Flinch

norton20

is the argument that he was coached to flinch just enough to draw the opponent offside but not enough to get a penalty?

If this is true, this is either evil genius level strategy (with poor execution) or just plain ridiculous.

If I owned the team, this type of crap would be ground for firing.

Just line up and snap the ball. Push forward for 6 inches and get the first down.

trying to draw them of is pathetic.

they all do it every team, they all line up and try to draw the other team with the hard count or slight hand flex or forearm movement...watch other games get a a sense of reality

as for the bills we cant win when it's hat on hat, line is blown up

Edited by CardinalScotts

they all do it every team, they all line up and try to draw the other team with the hard count or slight hand flex or forearm movement...watch other games get a a sense of reality

as for the bills we cant win when it's hat on hat, line is blown up

Once again poor execution by the player :bag:

they have both guys on the line, and in the center of the field giving perspective from both angles.

You can't see it on TV who made the call. There was only one guy who did - and he had the angle of the original vine.

Not gonna lie, whilst in stadium, had I had a d-cell battery, I would've chucked it. (And I was stone cold sober.) Now I see it wasn't such a flagrant call.

I seriously thought it wasn't fair that we were not allowed to get at that guy. LOL........And, I was sober, too.

You can't see it on TV who made the call. There was only one guy who did - and he had the angle of the original vine.

At this point I'm not sure what to say. I feel like there's a contingent that would rather say maybe the refs got lucky making up a call and it happened to be correct. You could see the movement in the original clip too, just not as clearly (in no small part due tout being blurry video).

It's ok to simply say "oh, they got it right"

I already said that. I'm addressing what you said. There was only one guy making that call, and he had the angle that the first vine video did. Not this angle.

As opposed to "pretty darn clear, and from the refs POV it shouldve been very obvious."

Who was arguing....it was an "obvious" call

I was convinced the call was B.S. until seeing this video. The replays they showed at the game were from a different angle that made it look like there was zero flinching. So it looked like an exceptionally bad call. Even after seeing that other video I still didn't think that the flinch was enough movement to warrant a false start. But after seeing this I completely changed my mind. It does look like the ref got it right and I feel stupid for thinking otherwise.

I was convinced the call was B.S. until seeing this video. The replays they showed at the game were from a different angle that made it look like there was zero flinching. So it looked like an exceptionally bad call. Even after seeing that other video I still didn't think that the flinch was enough movement to warrant a false start. But after seeing this I completely changed my mind. It does look like the ref got it right and I feel stupid for thinking otherwise.

Well done. I have been watching football for a long, long time. It still amazes me how a different angle can show what seems to be a completely different result sometimes. Sometimes you can swear the ball hits the ground and then you find is surely didn't. TV cameras, especially the angles, can really fool you.

I didn't have a problem with this call at the time and now I have even less of a problem with it. My issue remains with the Chandler penalty. It negated a first down and we end up punting on that drive. Anyone have a vine on that one?

I thought that was a terrible call. I have not seen that play highlighted anywhere.