Is no practice bad?

Terrakon

We have heard the Bills may have limited practice this week. Is that good or bad? Who knows. I think it may be good. I think getting some space after the last two ridiculous losses may be good for some.

What I think is interesting is that so many players say "they wanna win for the fans," or "win for the people of this town." But, they kind of just say that or say it because fans are loud as !@#$ at the Ralph. That is totally fine.

But, now, after this storm. I think many of them are seeing, for the first time maybe, how great is the City of Good Neighbors. They may have gotten a hold of that greater than them, community feeling.

I live in Florida, but I am a Hamburg, Lakeview, Lackawanna roots guy. Western NY is one of the greatest places in the world and that is the truth. I could go on about the Finger Lakes where I grew up mostly, but All of that is Awesome! I digress...

I truly believe that there is a good core on this team and I think this snow experience may forge them into something special.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes (of course that's why Goodell won't do it). Moving the Browns game to the following Monday after playing this one on Tuesday night doesn't negatively impact either team. The Browns have a short trip home and neither of these teams played on MNF this year so it isn't a disadvantage as many other teams had at least one shortened week from MNF (plus every team plays once on TNF). Plus the Browns have a home game after that.

Yes, it matters. Teams tend to suck after a "bad week" of practice. No practice means the timing is not there, the gameplan is not practiced or discussed in video rooms, positional meetings are not held, etc.. Now on the flip side, the red zone offense can't get any worse!

I'd favor the Jets in this game.

What's the line at this point? The Bills were favored originally but I have to think it has changed.

Last i saw it was still Bills favored -4. With none or limited practice time for Buffalo, I'd take the Jets and the points. Plus they won't turn it over 6 times in this game. I want the Bills to blow the doors off them but i just can't see it.

I'm not shoving it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I do. I honestly do... But we're talking about practice man. What are we talking about? Practice? We're talking about practice, man. We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We ain't talking about the game. We're talking about practice, man.

They can't practice again today. This game should be moved to Tuesday and the Browns game to the following Monday. It's the only fair thing to do. This is a natural disaster that the city needs to deal with.

It's the Bills fault to some degree. Roads closed of course is the proverbial "act of god". But no dome in western NY is all on the Bills.

I would rather play in Jersey

CBF

My wife asked me seriously last night why they didn't just move the game to "NYC". I almost smacked her ;)

I'll add that not only can't they practice, there are lots of guys who need treatment who have not been able to get that.

That is a very good point that I hadn't considered.