 8.5%...so i drink way more SmartMouth Saison at 5.5% even though i don't like it as much

That to me is beer Nirvana...finding a beer you love with low ABV. I am on the eternal quest to find good, low ABV, beer.

Love Tank 7 Saison from Boulevard, but its 8.5%...so i drink way more SmartMouth Saison at 5.5% even though i don't like it as much

Try the Breckinridge next time you're down in Va Beach. Mix it up off shore drive sells it by the pint/growlers.

Fat Tire has been a favorite of mine this fall. Pairs great with wings!

Also one of my local shops has been carrying a lot of Grimm over the last year. I have yet to have a bad one. I especially like their sour ales.

Fat Tire is a good amber. If you like stouts I recommend Left Hand Milk Stout. A good local IPA is Dogfish Head 60 minute. They have a 90 and 120 for you hop heads. Really good beer IMHO.