Trade for Manziel

Tu-Toned

No thanks. Browns can keep him

The Bills have went over a decade without a franchise QB and what has it gotten us?

We will all never agree on the same QB, and none of us can predict a players future, but from a team perspective we can all agree we need a good QB to throw it Sammy or he gets wasted like Eric Moulds.

We need a QB...

Manziel has shown himself to be immature. He's yet to prove he can play at the NFL level. Stay away.

That would be crazy if he had proven that he can play at the NFL level because he would be the first player in NFL history to prove that he can play at the NFL level without actually playing at the NFL level.

The Bills have went over a decade without a franchise QB and what has it gotten us?.

Nobody is denying we need a Quarterback as far as I can see? I said before the last week that I feared Orton's performance would dip back into line with his career average and it has. EJ was going backwards if anything at the point Marrone pulled him I don't see myself how they go back to him.

BUT I don't see Jonny Manziel as an answer. His game does not look like the game of an NFL Quarterback to me. I said before the draft and I stick by it - his ceiling is Vince Young. He will make some big plays and some big throws and will have some exciting wins (might even make a pro bowl as Young did) but his game simply does not have the basic ingredients that you see in successful NFL Quarterbacks... even some of the modern "dual threat" guys.

Some people are still in love with Manziel the college Quarterback. I don't think you will see that Manziel in the NFL.

That isn't me saying stand by the status quo. It is saying let's look for someone better suited. And all those guys saying take 5 or 6 QBs to camp..... you can't do that now. The CBA limits camp reps. There is no way you can have a genuine competition with 5 or 6 guys and come out of that with a starter who knows the playbook well enough to execute on a Sunday when the season starts.

I'm honestly at a loss as to where we go for a Quarterback. I think I'd try and bring Sam Bradford in for 2015 if he can get healthy and the Rams cut him. But longer term I'm convinced the only answer is to draft one and take our medicine and see a year or more of inconsistent play but consistent growth before he starts performing at a high level.... or be willing to sit him for a year.

So....you think we should have EJ Manuel, Kyle Orton, Johnny Football, Sam Bradford, and a drafted QB?!

That seems a little excessive and expensive towards the cap and lacking even more drafts picks. Pretty much guaranteeing we have one draft pick in the first four rounds and we use that on a QB. Then cut 3 of those QBs after camp?

I do not agree with that approach.

Absolutely. QBs are that important. In fact, that may not be enough for us to find 'our guy'

I'd give up our next two entire drafts and more if it got us a stud QB. If we have to go with the shotgun approach to find a QB so be it.

This team has two maybe three holes, Maybe TE, G, and QB. Those first two dont mean squat if we have a good QB. This team would have 1-2 loses at most with Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck etc. Heck we may even be undefeated!!!!

Bringing in 5, 10, 20, QBs is not excessive in the least. We need to find one. It is our only true hole. It has been our only true hole for 20 years.

WE WILL NOT BE BETTER THAN A PERPETUAL 7-9 UNTIL WE FIND A STUD QUARTERBACK!!!!!

We have the best D in the league and we are a .500 football team

WE WILL NOT BE BETTER THAN A PERPETUAL 7-9 UNTIL WE FIND A STUD QUARTERBACK!!!!!

Does ANYONE hink we will EVER beat Brady and Bellicheat without a stud QB? Peyton Manning cant even beat them!

Spiller Lynch Jackson Mcgahee - running backs dont matter and haven't changed a thing

Watkins Goodwin M Williams Robert Woods - WRs cant throw the ball to themselves

And, as evidenced by the last 20 years

Have I made my point yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Once we find a QB - you can spend the next 10-20 years building a team around him. If its Manziel GREAT! The kid is 21. He can play for 15 years. BUilding a team around him will be the easy part. The hard and near impossible part is finding a stud QB. Put ALL of your resources, 100% of your resources, into gfinding a stud QB. Everything else should get ZERO thought until that goal is obtained.

And just for good measure - WE WILL NOT BE BETTER THAN A PERPETUAL 7-9 UNTIL WE FIND A STUD QUARTERBACK!!!!!

Edited by peterpan

Absolutely. QBs are that important. In fact, that may not be enough for us to find 'our guy'

I'd give up our next two entire drafts and more if it got us a stud QB. If we have to go with the shotgun approach to find a QB so be it.

This team has two maybe three holes, Maybe TE, G, and QB. Those first two dont mean squat if we have a good QB. This team would have 1-2 loses at most with Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck etc. Heck we may even be undefeated!!!!

Bringing in 5, 10, 20, QBs is not excessive in the least. We need to find one. It is our only true hole. It has been our only true hole for 20 years.

We have the best D in the league and we are a .500 football team

Does ANYONE hink we will EVER beat Brady and Bellicheat without a stud QB? Peyton Manning cant even beat them!

Spiller Lynch Jackson Mcgahee - running backs dont matter and haven't changed a thing

Watkins Goodwin M Williams Robert Woods - WRs cant throw the ball to themselves

And, as evidenced by the last 20 years

Have I made my point yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Once we find a QB - you can spend the next 10-20 years building a team around him. If its Manziel GREAT! The kid is 21. He can play for 15 years. BUilding a team around him will be the easy part. The hard and near impossible part is finding a stud QB. Put ALL of your resources, 100% of your resources, into gfinding a stud QB. Everything else should get ZERO thought until that goal is obtained.

And just for good measure - WE WILL NOT BE BETTER THAN A PERPETUAL 7-9 UNTIL WE FIND A STUD QUARTERBACK!!!!!

Screaming dribble only peter pan can deliver. yea, they need to find a QB they can spend the next 20 years building around. Maybe tinker bell will make more sense on getting a "stud quarterback".

Screaming dribble only peter pan can deliver. yea, they need to find a QB they can spend the next 20 years building around. Maybe tinker bell will make more sense on getting a "stud quarterback".

Unfortunately for you, nothing I said is false.

Ask the Pats, Colts, Packers, Saints, Chargers etc etc etc

Or we could use them as a dual headed QB Monster. We are having so much

trouble finding our next franchise QB, lets's build one out of those two.

We will call him E Johnny Manuziel. Or let them compete and pray that

one emerges.

Package Spiller and our fourth for him. I am sure that Pettine would help an

old crony out.

3 words

NO Fracking Way

if you want a trade with Cleveland go for Hoyer over johnny fut ball

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

regarding Manziel. Would the Browns be foolish enough to trade him for our 2016 first rounder?

It's the Browns, nothing is foolish in their organization. They traded a 2nd round pick to love up one spot to pick Keller Winslow. Then they took Trent Richardson and traded him the next year.

They have a good problem on their hands, but if they ultimately choose the wrong qb it's going to be crazy there. Hoyer has proven he can play, but the fan base is probably energized over the stigma of JF. I wouldn't mind seeing the one they choose to part ways with competing on our team

Haha.

1) He was awful in the preseason. Like worse than Manuel.

2) We would want him bench if he struggle after 14 games anyways.

3) All his college coach does is make good QBs. He played with a beast of a 6'5" wr, top top 5 OTs, and in a great system.

But any other Qb rather than ours, right? Give me Sumlin over Manziel. That midget has bust all over him.