Bears may trade Cutler in offseason...

RCOHEN13

Jay Cutler is a guy who has all the tools but doesn't have the heart. This fact has been proven time and time and time again. Look at QBs like Brady and Manning on the sideline when things aren't going right and then look at Cutler when things aren't going right. There is a 180% difference in temperament. They care deeply about winning the game, he doesn't.

Cutler would be a disaster for a Bills fan base that cares deeply about winning. There is no disputing this claim unless you think that Cutler will magically transform himself into a QB who is passionate about winning and hates losing.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Cutler can't make it with 2 tall, legit weapons as WR's in Marshall and Jeffery, a good athletic TE in Bennett, an elite level RB in Forte, and an innovative offensive mind like Trestman, how is he going to do any better here??

Dude has brain lock and makes horrible decisions even when under no pressure way too many times for my liking...

Chi doesnt have the D we have... What i'm saying is that Cutler is a much better QB than we got in Orton. He doesnt miss the "easy" passes. Has the arm strength to throw deep, and has the balls to take risks. However, with our D, and hopefully Cutler having a chip on his shoulder to prove doubters wrong... He wont need to be "superman" out there cuz if he plays just solid, we will have 2nd half leads and can lean on our D and he has the talent to make all the throws.

He can look bad at times, and even though Chi has alot of talent at the skill positions, they know to win, they have to lean on the O.... Here, we can lean on the D and with a QB that actually posseses actual talent... Can be coached into managing the game better (which is also ALOT easier when u have the lead in games rather than getting down 17-0 out of the gate and knowing your D cant stop anyone like in CHI.

Chi doesnt have the D we have... What i'm saying is that Cutler is a much better QB than we got in Orton. He doesnt miss the "easy" passes. Has the arm strength to throw deep, and has the balls to take risks. However, with our D, and hopefully Cutler having a chip on his shoulder to prove doubters wrong... He wont need to be "superman" out there cuz if he plays just solid, we will have 2nd half leads and can lean on our D and he has the talent to make all the throws.

He can look bad at times, and even though Chi has alot of talent at the skill positions, they know to win, they have to lean on the O.... Here, we can lean on the D and with a QB that actually posseses actual talent... Can be coached into managing the game better (which is also ALOT easier when u have the lead in games rather than getting down 17-0 out of the gate and knowing your D cant stop anyone like in CHI.

The defense has nothing to do with it and Cutler is not a much better QB than Orton jhes just on a different team and the grass is always greener . Cutler has had 5 years in Chicago to prove the doubters wrong and the bears fired coach after coach looking to get the most out of Cutler and he still couldn't get it done . Hes one of the only qbs in the league that you can really say that a organization went above and beyond to try and develop.The Bears had a top 5 defense a couple of years ago and he still couldn't get it done. He is surrounded by the most balanced offensive arsenal of perhaps any qb in the league and he still couldn't get it done but hes gonna come here and get it done because .............of the defense ?

The defense has nothing to do with it and Cutler is not a much better QB than Orton jhes just on a different team and the grass is always greener . Cutler has had 5 years in Chicago to prove the doubters wrong and the bears fired coach after coach looking to get the most out of Cutler and he still couldn't get it done . Hes one of the only qbs in the league that you can really say that a organization went above and beyond to try and develop.The Bears had a top 5 defense a couple of years ago and he still couldn't get it done. He is surrounded by the most balanced offensive arsenal of perhaps any qb in the league and he still couldn't get it done but hes gonna come here and get it done because .............of the defense ?

You lost me at the "He's not that much better than Orton" line. That's just absurd. I don't love Cutler, but for the right price i'd gladly take him in Buffalo. He actually makes plays in the passing game. Do you really think with Cutler Buffalo loses to Houston, KC, or Miami? Outside of the two games against the Jets Orton has started 7 games and thrown for 8 TD's and 7 INT's. By comparison he makes Cutler look like Dan Marino.

You lost me at the "He's not that much better than Orton" line. That's just absurd. I don't love Cutler, but for the right price i'd gladly take him in Buffalo. He actually makes plays in the passing game. Do you really think with Cutler Buffalo loses to Houston, KC, or Miami? Outside of the two games against the Jets Orton has started 7 games and thrown for 8 TD's and 7 INT's. By comparison he makes Cutler look like Dan Marino.

exactly... He may not win us a superbowl, but he would be able to get us into the post season which would feel like a super bowl to any Bills fan in their 30's and up who have watched us in this awful drought.

I'm 34 and been die yard since 89 when i started getting really into football. But never in my adult life have i got to see a playoff game... I'd fly anywhere in the country to be able to see a Bills playoff game...

Being realistic, this was the 1st year in a while that we truly HAVE the team to be a playoff squad minus that 1 KEY component.... an NFL. There are only so many true franchise QB's out there... and without a 1st round pick we will be severely shorthanded with assets to trade in this day and age where u see far less player/ player trades.

Of all the QB's that may be out there, he;s the best. He can make all the throws. He may not be Rodgers or Luck, but there are really less than 10 guys that are true franchise guys. Many teams have QB issues but not many have the supporting cast we do.

Adam Shefter reported this morning on countdown that If they want out from Cutlers deal there SEVERAL teams that have expressed interest....

I for one wold LOVE having Cutler. He's had his ups and downs, but has a HUGE arm and with our D, he wont have to be in shootouts where he makes some dumb mistakes.

Even with the huge contract, i'd take him in a second and know he have a REAL QB for the next 5+ yrs. He has all the talent in the world and even without a 1st rounder, if Chi wants to make a change, they wont have much leverage cuz of his contract. We will be way under cap and also, wont have a 1st round pick to sign (even tho they arent as pricey as used to be). We NEED to keep Hughes and hopefully extend Dareus but they will pick up option on Dareus rookie deal and hopefully he doesnt hold out to get paid like he truly deserves to.

This team is a QB away from being a true playoff team. We dont need a tier 1 QB like Manning, Brady etc.. i'd be 100% fine with a guy like Cutler who in right system can really excel and would not miss those red zone throws Orton has been missing BADLY last 2 games.

Could be very interesting option and not many teams will have cap room !

GO BILLS

Strange dude. But yeah, I'd sign him if they cut him. Sure. But no way I'm taking on that contract. Guy's pretty scattered.

This is the last guy you want to see here. Forget about his arm. It's connected to his head, and that's where it goes all wrong. Here is just one sample from the Chicago media:

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20141216/sports/141218770/

Sounds like our guy. What are we waiting for?

I kid. But seriously, it's obvious those who think Cutler is an upgrade don't actually watch him play.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Sounds like our guy. What are we waiting for?

I kid. But seriously, it's obvious those who think Cutler is an upgrade don't actually watch him play.

Lets not be cute. Cutler has been in the league now what 10years or thereabouts? Everyone here has watched him play.

I'd love to have the problem of a QB who will throw for 4,000yds this season with 30+ TD's...at the right price of course (b/c of the negatives - which do exist).

But lets not pretend he's replacing Jim Kelly here right now.

Edited by bobobonators

Lets not be cute. Cutler has been in the league now what 10years or thereabouts? Everyone here has watched him play.

I'd love to have the problem of a QB who will throw for 4,000yds this season with 30+ TD's.

LOL...4,000 and 5 wins.

Did you like the game Orton had against Denver? That game X 16 is Cutler's stat line.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Is Cutler an upgrade over Orton or EJ - Yes. Only question would be how much would he cost. But that's just my opinion.

And yet so true.

To a certain extent man but you know that's not the entire story. And again, he's not coming here to replace a pro bowl QB. WE're talking about EJ and Orton man.