CMP M1 Garand

/dev/null

Fedex delivered a surprise earlier today. The M1 Garand that I ordered from CMP back in May finally showed up :w00t:

Gonna practice handling and loading/unloading with snap caps before I take her to the range. I've already cycled a few clips and experience my first Garand Ping

:D

I honestly think it's more about determining whether one is mentally healthy enough to safely own a firearm. I realized bad guys will find ways to get their hands on guns. No laws are going to change that. I just want there to be a system in place that results in guns legally ending up with people who have no business owning them.

I don't think a semi-automatic weapon is necessary for self-defense. And if someone wants to own one for target shooting fun, then leave it at the range; locked up and secure.

I'm not for removing guns from anyone, either. I'd just like to see some changes moving forward that allow people to be able have firearms for protection and for recreation. There's got to be some give and take from both sides of this issue. The end result should be easily agreed upon, in my opinion.

Got a collector grade for $700 last month.

I assume you kept it locked up at the range?

I'd love to get one but since I already own 5 30-06s I have a hard time justifying #6. Better get em while you can though I see CMP is out of carbines.

That's kinda been my problem as well. Every time I consider it, I stumble across something else. It'll probably end up being one of those things I end up kicking myself for never buying once they're sold out.

I'm writing the check right f'ing now.

Can someone teach me how to fly it? Nah, I'll just wing it.

If you've got seven figures laying around, I've got something in a nice, low-mileage Angolan Mig-29 you might be interested in.

Can someone teach me how to fly it?

Did you read this part:

"...We are available for dual instruction, export and worldwide delivery.

All trades considered..."

It seems they will give you instruction. Hold that check! Write them a script to a movie... Sign over the rights and royalties. What's 69k for a good movie script! "All trades considered."

;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois