Hackett Haters Desist

rfk

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is understandable but you also need balance

32 runs to 17 passes. that is not balanced ..

Clearly you do not need balance, as the lopsided scoreline reflected Sunday.

Hackett got the job done without taking foolish risks by passing all the time which could have resulted in a sack/fumble or interception. A turnover by Buffalo could have changed the whole dynamic of the game.

Clearly you do not need balance, as the lopsided scoreline reflected Sunday.

Hackett got the job done without taking foolish risks by passing all the time which could have resulted in a sack/fumble or interception. A turnover by Buffalo could have changed the whole dynamic of the game.

He said we needed balance when Orton threw 40 times for victories twice. Don't waste your time.

I'm still on the August Kool-Aid, which means EJ should still be starting.

I thought EJ-Fan-4-Ever drank it all. You been holding out on me?

oh wait you already did. you think Colt has more potential than EJ so you support the trade

I didn't say that. It may well be true, but I didn't say it.

My problem with Hackett has nothing to do with how many games we've won or lost. Obviously we're going to win if our defense gets 7 turnovers for us. You don't need an offensive coordinator to win a game handed to you like that. Orton could have just as easily called any play he wanted at the line based on the coverage and we'd have done at least as well, probably better.

What you DO need an OC for is to get the most out of the personnel you have. To maximize your points and time of possession, exploit matchups, get the ball to your best talent, and keep the defenses guessing.

We're spoiled because we've had Pettine and Schwartz as DC's on the other side of the ball, and we've seen what great coordinators with decades of NFL experience can do with talent. I don't see Hackett as being an outstanding coordinator, I see a guy calling plays who is afraid to lose instead of playing aggressive, and a guy that has shown a tendency to play directly into the strengths of the defenses we face.

He'll be gone at the end of the year because Pegula doesn't care about money and coaches don't count against the salary cap. Hackett certainly isn't the best OC money can buy, that's for sure. I'm excited to see a new system in here with our talent. Meanwhile, we'll keep playing great defense and hoping to squeak out wins with our predictable gameplanning, and I'm still loving watching our guys. There's just room for better coaching offensively, and it's pretty obvious by now.

My problem with Hackett has nothing to do with how many games we've won or lost. Obviously we're going to win if our defense gets 7 turnovers for us. You don't need an offensive coordinator to win a game handed to you like that. Orton could have just as easily called any play he wanted at the line based on the coverage and we'd have done at least as well, probably better.

What you DO need an OC for is to get the most out of the personnel you have. To maximize your points and time of possession, exploit matchups, get the ball to your best talent, and keep the defenses guessing.

We're spoiled because we've had Pettine and Schwartz as DC's on the other side of the ball, and we've seen what great coordinators with decades of NFL experience can do with talent. I don't see Hackett as being an outstanding coordinator, I see a guy calling plays who is afraid to lose instead of playing aggressive, and a guy that has shown a tendency to play directly into the strengths of the defenses we face.

He'll be gone at the end of the year because Pegula doesn't care about money and coaches don't count against the salary cap. Hackett certainly isn't the best OC money can buy, that's for sure. I'm excited to see a new system in here with our talent. Meanwhile, we'll keep playing great defense and hoping to squeak out wins with our predictable gameplanning, and I'm still loving watching our guys. There's just room for better coaching offensively, and it's pretty obvious by now.

Lets bring Chan out of retirement ....make loads of sense to change coaches on a 5 and 3 team with a career back up QB at the helm...you guys would B word after a Super Bowl win

that is understandable but you also need balance

32 runs to 17 passes. that is not balanced ..

You can't always get balance. Comfortable lead most of the game and played maybe a bit too conservative but no stupid mistakes.

You can't always get balance. Comfortable lead most of the game and played maybe a bit too conservative but no stupid mistakes.

Yes, but any of the retired OCs and football experts on this board would tell you that nothing makes you an unpredictable and a dangerous O like running the same number of pass and run plays, because opposing DCs will never pick up on some artificial application of balance. Oh...and the best thing to do when your run game isn't working is not to work on it in games and get it right, but instead is to abandon it and start flinging the ball, because the opposing DCs who aren't watching film of us won't see that coming either. Also, the experts know from personal experience that you need bigger stones to rant and rave about an OC's game planning from the relative anonymity of some discussion board than you do when you're an OC for an NFL team in the trenches trying to win a game. Plus, didn't you know that the NFL now grades wins based on the number of points you score AND the circumstances of the win? Yep--if you play against a rookie making his first road start or a slapstick QB tandem, that W doesn't count as much as if you beat Aaron Rogers or Peyton Manning.

Yes, but any of the retired OCs and football experts on this board would tell you that nothing makes you an unpredictable and a dangerous O like running the same number of pass and run plays, because opposing DCs will never pick up on some artificial application of balance. Oh...and the best thing to do when your run game isn't working is not to work on it in games and get it right, but instead is to abandon it and start flinging the ball, because the opposing DCs who aren't watching film of us won't see that coming either. Also, the experts know from personal experience that you need bigger stones to rant and rave about an OC's game planning from the relative anonymity of some discussion board than you do when you're an OC for an NFL team in the trenches trying to win a game. Plus, didn't you know that the NFL now grades wins based on the number of points you score AND the circumstances of the win? Yep--if you play against a rookie making his first road start or a slapstick QB tandem, that W doesn't count as much as if you beat Aaron Rogers or Peyton Manning.

Bravo.

Rob

why is it that you (and 3 or 4 others) have continuously brought up EJ this past week?

I had stated the KO was a albeit small improvement over EJ, I have never said he (KO) should be benched.

I have only mentioned EJ in direct response to posters. EJ is on the bench KO is not.

are you feeling insecure or something?

no you can't. but you need to have a balanced plan in mind I believe.

Hell (IIRC) I remember a Flutie game v the Giants where the Bills ran the ball 15 to 20 straight times, because they could.

17 passes and ZERO INT's by KO v the JETS ..... was that a coincidence or the offensive game plan?

Rob

why is it that you (and 3 or 4 others) have continuously brought up EJ this past week?

I had stated the KO was a albeit small improvement over EJ, I have never said he (KO) should be benched.

I have only mentioned EJ in direct response to posters. EJ is on the bench KO is not.

are you feeling insecure or something?

no you can't. but you need to have a balanced plan in mind I believe.

Hell (IIRC) I remember a Flutie game v the Giants where the Bills ran the ball 15 to 20 straight times, because they could.

17 passes and ZERO INT's by KO v the JETS ..... was that a coincidence or the offensive game plan?

17 passes 4 TD's, coincidence or gameplan?