Open Letter To Russ Brandon

mEAz

Dear Russ Brandon,

You have been in the Bills organization since 1996. Since that time, you have gone from marketing guru to President. As I'm sure you are well aware, we haven't made the playoffs since 1999. On behalf of the Bills fanbase, please hire a staff that can use innovation in the new NFL. Over the past 15 years, we have lost with the same boring conservative decisions. This year, we have a defense that is playoff worthy, however our offense/coaching has been subpar. This is unfair to the guys that pour their hearts out on that defense. You must feel for Kyle Williams, who has been here for most of this pathetic ride.

If you don't feel that a change in coach is necessary, please go back and watch Marrone's opening press conference. He stated that we would be innovative...where is the innovation?? If that doesn't change your mind, then maybe it's time for you to take a step back. You can not accept the play not to lose philosophy, you must embrace the play to win mantra. You can't be conservative when you don't have a top level qb. For sure, you must know this. If any of this is a revelation, than it may be time for you to move one.

Thank you for your time with the organization.

Sincerely,

Bills Fans

He already thought he hired that guy.

You trust him to do it again?

Sorry but he's out of his element in this organization. Doing a good job with the marketing side of things warrants a promotion to team president in charge of hiring the GM and the coach?

Remember he left no stone unturned.

All that being said I still think the bigger problem is Marrones hiring of Pat Morris and Hackett...who'd struggle as a high school OC.

He already thought he hired that guy.

You trust him to do it again?

Sorry but he's out of his element in this organization. Doing a good job with the marketing side of things warrants a promotion to team president in charge of hiring the GM and the coach?

Remember he left no stone unturned.

All that being said I still think the bigger problem is Marrones hiring of Pat Morris and Hackett...who'd struggle as a high school OC.

No, I don't trust him...I was really just being facetious. I just want him to step down, or be demoted...the fish rots from the head down.

Didn't Pegula remove Brandon from football decisions already? Are you going to send that or just talk tough on a message board?

I can most certainly send it...just let me know the best place to send it

Dear Bills fans,

The next 3 seasons are done. There is ZERO hope. Find better things to do on Sundays, there is a lot more rewarding stuff the watching this league become a shell of what it used to be. The league caters to teams and markets, and the faster you all understand that, the better you will ALL be.

Signed,

REALITY

Edited by Like A Mofo

Didn't Pegula remove Brandon from football decisions already? Are you going to send that or just talk tough on a message board?

Russ hasn't made a football decision since...well...ever.

Even when he was "GM", those decisions were being made by Modrak and Guy. Today, Whaley makes literally every football decision.

If you want to categorize Russ's promotion of Whaley as a football decision, then I guess that qualifies as one.

Anyway, he certainly isn't in charge of deciding on that stuff now, so this letter is decidedly pointless.

No offense intended.

Dear Bills fans,

The next 3 seasons are done. There is ZERO hope. Find better things to do on Sundays, there is a lot more rewarding stuff the watching this league become a shell of what it used to be. The league caters to teams and markets, and the faster you all understand that, the better you will ALL be.

Signed,

REALITY

Totally, completely, 100% false in literally every way.

Totally, completely, 100% false in literally every way.

Oh really?

Based on what?

Zero 1st rounder in 2015: A terrible HC, no answers at QB, a bad OL, terrible cover corners, and LB'ers that are severaly overrated.

And you better believe Hughes will leave.

What hope?

ZERO

Dear Bills fans,

Signed,

REALITY

:cry:

CBF

Whats the big deal? Its the bills! Pegula should just start calling plays. Why not.

New rule: No more punting or field goals/PATs for the rest of the season. - It would free up a roster spot because we could let carpenter go. Lets set a record for most 4th down attempts in a season.

Russ Brandon's best choice was his alum buddy Doug Marrone, and he wants him to stay as HC for continuity sake. Brandon needs to go back to just figuring out a way to better the marketing dept, as he has proven he is pretty much useless at everything else.

Now write a letter to the new owners who will actually make the changes.

Dear Russ Brandon,

You have been in the Bills organization since 1996. Since that time, you have gone from marketing guru to President. As I'm sure you are well aware, we haven't made the playoffs since 1999. On behalf of the Bills fanbase, please hire a staff that can use innovation in the new NFL. Over the past 15 years, we have lost with the same boring conservative decisions. This year, we have a defense that is playoff worthy, however our offense/coaching has been subpar. This is unfair to the guys that pour their hearts out on that defense. You must feel for Kyle Williams, who has been here for most of this pathetic ride.

If you don't feel that a change in coach is necessary, please go back and watch Marrone's opening press conference. He stated that we would be innovative...where is the innovation?? If that doesn't change your mind, then maybe it's time for you to take a step back. You can not accept the play not to lose philosophy, you must embrace the play to win mantra. You can't be conservative when you don't have a top level qb. For sure, you must know this. If any of this is a revelation, than it may be time for you to move one.

Thank you for your time with the organization.

Sincerely,

Bills Fans

You are wasting your time writing letters to Brandon; he's a dead man walking, unless he is willing to shrink into a purely marketing type position.

Not that "open letters" mean a darned thing..but if you must write one...write it to Pegula.

Oh really?

Based on what?

They have a LOT of talent on both sides of the ball.

Zero 1st rounder in 2015: A terrible HC, no answers at QB, a bad OL, terrible cover corners, and LB'ers that are severaly overrated.

I wasn't aware that the only way to get better was with a 1st round pick. See, I always thought that NFL teams are allowed to draft in rounds 2-7 (where the Bills have 7 picks), hire new coaches, sign FAs, and get players back from injury (i.e. Kiko). Did those rules change, or are you basing this on the idea that the same guy will be running the team as the last 55 years?

Also, you're kidding yourself if you think this team has "terrible" cover CBs and no LBs. It sounds like you're dealing in emotion and not logic, which is understandable, just not well-suited to a reasonable discussion.

And you better believe Hughes will leave.

For what? To get the same money and have (likely) less success as a player? That's crazy. If Buffalo offers him a competitive deal (think $9M-$10M/year) he'll stay. Oh, and there's also the franchise tag if they really want to keep him...so, you know...probably not.

Russ Brandon's best choice was his alum buddy Doug Marrone, and he wants him to stay as HC for continuity sake. Brandon needs to go back to just figuring out a way to better the marketing dept, as he has proven he is pretty much useless at everything else. Now write a letter to the new owners who will actually make the changes.

Except that Whaley/Nix made the final call on Marrone, not Brandon.

Brandon hasn't made a football decision ever...I really don't know why folks are so bent on making that case.

You are wasting your time writing letters to Brandon; he's a dead man walking, unless he is willing to shrink into a purely marketing type position. Not that "open letters" mean a darned thing..but if you must write one...write it to Pegula.

He's going to very likely be retained as team president to ease the ownership transition--which the NFL is very happy about. The owners love Russ, and since he's been the one attending the meetings for the last 21 months, it's a smart move. Also, the only decisions taken out of his hands will be voting on ownership matters at NFL meetings and setting the team's budgets. He really didn't have any other football-related burdens to carry (that's on Whaley).