What To Take From the Jets Game ?

T master

My takeaways are:

*Urbik should have been the starter day one.

*Giving Hackett the benefit of the doubt for conservative play calling given our field position and turnovers, he still is in over his head.

*We have a real NFL QB. Not top ten talent, but a legit starter at long last.

*Sammy's a star and Preston Brown is really developing into a solid player. Can't wait for Kiko to come back.

*Pears is brutal.

*Our D Line is special and D Line depth impressive.

*Chandler is playing well.

I couldn't have said it better!! Except when describing Pears use caps BRUTAL. Yes Chandler is playing well, but still need an upgrade.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The confidence of the defense was fun to see. Those guys knew that the Jets were not going to do much against them, and the next fumble or interception was just a play or two away.

It shows that confidence and momentum can make a huge difference in the way a team plays.

Bills defense is very very very good, the Oline is very very very bad, Sammy is the legit #1 WR we've been waiting for so long, our other WRs strike me as meh, our special teams are pretty damn good, Fred Jackson gets more love for running behind that travesty we call an Oline , The Oline is also going to get Orton injured .

are you kidding, they are 6th in yds given up per game in the entire NFL...holy crap man. The lead the league in interceptions as an example the bills after turnovers moved the ball 0 yards and went backwards still had 9 points.

The only stat that counts is W&L

What team just made them look bad by winning 43 to 23 allowing a rookie to catch 3 balls and run for 157 yards and 1 TD and less than 35 yards rushing?

have you considered that the low yardage may be due to all of the turnovers and giving their opponent a short field?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Bills defense is very very very good, the Oline is very very very bad, Sammy is the legit #1 WR we've been waiting for so long, our other WRs strike me as meh, our special teams are pretty damn good, Fred Jackson gets more love for running behind that travesty we call an Oline , The Oline is also going to get Orton injured .

I think it was the 1st offensive play, I saw both TE's, one on each side of the formation slip out to run a route without even bothering to chip block. The result was a defender left unchecked and completely free to go after Orton. That really blew my mind. And then they continued to do that throughout the game. Orton is going to get killed. The OLmen, I actually thought did decent against powerful DLmen. They were even picking up some stunts perfectly. The edges were awful though, leaving LBs a free for all on our QB. I want to go back and look at the game again....maybe I am not remembering this right.

I agree with a lot of folks that our offensive scheme needs work and that everyone who follows the bills know were going to run more than we pass on 1st down. The question I have is it the Running backs, offensive linemen, OC, or the o line coach. I was watching the Saints game last night and they showed a play where the Guard and tackle both slid out to block and were spot on. That said, it seems to me our scheme is a little vanilla for this level. It appears we run a fair number of Dive plays and very little counter plays. Our guards barely seem to move and we do a lot of straight up blocking.

I think it was the 1st offensive play, I saw both TE's, one on each side of the formation slip out to run a route without even bothering to chip block. The result was a defender left unchecked and completely free to go after Orton. That really blew my mind. And then they continued to do that throughout the game. Orton is going to get killed. The OLmen, I actually thought did decent against powerful DLmen. They were even picking up some stunts perfectly. The edges were awful though, leaving LBs a free for all on our QB. I want to go back and look at the game again....maybe I am not remembering this right.

On of the brutal sacks we were in the stupid bunch formation and both the LB and CB blitzed from the same left side of the jets defense. One or both came in without being touched. The Jets could never do that if we didn't have 9 players in tight.