Are you ready to admit Orton's the problem yet?

Oberyn

Never seen such blind devotion in my life to a mediocre journeyman qb who won 3 games by the skin of his teeth as bills fans to King Orton. I hope you are all FINALLY ready to admit that he was put in by a coaching staff desperate to save their own jobs at the expense of the future growth of this franchise.

You present this as though it's not blatantly obvious.

Did anyone not think that was the case?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say Orton is the problem. The offense has A LOT of problems. Orton isn't the answer. He's not very good. Anybody saying he is better than EJ is wrong. They have basically the same record and the same stats. Orton's TD #s are propped up by the Jets game.

My argument from the beginning was that the problems on offense were not all EJ's fault. These last 6 games have shown that to be correct. I would like to see EJ back as the starter immediately to give him a chance to play in some winnable games rather than throw him back in after Orton sucks for another few weeks and making EJ face NE, GB and Denver.

But, to be honest, it does not matter. This staff is GONE after the season and a new coach will be here next year.

I'm not here to defend Orton, who played badly last night, but qb won-loss records is the ultimate bs stat. This isn't baseball, and they're not starting pitchers.

I agree to a point. But the bottom line is wins. Last weeks game for me was HUGE for Orton. He had the chance to win the game and did not do it. Marrone wanted "production at the position" and he's not getting it. Orton has zero mobility. Locks onto receivers, make terrible throws, panics in the pocket. He's just not very good. We may as well play EJ and see if he can develop some consistency. He's had some very nice games early in his career that I'd like to see if he can build on.

He can't roll out. He can't move the pocket. His coordinator sucks. His HC makes questionable calls. Seeing Orton shaking his head last night because he had no answers did it for me. This team is going nowhere this year but the one good thing is that EJ is getting to watch and learn from a veteran. 7-9 here we come. SSDY

Never seen such blind devotion in my life to a mediocre journeyman qb who won 3 games by the skin of his teeth as bills fans to King Orton. I hope you are all FINALLY ready to admit that he was put in by a coaching staff desperate to save their own jobs at the expense of the future growth of this franchise.

Nobody is a bigger EJ fan or Orton realist than me. But I think they were looking for a spark, not to save their jobs.

As for Orton, he won and had a couple of good games. I thought some posters went a bit overboard on Orton and ignored that he already defined the type of player he is over the past decade, but the guy did make some plays and it was fun.

I'm okay with him finishing the season (barring further regression in his play) so EJ can continue to observe and learn from him. After all, regardless of whether a fan loves or hates EJ, it's in the the team's best interest if EJ learns from Orton and then blows him away in camp next year.

To me it seems that Orton is worse when the pressure is greater. Maybe that's normal, but we obviously need better. I'm not talking pressure by the defense, I mean pressure on him to deliver, because the particular game ("must win"), or circumstance in the game - calls on him to deliver. Hell, he knows if he plays lights out and heroically in those circumstances, he'd be a Bills god and secure his future. Or, the opposite, fail, and the Bills are just one more team in his turnstile career. We got the latter, which is what we should have expected.

If you leave him in now, when the playoff pressure is off, hell, he might start to deliver again, but will we really be learning anything? Why not start EJ, and by the end of the season find out whether he actually has any future with this team. We should pretty much know what we have with Orton by now. He's not the savior riding the white horse.

I have...

EJ

RJ

JP

Trent

I can go on...

BTW as bad as Orton is, EJ is worse and will never be anything more than Orton at best even with Experience.

I've never seen such blind devotion to a coaching staff. I do hope you are ready to admit they suck.

even if you still love Marrone & Hackett. Both Phil Simms / Deion Sanders both think its the coaching that stinks in Buffalo.

That one was painful. So much of pro sports is about "momentum" which is really confidence and psychology.

With a better QB that pass is an easy touchdown. What does that do the game at that moment? How does it "shift momentum" and so on? These games at the NFL level often come down to 3 or 4 critical plays. That missed TD was one of them last night!

Without above average to great QB play, you are nothing in the NFL.

Stating the obvious, I know.

BTW as bad as Orton is, EJ is worse and will never be anything more than Orton at best even with Experience.

This is the thing that drives me nuts about the EJ haters. You have no idea if he will or will not get better. Neither do I. Nobody does. I know he has had some good games, I know that he is mobile. I know that he has had game winning drives. I know that Orton has had 10 years to show what he is. He's decent. But he's not getting the job done. I'd like EJ to be playing, getting experience, building confidence and building chemistry with his receivers. It makes no sense to me to waste any more time with Orton.

Now, I know someone is going to say "Orton is so much better. Look at the stats. 64% completion percentage vs EJ's 58%". That equates to approximately 2 extra completions per game. Give it a rest. Orton is playing like crap and does not "Give us a better chance to win". They are both .500 and Orton has has a couple games handed to him (NYJ and Detroit).

Play EJ for the rest of the year so the next coach will have some tape to look at to decide if he can make something out of him or not. Let Orton retire again and play patty cake with his daughter.

Edited by Maddog69

Orton is bad, very bad. Given that, EJ has proven Orton, or almost anyone else, is better. The Bills need to find a QB or the smartest Off Coord ever before next season. EJ and Orton have both proven that they are not the answer and Hackett is standing right next to them. Orton might be adequate if we can get a better OC but the only way EJ plays again is if Orton gets hurt or the Bills give up on the season and don't want Orton back.

This is the thing that drives me nuts about the EJ haters. You have no idea if he will or will not get better. Neither do I. Nobody does. I know he has had some good games, I know that he is mobile. I know that he has had game winning drives. I know that Orton has had 10 years to show what he is. He's decent. But he's not getting the job done. I'd like EJ to be playing, getting experience, building confidence and building chemistry with his receivers. It makes no sense to me to waste any more time with Orton.

Now, I know someone is going to say "Orton is so much better. Look at the stats. 64% completion percentage vs EJ's 58%". That equates to approximately 2 extra completions per game. Give it a rest. Orton is playing like crap and does not "Give us a better chance to win". They are both .500 and Orton has has a couple games handed to him (NYJ and Detroit).

Play EJ for the rest of the year so the next coach will have some tape to look at to decide if he can make something out of him or not. Let Orton retire again and play patty cake with his daughter.

I've commented on the underlined before, but this is where all the friction between the EJ fans and EJ haters lies.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I firmly believe EJ has shown enough to prove he doesn't have it and never will.

Of course players (especially QBs) develop over time, especially at the NFL level! Of course being a good QB in the NFL is one of the hardest jobs in pro sports.

But the failures and shortcomings of EJ aren't not things you "grow out of".

And I don't just mean inaccuracy. That's the tip of the iceberg with that guy.

This is how I feel. Maybe EJ learned something by watching, maybe he didn't, but I'm sick of hearing he will never be good and thats it. If Marrone holds him out all year its more about his stubbornness than anything IMO Edited by Captain Hindsight

Yes, he was put in because it was painfully obvious he was the best option available. EJ will have his chance but clearly wasn't ready.

Ive never given 2 craps who our QB is and never will as long as the performance is there. Neither QB has performed well this season. No QBs performed well last season.

CJ became a non factot when healthy.

Woods has regressed.

Mike Williams never plays.

Chandler has disappeared.

Lets call a spade a spade - regardless of the players, NH is a kid coaching against men. Hes been and continues to be out of his element. All the signs are there pointing the big fat arrow at his head for problem #1.