Thursday decides whether or not this is "same old Bills"...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the Bears, Lions, and Vikings games prove it as well? Jets and Fish?

If we could just swap those 3 NFC wins for HOU, SD and KC we'd be in much better shape. Just a weird season but not SOB. This club is better than recent years but heavily weighted towards the D.

Did the Bears, Lions, and Vikings games prove it as well? Jets and Fish?

Come on. The heaviness of being a must win game was not nearly at the height it was this past week.

Basically saying we won games so we can't be the same team. The same old Bills blow it when it matters most. That's what they did, even after 2 weeks of preparation.

I do hope they prove me wrong down the line.

Come on. The heaviness of being a must win game was not nearly at the height it was this past week.

Basically saying we won games so we can't be the same team. The same old Bills blow it when it matters most. That's what they did, even after 2 weeks of preparation.

I do hope they prove me wrong down the line.

^^^ This

Until they can prove they can win when the pressure is on they are the same. The reason the team is doing well against the NFC North is Schwartz's familiarity of the division and, while nice, those are the games you want to lose(if the team could choose).

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

Finnigan is a big loss? Who is his backup, Justin Rodgers?

Finn is a huge loss. Huge. Jamar Taylor will take his place, and he's a huge liability in my opinion. I doubt Grimes will get many balls thrown his way, and for good reason, so Taylor better expect to have a busy night. I'm guessing we will have Jimmy Wilson provide him some much needed help for most of the night.

Dallas Thomas at RT is even more of a concern. 2 TE sets all night I can only hope.

They should just start this game already. How cool is it to have such a meaningful game in week 11.

This is a great thread and if/when we win this game it'll be good to see the doubters admit that it's not the same old Bills that Marrone is building.

Finn is a huge loss. Huge. Jamar Taylor will take his place, and he's a huge liability in my opinion. I doubt Grimes will get many balls thrown his way, and for good reason, so Taylor better expect to have a busy night. I'm guessing we will have Jimmy Wilson provide him some much needed help for most of the night.

Dallas Thomas at RT is even more of a concern. 2 TE sets all night I can only hope.

I wouldn't bet that Grimes gets the night off, he's just not that good.

They should just start this game already. How cool is it to have such a meaningful game in week 11.

This is a great thread and if/when we win this game it'll be good to see the doubters admit that it's not the same old Bills that Marrone is building.

I wouldn't bet that Grimes gets the night off, he's just not that good.

Grimes might be playing the best corner in the NFL this year. Grimes is the truth.

IF the Bills can win the next 3 AND go 2-2 in the final quarter, they make 10-6. 5 Wins= @Mia, NYJ, Clev, @Oak, GB

For the competition, I'll list games where they have a higher (than 50-50) chance of losing:

AFCW

KC 6-3: SEA, DEN, @AZ, @Pitt, SD. Lose 4 of 5. 9-7

SD 5-4: Pats, Den, @SF, @KC. Lose 3 of 4. 9-7

AFCN:

Clev 6-3: @Buf, Ind, @CAR, @Balt, Cin. Lose Ind, @Buf, and one of @Balt or Cin, so Pitt wins division and Bills win head-to-head.

Cinc 5-3-1: @NO, Pitt, @Clev, Den, @Pitt. Lose any 3 and they are 9-6-1.

Pitt 5-4: NO, @Cin, KC, Cin. Easiest schedule. Hope they win division (Bills have the head-to-head over Clev). Pitt needs to beat Cin twice in case Clev and Pitt are 10-6.

Balt 5-4: @NO, SD, @Mia, Clev. Lose 3 and they are 9-7.

Scenarios:

1. It's all moot if Bills don't take care of business.

2. If KC only loses 3 more games, then Pitt needs to win AFCN so Bills have tie breaker with Clev. I don't see SD doing better than 9-7.

3. If KC loses 4 more games, then most likely Pitt and Clev get in as Div winner and WC, with Bills as the other WC.

It would've been a hell of a lot easier had the Bills beat KC, but I believe they still have a pretty decent shot with #2 be most likely.

I love the optimism. Let's hope the Bills can pull it off.

He's good, he's just not that good. There's no way they don't try and get Watkins the ball against a 5'10 corner, and that is the truth :mellow:

He's playing the best corner in the NFL this season... better than Peterson, better than Revis -- not sure how that translates to "not that good". I'm with you on Watkins, there's no reason not to get him the ball, but don't be surprised if Grimes makes a few plays tonight. He's legit. At 5'10 he more than held his own against the 6'5 Megatron and already took a TD away from Watkins in week 2.

brent-grimes-int-against-detroit-b.gif?w=640&h=348

He's playing the best corner in the NFL this season... better than Peterson, better than Revis -- not sure how that translates to "not that good". I'm with you on Watkins, there's no reason not to get him the ball, but don't be surprised if Grimes makes a few plays tonight. He's legit. At 5'10 he more than held his own against the 6'5 Megatron and already took a TD away from Watkins in week 2.

I agree that he is a good corner who is playing well. I just don't see him as the kind of corner that you complete avoid their side of the field. Orton will and should try and test him. Grimes is not a Revis in his prime or a Ty Law or a Primetime. That's what I mean when I say not THAT good. My original comment was for FinFan who seem to suggest that Grimes was not going to be tested. He may make a play or two but Watkins can certainly keep him honest. Lets get this game going already.