STOP JINXING YOUR TEAM!

The Plunge

Hello fellow Bills fans.

This is a public service announcement from those who believe that it's possible to jinx a team. Now, I don't care if you believe in this sort of thing or not. I'm asking you to respect the fans who do.

So far this year I've witnessed the following things said by Bills fans:

1. Week 4 (Houston): Bills are the only team in the NFL to have 0 dropped passes by WR's. You said it, a bunch of times, to everyone who would listen, and then we dropped about 8 balls that game.

2. Week 7 (Minnesota): Bills are the only team in the NFL to have NOT allowed a 20 yard run. You said it a bunch of times, to everyone who would listen, and then we allowed not one, but TWO 20 yard runs that game.

3. Week 8 (Jets): Bills haven't allowed a rushing TD yet this year. You said it a bunch of times, to everyone who would listen, and then we allow 3 rushing TD's to the Jets.

Are you starting to see a pattern here?

4. This week, someone started a thread called "Who can we least afford to lose to injury". I couldn't f'ing believe this was started. You are just ASKING for an injury. This jinx was so bad, we didn't even need to wait for a game. Sammy goes down in practice. Now, I don't believe this injury is going to keep him out of the lineup for any length of time. But that's not the point. Treat this as a lesson - a jinx is a powerful thing.

Would you go to a hockey game and comment on the status of the shutout (ok, bad example Sabres fans - sorry about that), or would you talk about a no-hitter halfway through the 6th inning? Of course not. Because we all know that these are things that a knowledgeable sports fan simply wouldn't do.

Have some common sense here people. The next time you learn about an impressive streak or stat with your team. Digest it. Take a minute to be impressed. And then keep it to yourself.

Go Bills!

I call on Jesus, Odin, Thor, Muhammed, Moses, Zeus and the rest of the super team to NOT allow the above to happen!

Go Bills and any other irrational statements that have absolutely NO effect on the outcome of this game.

You people who believe that the position you sit in during the game, whether or not you hold your pee in or not and all the other stuff we do DOESN'T have an effect on the game are just plain wrong....now excuse me while pee before the kick off and get into my position for the game....