Good News Libs - B O authorizes 1,500 more troops to go back to Iraq&#

Nanker

Well to be fair (as if he ever is) he did meet with the Congressional leaders this afternoon.

It's probably an "Olive Branch" he's extending to them - you know the hawks, because nothing say, "coherent foreign policy" like a (*^*&%^$^#move of more boots on the ground when you've made a red line in the sand for no more boots on the ground.

Wait, does that make today the end of the Boots on the Ground pool??

http://forums.twobil...l/#entry3259356

Wow! You nailed that better than 4mer nailed that haiku. :lol:

Wait, does that make today the end of the Boots on the Ground pool??

http://forums.twobil...l/#entry3259356

I'm afraid to ask: who do you like this weekend?

Screw football, let's have KD pick the lottery numbers :devil:

Well to be fair (as if he ever is) he did meet with the Congressional leaders this afternoon.

See Obama didn't break his promise

The boots on the ground didn't come until after the obstructionist Republicans took over

Wow, a Bush joke. Where does a knob-gobbling statist like yourself come up with such original material?

His overlords just got their butts whooped so they've spent the last week reminiscing about the good old days of Hope & Change and when everything was Bush's fault

So 1500 more troops and $5B in funding.

Is there a plan here or is he just making this up as he goes?

I'm praying for those troops, because I'm sincerely worried that Obama is going to try and follow the Bill Clinton/Somalia gameplan(which was right out of the JFK/LBJ Viet Nam gameplan). Explained: Send the Ranger regiment, SF teams(green berets/delta force)/and an "allied" Pakistani mechanized infantry battalion, which comprises at most 3k men.....to fight against 50k psychotic combatants, and jusitfy that with "air power". The Air Force is practically worthless in this theatre, because you know damn well the 50k psychotics are going to hide behind the civilian population, just like they did in Somalia, and the supposed civilian population will change from combatants to "innocents" whenever it suits them.

So then we send out "patrols" which are likely to get ambushed by overwhelming firepower, when the "civilians" turn combatant again. To make matters worse, at least in Somalia they didn't have real artillery. These clowns in Iraq have now captured artillery we left behind for the ridiculous Iraqi not-army. Artilllery means: no "advising" from the Green zone. Artillery means they can shell our soldiers from long range, and put children right next to the guns, which makes even our helicopters useless.

IF we had stayed in Iraq, at least we'd still have some semblence of a defensible position. Now? We're going to have to fight to get those positions back, that we retreated from, against our own weapons, all because of a purely jackass leftist political "win".

I hope I am wrong on this one, but Democrats have a long history of sending too few soldiers to win wars....with their reasoning being "the less soldiers I send, the less that can get killed" :wacko:

Edited by OCinBuffalo