[closed]Playoff Scenario-Winning the AFC EAST

Poeticlaw

I see the doom and gloom in the post about our playoff chances. I still believe there is a scenario that’s is going to play out. Look at the Pats Schedule they will lose their 3 away games I am almost willing to put money on that fact. So if the Patriots lose 3 of their next six games they will be 10-5 going up against us in the last game. If we win 4 of the next six games we will be 9-6 going into that last game. As long as we beat Miami and Jets we would be playing for the AFC East in that final game. Because if we beat the Pats we are tied in head to head but we will have the better division record. What better scenario could we ask for beat the Pats and we are in…

Thoughts on this happening?

I don't see the Pats* losing all 3 of those away games. Indy, GB, and SD.

The Bills should have 2 "sure thing" wins in the Jests and the Raiders. Which would mean they would have to win 2 of Fish, Browns, Denver, and GB.

Doable certainly. But likely?

But hey, it is possibly less far fetched than getting a wild card.

I see the doom and gloom in the post about our playoff chances. I still believe there is a scenario that’s is going to play out. Look at the Pats Schedule they will lose their 3 away games I am almost willing to put money on that fact. So if the Patriots lose 3 of their next six games they will be 10-5 going up against us in the last game. If we win 4 of the next six games we will be 9-6 going into that last game. As long as we beat Miami and Jets we would be playing for the AFC East in that final game. Because if we beat the Pats we are tied in head to head but we will have the better division record. What better scenario could we ask for beat the Pats and we are in…

You think they are going to lose to SD? The same SD that lost 34 to nothing last week?

I don't see the Pats* losing all 3 of those away games. Indy, GB, and SD.

They will almost certainly beat SD and turnover machine Luck will probably botch that game. I think GB has a shot to beat them. Here are the probabilities I see:

2-1: 55%

3-0 30%

1-2 14%

0-3 1%

And don't forget that Marrone is still the coach so the odds of the Bills beating Mia, NYJ, OAK and Cle...all 4 is probably about 5%. So the odds of the OP's original assertion happening IMO is about 1% of 5% or one in 1 in 2,000,000

Edited by 4merper4mer

Well I was going to say when was the lsat time the Patriots lost 3 out of six games. Turns out it has happened three times since 2009. In the early or mid part of the season. Not when it starts to turn cold.

I don't think it happens and I don't think the Bills win at NE with the division on the line. But that would be one hell of a way to break the playoff drought.

It will