I went into the game hating jets fans and left with new friends

My family and I had seats in the upper endzone and constantly cheered on the bills to the point where the entire section called us !@#$s. We're "kicked out" by security for swearing but they couldn't tell us what we were saying. Out case seemed bleak until 90% of our section (all jets fans) came to our defense. They told the truth all we were doing is cheering on our team. They respected us for coming on to their turf and still supporting our team. We played the shout song on repeat for an hour during tailgate and still had fans coming up to us saying how much they respected us for supporting our team in enemy soil. I would like to say cheers jets fans. Thank you for your support. You men and women were great today except for the few throwing ketchup. I went from despising jets fans to respecting them and making many new friends(as hard as it is to say a jet fan is a friend)

It's sad that bills fans would have a person thrown out for cheering on your team when jets fans came to the enemies defense.

My family and I had seats in the upper endzone and constantly cheered on the bills to the point where the entire section called us !@#$s. We're "kicked out" by security for swearing but they couldn't tell us what we were saying. Out case seemed bleak until 90% of our section (all jets fans) came to our defense. They told the truth all we were doing is cheering on our team. They respected us for coming on to their turf and still supporting our team. We played the shout song on repeat for an hour during tailgate and still had fans coming up to us saying how much they respected us for supporting our team in enemy soil. I would like to say cheers jets fans. Thank you for your support. You men and women were great today except for the few throwing ketchup. I went from despising jets fans to respecting them and making many new friends(as hard as it is to say a jet fan is a friend)

It's sad that bills fans would have a person thrown out for cheering on your team when jets fans came to the enemies defense.

I can beat that I have a brother in law that is a Jets fan.

Awesome!

Oddly enough, most of the Jets fans I've met in real life have been pretty cool dudes. I think the bad apples just give their fan base a bad name in general.

Isn't that pretty much the case with every fan base?

For the life of me I don't understand why people would intentionally paint targets on themselves. But I'm glad it worked out OK for you this time.

And that was only halftime.

Wow. And the Jets actually looked like they had a good chance in the game going into halftime.

How angry at his own life does a person have to be to scream at someone else over and over again you're garbage or you're a disgrace just because they are getting beat in a GAME by another professional team?

I'll admit my mood is slightly different on Mondays after wins than on Mondays after losses, but Good God, get some perspective on your life.

Wow. And the Jets actually looked like they had a good chance in the game going into halftime.

How angry at his own life does a person have to be to scream at someone else over and over again you're garbage or you're a disgrace just because they are getting beat in a GAME by another professional team?

I'll admit my mood is slightly different on Mondays after wins than on Mondays after losses, but Good God, get some perspective on your life.

Welcome to NYC (or NJ as the case may be).

Kind of pissed by this remark...My section has come to the aid of the "enemies" fans many times, don't judge the whole stadium by one section. An !@#$ fan is an !@#$ fan no matter what jersey they are wearing...

Edited by ricojes

This is what can happen when you paint a target on yourself.

http://newyork.cbslo...-stadium-fight/

I love how they claim their video surveillance system is so state of the art, yet the guy that threw the punch still managed to get out of the stadium without being apprehended. Where the hell were the security guards?

I have been to several other stadiums and even attended a Bills game at the Coliseum in LA when the Raiders played there. Never had a problem but I also never acted like a tool in someone else's stadium.

I love how they claim their video surveillance system is so state of the art, yet the guy that threw the punch still managed to get out of the stadium without being apprehended. Where the hell were the security guards?

I have been to several other stadiums and even attended a Bills game at the Coliseum in LA when the Raiders played there. Never had a problem but I also never acted like a tool in someone else's stadium.

They video everywhere but I can't imagine they have a person looking at each camera all day :) But, when something gets reported they can look and see what happened.

Kind of pissed by this remark...My section has come to the aid of the "enemies" fans many times, don't judge the whole stadium by one section. An !@#$ fan is an !@#$ fan no matter what jersey they are wearing...

not judging by one section. I am judging by every section I have ever sat in. Minimum 2 games a year for the last 20 and have only sat in a repeat section a couple times

They video everywhere but I can't imagine they have a person looking at each camera all day :) But, when something gets reported they can look and see what happened.

Agreed, but my point was that you can have the very best video equipment, which is certainly helpful in reconstructing something, but where were the guards to intervene after this happened. I know it's only a 40 second clip, but they were field level. At the Ralph, something breaks out and they seem to be all over it pretty quickly, especially in the lower bowl.

The guy was arrested and charge with assault.

Agreed, but my point was that you can have the very best video equipment, which is certainly helpful in reconstructing something, but where were the guards to intervene after this happened. I know it's only a 40 second clip, but they were field level. At the Ralph, something breaks out and they seem to be all over it pretty quickly, especially in the lower bowl.

I don't know, neither stadium can have security everywhere. But the bottom line is, don't be a douchebag and you probably won't get cold cocked in the first place.

Edited by CodeMonkey