Chris Borland entering the DROTY conversation

QCity

If any of you cooped up Buffalo natives are going stir crazy and want to watch some fantastic LB play (and have NFL Gamepass), check out the A-22 film for the any of the last three San Fran games (Rams, Saints, Giants).

I used to watch Wisconsin just to see this kid play but thought he might be a bit undersized for the NFL (he had a bad 40 time at the combine as well), but just *wow* he took it to the next level for sure. He's a sideline-to-sideline tackling machine and his instincts are off the chart. He's stuffing plays in the backfield, breaking up passes, picking off balls, generating pressure, etc, etc, on seemingly every snap. Watching him reminds me of a Sam Mills or maybe a Zach Thomas -- slightly undersized but just has that inherent ability to gravitate towards the ball.

Anyways, he was on special teams the first 6 games and only got to play due to an injury to Willis -- he only has four starts so far, but he's on pace to lead the league in tackles (!) and he's generating DROTY talk.

I watched him at Wisconsin and he was outstanding. Made plays all over the field. Another guy who grew up in OSU's backyard (Dayton) and they didn't bother recruit because of size/speed measurables. Luke Keuchly was another (Cincy).

He wasn't a good fit for Schwartz's D due to size needed at MLB but SF was ideal. Really glad he is excelling.

I watched him at Wisconsin and he was outstanding. Made plays all over the field. Another guy who grew up in OSU's backyard (Dayton) and they didn't bother recruit because of size/speed measurables. Luke Keuchly was another (Cincy).

He wasn't a good fit for Schwartz's D due to size needed at MLB but SF was ideal. Really glad he is excelling.

Good post. A point often understressed is that a guy can look great somewhere and not have been a fit here still.

The question is, what do they do when Bowman and Willis are back?

Bowman played OLB in college, so he could very well move out there to replace Ahmad Brooks, whose cap number balloon from $4.6M in 2014 to $9.6M in 2015 and hasn't been thrilled with his role since Aldon Smith returned.

Bowman played OLB in college, so he could very well move out there to replace Ahmad Brooks, whose cap number balloon from $4.6M in 2014 to $9.6M in 2015 and hasn't been thrilled with his role since Aldon Smith returned.

Thanks for that insight. Wow, what a LB corps that would be!

Although i liked the Bills picks i thought this guy was going to be the next Zac Thomas & that is exactly what he is turning out to be , the guy is just a baller !!

Not only has R. Wilson proved that height has nothing to do with being a good NFL player this guy is another example in a long line of players that have proved the "experts" wrong !!

Edited by T master

If any of you cooped up Buffalo natives are going stir crazy and want to watch some fantastic LB play (and have NFL Gamepass), check out the A-22 film for the any of the last three San Fran games (Rams, Saints, Giants).

I used to watch Wisconsin just to see this kid play but thought he might be a bit undersized for the NFL (he had a bad 40 time at the combine as well), but just *wow* he took it to the next level for sure. He's a sideline-to-sideline tackling machine and his instincts are off the chart. He's stuffing plays in the backfield, breaking up passes, picking off balls, generating pressure, etc, etc, on seemingly every snap. Watching him reminds me of a Sam Mills or maybe a Zach Thomas -- slightly undersized but just has that inherent ability to gravitate towards the ball.

Anyways, he was on special teams the first 6 games and only got to play due to an injury to Willis -- he only has four starts so far, but he's on pace to lead the league in tackles (!) and he's generating DROTY talk.

Definitely wanted him here, kid always made plays, that's ok Harbaugh can bring him over when he becomes the Bills next HC.

Although i liked the Bills picks i thought this guy was going to be the next Zac Thomas & that is exactly what he is turning out to be , the guy is just a baller !!

Not only has R. Wilson proved that height has nothing to do with being a good NFL player this guy is another example in a long line of players that have proved the "experts" wrong !!

Wilson hasn't prived it has no effect, just that it's not insurmountable - incredibly different