How many losses until EJ plays again?

Once the Bills are officially eliminated from the P word EJ goes back in.

We all can see what Orton is. A 10 year pro who can play well, but not enough to climb to the upper ranks of the NFL

TROLLS please do not respond. It is my opinion not yours.

If EJ continues to play bad then OBD knows it has to search for the next QB in 2015

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this post seemed to stir up the dust a little.

I personally feel that EJ will be a better QB in his next showing then his last few showings. QBs are a weird beast in the NFL as when they are on the field they are always the center of attention each offensive play. If a rookie WR runs the wrong route, or a rookie OL makes the wrong read and messes up his block, there are other factors involved to help them out. If the rookie/2nd year QB runs the wrong play that is called, the whole offense will look like crap. So in year 2, you would expect him to progress through the playbook. But no one expected our OL to play like crap. We have seen Orton take sacks left and right, never saw that from EJ maybe because he didnt wait for those longer routes to develop. Our running game has crapped out because of the OL inability to establish blocks.

I honestly feel if our OL performed more like they did last season, we would have saw progression from EJ. Orton's experience has helped offset the OL performance because he understands defenses alot more and has seen alot of different fronts. I really like the fact that EJ is getting to run with the scout team against our starting Def. That will make him a better QB as we do have a solid Def.

I really hope he has progressed, because I dont want to wait until 2016 draft to find out QB of the future which will take 1-2 years to develop. This defensive effort will go to waste and then we will have a glaring hole there when we get that QB situated.

So why are you talking about how we have EJ flak for certain things when his faults are much greater than Orton's? Seems kind of dumb to equate your complaining to two players who aren't close to making the same amount of mistakes.

Why am I smh about giving a 2nd year QB with 14 starts flak and excusing a 10-year vet with over 70 starts for doing the same thing? Gee, let me think.

As I said, if/when the Bills are out of playoff contention, EJ goes back in because the book on Orton will have been written in stone. And then Orton gets cut after the season.

Why am I smh about giving a 2nd year QB with 14 starts flak and excusing a 10-year vet with over 70 starts for doing the same thing? Gee, let me think.

EJ and Peyton have both thrown interceptions, why don't you complain about them equally?

Edited by FireChan

What is the magical record the team needs to have before they decide to put EJ back in as the starter to see if he has progressed any during his "practice" season on the bench?

I say if we reach loss number 6 during the next 4 weeks, they put him back in for remainder of season to finally decide if he has a future with the team.

Or do they officially wait until next preseason (Sans injury)?

I very rarely poke fun at spelling or grammar on TBD. But, the error is in the title, common' man!

Ironic post of the week. C'mon Man

Damn Maddog..you beat me to it..

But I am a Common Man :-D

FYI, just fixed the title...totally missed it... Blame Microsoft and my addiction to auto correct spelling. :-)

Edited by rsxfirefighter

Under what circumstances could they feel EJ will have a better chance for success than Orton? Hopefully, they'll sign a free agent who may even put Orton on the bench.

Well that's my point. If OBD really still believes in EJ, I suppose they have to give him the last few games this year to see what he shows and if it goes well enough, give him a chance to win the job in camp next year. I agree it is not likely to go well for EJ and unlikely he will be the starter next year. If OBD feels the same way, you have to conclude Orton will enter camp in 2015 as the clear starter and if that's the plan, I don't see how you sit Orton instead of giving him as many snaps as possible this season to continue working on his coordination with this group of WRs.

There's also the issue of Orton's contract. He's not going to sign here unless they give him a pretty solid assurance that he will start in 2015.

It's complicated and unfortunately, this situation seems worse than it was two years ago. I don't think either guy is the answer, which means they better be taking a hard look at QBs in the draft again.

We all can see what Orton is. A 10 year pro who can play well, but not enough to climb to the upper ranks of the NFL

If EJ continues to play bad then OBD knows it has to search for the next QB in 2015

I don't disagree that is probably a good idea to give him a shot if you know the season is over, but do you think if there is a chance for a winning(or just a better record) these coaches would do that? EJ is their pick so, if they are not here after the season he may not get a chance at all with another staff. I know it seems counter intuitive, but would it be better to keep Orton in for that reason?

I understand the let's see what he's got/learned, but if the coaches feel they won't be here, would they really care? They won't even play established players that will help them win now(Urbik, Mike Williams) why would they care about the future of a franchise they may not be part of?

The problem for any Bills QB over the final 4 weeks is facing NE and Denver on the road and GB at Home. Plus travelling Oakland with them trying for their only win of the year. The final 4 games are going to be ugly no matter who is under center. That's why the loss to KC hurts so much.

I don't disagree that is probably a good idea to give him a shot if you know the season is over, but do you think if there is a chance for a winning(or just a better record) these coaches would do that? EJ is their pick so, if they are not here after the season he may not get a chance at all with another staff. I know it seems counter intuitive, but would it be better to keep Orton in for that reason?

I understand the let's see what he's got/learned, but if the coaches feel they won't be here, would they really care? They won't even play established players that will help them win now(Urbik, Mike Williams) why would they care about the future of a franchise they may not be part of?

If EJ fails, the Bills get a higher draft pick. The new staff would appreciate the effort.

If EJ actually has improved ..... it's a Win Win no?

The problem for any Bills QB over the final 4 weeks is facing NE and Denver on the road and GB at Home. Plus travelling Oakland with them trying for their only win of the year. The final 4 games are going to be ugly no matter who is under center. That's why the loss to KC hurts so much.

Which makes it all the better to see if EJ has the right stuff.

Either way I don't see the Bills winning against 2 those of 3.. I'm holding out the GB has a lapse

oh and if you are worried about Oakland.... wow ye of little faith ;)

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

If EJ fails, the Browns get a higher draft pick. The new staff would appreciate the effort.

Win Win for Mike Petine

Which makes it all the better to see if EJ has the right stuff.

Either way I don't see the Bills winning against 2 those of 3.. I'm holding out the GB has a lapse

Fixed!!